• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modder removes PSN requirement for Ragnarok

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Sony's decision to require a PlayStation Network sign-in for the PC port of the single-player God of War Ragnarök is drawing expected levels of ire from frustrated PC gamers. Now, though, those angry players can actually do something about the problem thanks to a new mod that removes the PSN log-in requirement from the game entirely.

The NoPSSDK mod, hosted on NexusMods, promises to "fully strip the PlayStation PC SDK runtime requirement for God of War Ragnarok." The open source mod makes use of a simple Microsoft Detours library to get around the game's calls to the PlayStation Network API without "touch[ing] or modify[ing] any original game code."

Good shit. AFAIK this was never possible with EA or Ubisoft’s shenanigans.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Not saying I agree with account logins, just find selective outrage and lengths they go, cute.

Yes, Rockstar, all over my face with your GTA5/RDR2 logins. Oh yes CoD, log me in harder daddy. Oh for sure Valve, Trojan Horse your store/launcher with HL2... we sure showed you!
You guys really need to stop bullshitting with this. Every single launcher and third-party login got shat on. EA, Ubisoft, PlayStation, Bethestda, Rockstar, all of them. There's no selective outrage. None of them got a pass.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Not saying I agree with account logins, just find selective outrage and lengths they go, cute.

Yes, Rockstar, all over my face with your GTA5/RDR2 logins. Oh yes CoD, log me in harder daddy. Oh for sure Valve, Trojan Horse your store/launcher with HL2... we sure showed you!
Right Here Omg GIF by FN Films

Dude, people have complained about all those things. Add 2K and Paradox to the list as well. You just weren’t paying attention because it didn’t concern your favorite console brand. These logins serve absolutely zero function in a single player game, and are fucking stupid.

Mr Moose

Dude, people have complained about all those things. Add 2K and Paradox to the list as well. You just weren’t paying attention because it didn’t concern your favorite console brand. These logins serve absolutely zero function in a single player game, and are fucking stupid.
Does this mod keep trophies?

bender

What time is it?
You need to log into Steam, just like PS4/Xbox (though you can make an offline account without an email on consoles and use discs). Maybe they can mod out Steam login requirement.

Gaiff

Yep, but console gamers love pointing to those fake double standards they made up in their heads.

>$700 PS5 Pro
>PC gamers say it's too expensive
>But you guys weren't saying NVIDIA cards were too expensive

Except we fucking were lol.

Cornbread78

You don't understand how difficult & intrusive logging into a PSN account is dammit! You might as well be giving PSN your first born & your bank account information!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You guys really need to stop bullshitting with this. Every single launcher and third-party login got shat on. EA, Ubisoft, PlayStation, Bethestda, Rockstar, all of them. There's no selective outrage. None of them got a pass.
The bullshit was the meme I quoted. Because every PC gamer bent over to the OG... Steam.

Where are the mods for all the others? Yes, people complain. But tens of millions always capitulate, selectively.

Last edited:

pudel

Wouldn't this get you a ban on Steam or something?
If it would be some kind of competitive multiplayer game including anticheat stuff etc....maybe yes. But its a single player game! No one cares how you play these games and what you add to it and what you remove from it. Sony just doesnt do themselves a big favour with these psn requirements....at least for their single player games. And even a multiplayer game like Helldivers2 ran perfectly fine without the psn requirement. It basically showed everyone on PC that this "requirement" is completely unnesessary and annoying. All their previous releases on PC came without psn....and everybody was happy. Sony seemed to not like it this way. Why....I dont know.

Gaiff

The bullshit was the meme I quoted. Because every PC gamer bent over to the OG... Steam.
In the mid 2000s when they actually brought something of value to the table? Absolutely comparable.
Where are the mods for all the others? Yes, people complain. But tens of millions always capitulate, selectively.
They’re effectively DRMs. Good luck removing them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In the mid 2000s when they actually brought something of value to the table? Absolutely comparable.

They’re effectively DRMs. Good luck removing them.
So they capitulated and didn't "fight the power" like that retarded meme of hapless ego buffing?

The points stands.

And we all hated that we had to install Steam locked behind the long awaited HL2. That thing was a buggy crashing shitshow of software when it came out. But, we all capitulated and hold them high now. Of course, they did come a long way.

pudel

I mean you need at least a store where you buy yr games, right?

There are "mods"...people just dont refer to them as "mods". ;)

And for multiplayer games its hopefully obvious that you cant do much against this account plague.

poodaddy

Time for Sony to pull support from Steam and PC all together. Weirdos can't stand following the rules and standards.
This is pathetic lol.

You're the kind of guy who would take up for car manufacturers trying to charge a subscription for heated seats.

"Wait, they hacked their car to get access to the seat warmers of the car they purchased?! They should have their cars taken!"

Gaiff

So they capitulated and didn't "fight the power" like that retarded meme of hapless ego buffing?
Steam offers a slew of benefits with the account and you're here talking about shit from the 20 years ago.
The points stands.
No, it doesn't. It's fucking stupid. You tried to pretend that PC gamers gave a pass to other third-party accounts when they didn't. When you got called out on your bullshit, you went after Steam and had to resort to going 20 years back in the past to make a "point" and have the nerve to say that it still stands when it doesn't make sense. The PlayStation account gets treated like every other intrusive one. It doesn't get treated unfairly, so quit this bullshit.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Steam offers a slew of benefits with the account and you're here talking about shit from the 20 years ago.

No, it doesn't. It's fucking stupid. You tried to pretend that PC gamers gave a pass to other third-party accounts when they didn't. When you got called out on your bullshit, you went after Steam and had to resort to going 20 years back in the past to make a "point" and have the nerve to say that it still stands when it doesn't make sense. The PlayStation account gets treated like every other intrusive one. It doesn't get treated unfairly, so quit this bullshit.
I didn't try and pretend anything. I responded to a dumb "Hollier than thou" meme, go be emotionally invested somewhere else.

Top Bottom