• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most people disagree with me, but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Roles like Dumb and Dumber and ace ventura suit Jim Carey more than roles like the truman show. I remember watching Dumb and Dumber and nearly laughing myself shitless, but when I watched something like the truman show, it just didnt suit him. maybe Ive got a bad sense of humour, but I just want Jim Carey to do another film like Ace Ventura:)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
psycho_snake said:
Roles like Dumb and Dumber and ace ventura suit Jim Carey more than roles like the truman show. I remember watching Dumb and Dumber and nearly laughing myself shitless, but when I watched something like the truman show, it just didnt suit him. maybe Ive got a bad sense of humour, but I just want Jim Carey to do another film like Ace Ventura:)

Negative Truman show kicked ass. I like him in his serious stuff and his comedy stuff.

I'd say people don't feel more serious roles suit him because of films like Dumb and Dumber. You kind of just sit there in his more serious films expecting him to jump out and act like an idiot any second... but it never really happens. It makes it hard to take him seriously at all.

Timbuktu

howabout Eternal Sunshine? simply brilliant. he still did stuff with his face a couple of times, but his acting is cool too.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well comparing his dramatic stuff to dumb and dumber isn't really fair, cause that's the funniest movie of all time.

Eternal sunshine was really really good though.

way more

I hear what you're saying but it has to be boring as an actor to play idiots all the time. As for hokey, I think he emulates his hero, Jimmy Stewart. I thought he was great in Bruce Almighty.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Jim Carrey is great in both; he's damn good at the goofy shit (which can be funny) and he has a nice, somewhat unique and convincing style of more serious, dramatic acting. He was absolutely incredible in Eternal Sunshine: fact.

MonkeyBoy

the problem with jim carrey is he is so goofy looking so dramatic roles don't play so good. he is a good dramatic actor but does not look it. i think he should stick to comedy.

and the truman show was very lammee!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MonkeyBoy said:
the problem with jim carrey is he is so goofy looking so dramatic roles don't play so good. he is a good dramatic actor but does not look it. i think he should stick to comedy.

and the truman show was very lammee!

did you write this post on opposite day or something?

MonkeyBoy

the only dramatic role i liked him in was Man on the Moon. i still have not seen eternal sunshine.. and no this is any other day i would say the truman show was lame!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Jim Carrey is great. Somehow he seems to find outstanding scripts. Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine are excellent movies. Its a shame he was snubbed for an Oscar Nomination TWICE. Back to back Golden Globes, but not one Oscar nod. Pathetic.

I'd say that's a fair enough statement.

Jim Carrey was great in the Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Could other actors have done as good a job as he did? Yes, a few could, but he was still terrific in both roles.

Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura can not be touched. There's not one actor on the face of the Earth who could've done what he did in those two films.

So while he may have been a better actor in Truman and Sunshine, his comedic performance in the two comedic roles could not have been executed so superbly by anyone else.

Personally I love all four movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom