• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modded Xbox question

ShadowRed

Banned
What would be the best way to update my emulators. Should I delete the old files and copy over the new ones or should I create a new folder from the get go and dump it there? If I use the later how would I get it to show up on my menu? Is there a file already in the emulator or do I have to do something in the bios? Thanks.

Drexon

Banned
It's just a folder with some files. Back up the roms, and the save files if they're compatible or whatever, then delete the entire emulator folder and put your new on in.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
which emulators are you updating and with what?

I haven't done an update in ages and need to do it.

Ecrofirt

well, if you're using Evox, the menu will look like this if you don't delete the other version:

FCEU
MAME
MAME
SNES 9X

Ecrofirt

Do you want me to boot up Avalaunch of UnleashX and tell you exactly how it will appear?

Evox is my standard dashboard.

Ecrofirt

With Avalaunch you'll get a double entry
With UnleashX, it only shows one of them.

this is assuming you have two compies of said emulator, in the following format

e:\games\Mame\default.xbe
e:\games\New Mame\default.xbe

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Can someone explain setting up a dashboard other than EvoX? I mean, without replacing the original XBox dashboard first. How do you make a bios launch a specific dashboard?

All this talk about UnleashX and Avalaunch has me intrigued.

ShadowRed

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
well, if you're using Evox, the menu will look like this if you don't delete the other version:

FCEU
MAME
MAME
SNES 9X

Yeah I'm using Evox. So I don't have to edit any files to get it to show in the menu? I'd like to keep the old version till I'm sure the new on is working correct then delete it.

Minotauro said:
Can someone explain setting up a dashboard other than EvoX? I mean, without replacing the original XBox dashboard first. How do you make a bios launch a specific dashboard?

All this talk about UnleashX and Avalaunch has me intrigued.

Check out the Avalaunch page. If you set up EvoX you should be able to set this up. If you would like to set up Avaluanch and keep EvoX it's not that hard. I use Avalauche, but then use it's file manger to run EvoX if I want (or if EvoX has some functionality I want). PM me if you need help on how to do that...keep in mind one of my XBoxes is soft modded, byt the process should be the same and is fairly simple.

Ecrofirt

Evox auto sorts the games.

It'll be on there, but like I said, it's going to be a double entry. make sure you know which version you're playing, and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom