• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most popular launch games per platform (Japan)

Jonnyram

Dengeki added a bit of interesting data to this week's charts in a run up to the DS vs PSP launches.
The games below are the most popular launch titles for each platform, within the first month of sales.
They are ranked according to the percentage of hardware owners that bought them.

1. N64 - Super Mario 64 - 92.5%
2. Saturn - Virtua Fighter - 82.3%
3. DC - Virtua Fighter 3tb - 80.1%
4. GC - Luigi's Mansion - 78.0%
5. PS - Ridge Racer - 77.5%
6. Xbox - Dead Or Alive 3 - 58.4%
7. PS2 - Ridge Racer V - 37.8%
8. GBA - Super Mario Advance - 33.2%

Presumably GBA had a lot of dispersion thanks to a large number of launch titles, so I would expect DS and PSP to have similar patterns.

Right now, retailers seem to be stocking lots of Sawaru Made in Wario and Mario 64 DS with KimiShine being stocked at a 4 hardware to 1 software ratio, roughly. No talk of PSP stocks, but MinGol and Shin Sangoku Musou are looking like the big launch day titles.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Pretty easy for Luigi's Mansion to get up there when only Wave Race and Super Monkey Ball launched besided it. What elese luanched on the N64?

In hindsight, it would've been better for NCL to delay the luanch untill November, when they could've had Smash Bros. Melee luanch with the system... and divert more systems to the U.S. launch.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I never got the game.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DCharlie said:
The Matrix DVD is not a launch title? ;)

Should have been.... God knows it sold much more than anything else on the PS2 during launch... :lol

Top Bottom