• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show Season 2 interest thread!

Mrbob

Season one is winding down and should be finished in the next couple weeks, so I'm gauging interest in a potential second season. It is amazing we have come as far as we have this year with the first season, so lets not stop now! Teams who were in the first season have their teams reserved for season 2 if they still want to play! The plan is to play three games in five days, and move on from there. Only join if you can regularly hit this schedule. Please don't join up and then decide to quit midseason. Once the season starts I cannot add any players which are removed. Thank Sony's wonderful league setup! So without further ado, lets get this party started! Who wants in for another round?

I do have a couple spots tentatively reserved with these teams at the moment. They both expressed interest during the first season they wanted in the next!

Matrix - Astros
Eznark - Brewers
MrBob - Cubs

If you are new to GAF leagues, don't be shy to join up! All you need to do is be able to play your games in a timely fashion! Let me know what teams you are interested in using as well. Check the season 1 thread first post to see what players are in. If they rejoin with the same team they have first dibs, but if they decide to pass on season 2 they are free game!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
How is the league setup? I'd be down to jump in on the second season.

eznark

Banned
Brewers, Brewers keep turning up the heat!
Brewers, Brewers keep turning up the heat!

We may be noisy
We may be loud
But we love our Brewers and we're mighty proud
Double play, big home run
Brewers are brewing up a barrel of fun!

Long way of saying I am likely in for season 2. The Brewers are pretty terrible in this game though. I rarely play a game online where their awful defense doesn't bite me in the ass.

Only hitch is my internet connection. I'm moving to rural Indiana and have no idea how shitty the DSL connection will be. I'll have to play a few test games before I can give a definitive yes.

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Season one is winding down and should be finished in the next couple weeks, so I'm gauging interest in a potential second season. It is amazing we have come as far as we have this year with the first season, so lets not stop now! Teams who were in the first season have their teams reserved for season 2 if they still want to play! The plan is to play three games in five days, and move on from there. Only join if you can regularly hit this schedule. Please don't join up and then decide to quit midseason. Once the season starts I cannot add any players which are removed. Thank Sony's wonderful league setup! So without further ado, lets get this party started! Who wants in for another round?

I do have a couple spots tentatively reserved with these teams at the moment. They both expressed interest during the first season they wanted in the next!

Matrix - Astros
Eznark - Brewers
MrBob - Cubs

If you are new to GAF leagues, don't be shy to join up! All you need to do is be able to play your games in a timely fashion! Let me know what teams you are interested in using as well. Check the season 1 thread first post to see what players are in. If they rejoin with the same team they have first dibs, but if they decide to pass on season 2 they are free game!
I'm in.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
In as the Stros cause thats how I roll

profile_web.php

Smokey

Matrix said:
In as the Stros cause thats how I roll

profile_web.php

Why do I always have to switch teams b/c you have a H-town squad?! You ain't even in Houston brah!

It's okay..more incentive for Pujols to to destroy the Astros.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey said:
Why do I always have to switch teams b/c you have a H-town squad?! You ain't even in Houston brah!

It's okay..more incentive for Pujols to to destroy the Astros.

My elbow went out right before the league started this season and I have also used the Stros every time we have done Show leagues,but the leagues have always failed cause I was too good...ask Bob lol

I had called the Stros for season 2 as soon as the game came out cause I knew I couldn't play in season one.Heck I even created the Show season league thread this year and then I got hurt.

As for Madden I have used the Texans ever since we have had GAF leagues...GAF vet rules Heck besides CK I think I have been on GAF longer than anyone in the Gaf leagues.

I wish I was still in Houston,I never wanted to move to NYC....family/job caused the move.I'm sure I was born in Houston before you though?! :p

You can have the Rockets in every NBA league and I will never challenge you for them,I know that's your game and you do a great job running leagues compared to past league boss *Konex*

I don't look at it as you switching teams or me stealing them,you just happened to join GAF later than me,that's all.

P.S- Poopjuls won't do shit to me :D

P.S.S - my long reply is over

I'm already down as the New York Injury-Depleted Guys Playing in the Huge Ballpark Where We Will Always Say "That would've gone out in Shea!!!"

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I have not touched this game online since the first week it came out. Have they fixed the lag issues?

Yup, runs great.

Anyone want to get a game in tonight around 9:30?

Ward

I'm interested.

How long does the league last?

I'll have to check out online tonight, I've only done local so far.

Yeah, I want to do this.

Team: TB, LAA, TEX, or etc.

Core407

Banned
I'm finally unbanned! I'm definitely interested in a second league! Hopefully we can up the difficulty a bit this time. Anyone else have an interest in a fantasy draft?

eznark

Banned
Let's get this started already. I'm on my last hour of work before relocation and I need something to fill the coming Summer of eznark.

eznark

Banned
A fantasy draft would be cool, it would give the Brewers a chance.

I just played a game online with the new (and shitty) DSL. No lag whatsoever, so should be good to go.

Trevelyan

Banned
GQman2121 said:
Absolutely, and I believe we're going to be turning off the strike zones too!

Oh Shit, shit just got real. Never played a game with strike zone off, this should be awesome, haha. And yeah, I'd prefer fantasy draft so when I lose it won't be a blowout.

Core407

Banned
What do you guys think of doing a tournament before a second season? Lots of people flaked in the first one, don't want to experience that again.

Core407

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I have not touched this game online since the first week it came out. Have they fixed the lag issues?

Same old shit as usual but most of the people on here have good to great connections. It's just something you have to accept if you're going to participate.

Mrbob

Yeah we can do a tourney first...in fact we can try and set one up for this weekend!

Let me know if you want in!

I'll assume core wants to play in it. :D

Core407

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yeah we can do a tourney first...in fact we can try and set one up for this weekend!

Let me know if you want in!

I'll assume core wants to play in it. :D

Naturally. :) I'll stick to my Braves.

Matrix

I'll try a tourney, it's better than nothing at all.

Mrbob

I still need to figure out how to run season 2.

I think the problem with season 1 is it ran so long. 40+ game season with 16+ people on PS3 is tough. :lol Especially a game I can't adjust players after it starts. And we almost made it too!

I don't know if I have the time to run another league. If someone else wants to give it a whirl I can help out in setting it up, but my plans are very busy at the moment and will continue so in the forseeable future so I don't really have the time to be running a league. I say Matrix step up to the plate and create one!

Matrix

"I say Matrix step up to the plate and create one!"

Pffft I'm a follower not a leader

Top Bottom