• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most ridiculous JRPG title

Little Mac

Gold Member
I remember laughing my ass off when Square Enix unveiled Octopath Traveler … also Vanillaware’s Unicorn Overlord. Ridiculous titles but both games are badass tbh.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Bravely_Default_Flying_Fairy_(JP).jpg

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Being an ESL most of those sound fine to me lol.

I googled which one has the longest title because I'm sure there are some very ridicuolous names out there, but was kinda surprised to find out that my beloved SMT series holds that Guiness World Record with this one: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army

ZoukGalaxy

Not JRPG, but I can't stop thinking of "Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, ,3, Revolution, Generations..." when it comes to ridiculous long name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Paltheos

Infinite Undiscovery

like what the fuck does that mean .. you're undiscovering shit infinitely?

Maybe my vote. Resonance of Fate's another candidate. Tri-ace's naming conventions are weird, man. Do they just pick cool-sounding English words from a box and mash them together?

Maybe one of those Neptunia games should win, but I also kind of group them with Disgaea where the title's trying to be ridiculous and so it doesn't count.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Surprised it wasn’t mentioned yet.

Lacrimosa's an uncommon word, but its use makes sense in context. Thank you, Jindo, my lord, for this wonderful and sad orchestral piece. And even if you don't know what it means, this title's not weird enough. There's only one word that raises an eyebrow.

Duchess

Back in 1998, I was in the shop in the UK, and a girl was standing with her boyfriend. He was browsing the PS1 games. She picked one up, studied it for a moment, and then, looking totally exasperated, said:

"Final Fantasy 7?! Jesus Christ, how many of these games have they made?!"

Top Bottom