• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mouse response time: Bluetooth vs. RF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_ZX

So I've finally got sick and tired of cleaning my mouse rollers. Time to get an optical cordless. I've actually been searching for a while though, hoping MS would come out with a decent mouse but I've been waiting in vain.

It's a shame too since I prefer MS' ergonomics and visual appeal much more than Logitech. Too bad they're too stupid to provide a charge cradle and extra buttons. I hate how the new scroll wheels don't click now too. Sucks that Logitech doesn't have tilt wheel technology though.

I'm mainly looking for a Bluetooth mouse (for range). I was stupid enough to rush out and buy a D-Link adapter when I got my Bluetooth enabled phone as I didn't realize they actually included a hub with the mice. Oh wells.

2716.jpg
+
2717.jpg
Versus
856.gif

The big concern here is response time. Any real world difference between the MX 900 vs. the 700 vs. corded?
My friend with the MX 700 says it's hard to make slight precise movements in games like Counter-strike. I've never had the chance to test them both in games but application use seemed just fine.

I've also been looking at this A4 Tech RP-680 mouse. It's cheap ($30 CDN) and the receiver is actually a charge station too. It looks like they used the same mold as the Logitech MXs but the buttons are slightly different. I'd go for this if it was a rebadge or offered equal performance.

RP-680-1B.gif
RP-680-7B.gif

fart

Savant
the only wireless input device i've ever used that was tolerable was the wavebird. no mouse or keyboard (ESPECIALLY keyboards... the worst) has been worth the tradeoffs.

if you can, stick to wires

Neo_ZX

I really want cordless though since I'm not a super heavy FPS player. If there was a truly noticable lag then I'd stick with corded. Just wanted to see the general consensus of the pickiest people on the internet.

golem

my mx700 works well for me, although it is a little heavy imo. its a great mouse, but theres nothing worse than running low on charge int he middle of gaming. i think i get about 5 hours of constant gaming (mmo) on a full charge.

fart

Savant
pickiest fart on the planet says stick with cords.

i'm not a big gamer either (duh) but i can't stand the input errors - they're unacceptable for everything but very casual office use

El Papa

I love my MX700. I onle have problems with the battery if I forget to charge it for 3 days. I don't mind the weight at all. I have a func pad with slick tape on the mouse feet, feels almost like ice. I will never go back to corded mice.

Phoenix

I have tried them all and hated them all. I would say stick with wires and if you ARE still going to get one I've found the Logitech models to be better performing with respect to response time. A huge part of the problem is that these devices go into 'mini sleep' in order to conserve battery life and coming out of that mini sleep gives bizzaro input errors and delays.

IMO, a wired solution is still the best and should only be dumped in those situations where wires are impractical.... just like 802.11x.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I have the RF logitech one. Works perfectly and I game a lot. I always forget to put the thing on the charger though. No lag whatsoever.

nitewulf

stick with the cords, all the chargers, batteries add up eventually, it becomes annoying to swap them or charge...whats a few wires to avoid all that toruble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom