• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA Reporter Ariel Helwani Says UFC Booted Him From McGregor-Mayweather Press Tour

TankRizzo

Banned
http://deadspin.com/mma-reporter-ariel-helwani-says-ufc-booted-him-from-mcg-1796822078

Dana at it again

MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani said today that he’d been abruptly booted by the UFC from covering the tour for the network airing the pay-per-view. This came about a year after a June 2016 fiasco in which Helwani was banned for life by the UFC for reporting news, before revealing that he had worked as the company’s paid shill. (His credentials were eventually restored.)

lebron-crying.jpg

Realyn

He's free to break news in advance aka Brock knowingly pissing people off and report negatively about things like unions, fighter pay and so on.

They're free to not give him a press pass and ask Showtime to remove him as co-producers of the event.

Someone explain to me how this is rocket science. If you have a big problem with it, boycott the company.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I used to be on Team Ariel but after last year? Eh. I don't really care. Dana has been a knob to anyone not sucking his dick for YEARS. But Ariel is kind of a dweeb as well sooooo... Meh.

He's free to break news in advance aka Brock knowingly pissing people off and report negatively about things like unions, fighter pay and so on.

They're free to not give him a press pass and ask Showtime to remove him as co-producers of the event.

Someone explain to me how this is rocket science. If you have a big problem with it, boycott the company.

Thing is he is still credentialed and covering the event, he's just not working for SHOtime directly.

Top Bottom