• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster S-Video doesn't work with new PS TWO :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroLuffy

Warning for those that bought the new PStwo today: after spending an hour behind my entertainment center switching cords in and out, I finally realized that my ps2 monster s-video (blue cables) simply doesn't work with the new model.

I was a bit worried when i realized the s-video input didn't plug into the back of the pstwo very well. My concerns were not unwarranted: no picture on the screen. Several trial and error sessions later, I concluded that monster ps2 s-video must be incompatible.

Now, I checked the manual and it says sony ps2 brand s-video SCPH-10060 U is compatible, but I have no way of confirming it... blah. Thanks for the headache Sony. ;(

Sigh, anyone want to buy some monster ps2 s-video?

AfroLuffy

Well, I just talked to a friend and he said his Monster component worked just fine on it, so now i'm thinking perhaps it's just my cord; but shit, it worked fine on my old ps2 this morning -_-

AfroLuffy

Jesus, I just realized i'm an idiot. Used potentially damaging force, but got the s-video cord in to the unit and it works now.

erm... sorry, please close this thread. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom