• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modded XBOX Owners... Show Us Your Dash!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I forgot how to take screen caps w/ the controller...

IMG_1261.jpg

2YearsL8R_Loading.jpg

Anyone here use UnleashX?

Joe

my modded dude is fucked i cant even get to the dash and ive tried everything.

would you guys reccommend doing a softmod?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I still use Evo X. I'm a little intimidated about changing to something like Avalaunch or Unleash X. :)

DaCocoBrova

Avalaunch is pretty damn cool. I just don't like the skins that I've seen. Very different from EvoX. Way more GUIfied.

Tyrael

I use the UnleashX, best dashboard so far. Even zip files can be extracted and compacted with it. Amazing!

I use UnleashX. I even got some icons for all the various menu items.

Joe said:
my modded dude is fucked i cant even get to the dash and ive tried everything.

would you guys reccommend doing a softmod?

Can you get to the MS dash when the mod chip is off? If so, turn the mod back on and then burn a dash onto a DVD or CD-RW. Use the FTP feature of the dash to log into the Xbox and fix whatever is wrong.

DaCocoBrova

I use the UnleashX, best dashboard so far. Even zip files can be extracted and compacted with it. Amazing!

What does it look like? Can I run it as an app, or does it have to boot to it?

Here is mine.. got it off of allxboxskins.com I think..

xboxdump.jpg

Can't figure out a way to capture the loading image, but it's just a white screen with that little black logo and a few of the green shards around that logo.. nothing fancy.. I just liked the normal dashskin..

OH! If you want to do a screendump under EvoX, you hit the black button and it'll do a screen dump to a bmp file. It'll be under the same directory of the dash named, appropriately enough, screendump.bmp

jonhuz

UnleashX, click in left thumstick and black button (or white :p). Stores it on Z i think.
No webspace for my pic :(

8bit

Knows the Score
jonhuz said:
UnleashX, click in left thumstick and black button (or white :p). Stores it on Z i think.
No webspace for my pic :(

imageshack.us

Hey, is that nyarthmaul gobshite still polluting ukr?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DaCocoBrova said:
What does it look like? Can I run it as an app, or does it have to boot to it?

you can just run it as an app. It's actually really easy to switch to it as well, just replace the evox dash with the unleash x one. give it the same name. there may be a config.xml file to put in the c: as well. but it's a painless process. It's much much better than evox as it has a skin browser that connects to the web and downloads skins for you as well as a game saves manager that does that as well. Can support up to 10 users as an ftp server.

Avalaunch is also very good and I keep that as an app for it's inbuilt ftp client. EVOX is easily the weakest of the three with Unlesh X and Avalaunch being a pretty close race. Download them both and run them as an app to see which you like.

DaCocoBrova

Hmmm

Avalaunch doesn't show up as an app for me. Might be due to my old-ass BIOS.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DaCocoBrova said:
Hmmm

Avalaunch doesn't show up as an app for me. Might be due to my old-ass BIOS.

You don't edit the ini file manually for each new entry do you? do you have it saved in the directory that evox autoscans for default.xbe files? It should work. just go run it from whatever file explorer you use.

too lazy to use anything but EvoX. Besides, don't really use my Xbaby for more than XBMC and Emus

oh, obviously made this skin myself. :D

skin.jpg

COCKLES

being watched
I'm still using the 2nd release of Evo-X from two years ago. If it ain't broke....

With Master Chief in his Halo 2 pose.

DaCocoBrova

How do I stop the XBOX from resetting when I hit eject w/ UnleashX?

DaCocoBrova

How big is your HD?!

My CPU temp stays in the 50s! I want your XBOX Op!

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I still use Media X Menu, becuase I loaded it on ages ago and have changed since. I love the animated menus, but I hate how I have to manually edit my menus - it's auto-detect for all things is pretty poor.

DaCocoBrova

Avalaunch refuses to run no matter what I do. Gotta be the BIOS. I like UnleashX better anyway.

When I switched to Unleash X, there was no way I could go back to plain old Evo X.
I love preview videos when a game is highlighted, custom music playin in the background, etc...

I change my skin often.
(these aren't my screenshots, but these are some skins that I have used)

[1776]BlackBox_Jezz_News_BigVid.jpg

[1485]Preview1.jpg

[991]UXblu.jpg

[927]milkyX_MAX_blue_preview.jpg

[24]skinblue_preview2.jpg

Burger

anyone help with this?

shitty eeprom?

the gist is, we need an eeprom, but not one that will be good for live just to un-fuck a friends xbox on our network since we took his eeprom. details in the link if anyone feels like helping out....

Vormund

I've tried some other dashboards but I'm back to my original EvoX dash.

Some of there UnleashX dash's look great, I haven't tried that one yet...any skin recommendations?

Yusaku

I just have some generic EvoX skin with some useful info.

On a slightly related note, should I be worried that I always get weird/inconsistant tempurate results? Like, it'll be 4 degrees C one time, then 90 degrees C, the 55 degrees C later.

Meier

I want to get my Xbox modded so badly but after getting screwed on a modchip in the past I've just never gotten around to trying to buy another. :\

Top Bottom