• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MOVE YOUR SLOW MONKEY ASS PS2

Well i dont know what do you mean those two lines quote but i've been playing day of the tentacle cd with suummvm and it works wonderful....

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Bluemercury said:
Well i dont know what do you mean those two lines quote but i've been playing day of the tentacle cd with suummvm and it works wonderful....

I know it does, I have been using ScummVM 0.4.x and 0.5.x with PS2Linux, but this version is taking forever to compile.

By the way whats the difference beetween monkey island vga cd and alternate cd versions?i have a cd version of monkey island but the audio music isnt working, its a copy of the original of a friend of mine but i dont if he managed to play the game with music...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
There are VGA and EGA or some other graphics standard versions, ScummVM supports well only the VGA version IIRC.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Bluemercury said:
By the way whats the difference beetween monkey island vga cd and alternate cd versions?i have a cd version of monkey island but the audio music isnt working, its a copy of the original of a friend of mine but i dont if he managed to play the game with music...

Try it with this running:

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/

If it does not work then rip the music tracks to mp3 and then put them on the hdd and download ScummVM.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Pana, there exists a 0.51 SCUMMVM for PS2, and I was testing it just the other day. It works perfectly, actually, but The Dig, Full Throttle and COMI do not work. Others that I tried, like MI 1&2, Sam & Max, Tentacle, Atlantis - did work, with voices at that.

However, the version that I'm using does not have HQ2X option.

Panajev2001a said:
There are VGA and EGA or some other graphics standard versions, ScummVM supports well only the VGA version IIRC.

The Secret of Monkey Island (VGA CD) 5 monkey 95%
The Secret of Monkey Island (Alternative VGA CD) 5 monkey1 95%

They're both vga ones......

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Marconelly said:
Pana, there exists a 0.51 SCUMMVM for PS2, and I was testing it just the other day. It works perfectly, actually, but The Dig, Full Throttle and COMI do not work. Others that I tried, like MI 1&2, Sam & Max, Tentacle, Atlantis - did work, with voices at that.

However, the version that I'm using does not have HQ2X option.

I already have the 0.5.1 version ;).

Well, I already have the 0.5.1 version compiled from the source code :).

I do not think there is one with custom back-end.

CrunchyB

Setting up a cross-compiler is probably too much of a hassle, right?

Then again, I doubt it'll take longer than 22 hours :p

jett

D-Member
Is there anything similiar to ScummVM for old Sierra games? Trying to run KQ5 is a fucking bitch.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
CrunchyB said:
Setting up a cross-compiler is probably too much of a hassle, right?

http://playstation2-linux.com/projects/cfyc/

Actually there are pre-compiled cross-compilers here, it's just that I never used them much before aside from Dreamcast and GBA development (I used them especially for GBA development).

One side of me did not want to bother installing Cygwin again: space hog ;).

The other side of me trusted the PlayStation 2 would not take this long :(.

jett

D-Member
Thanks Marconelly. It seems it only runs the first version of SCI(really old games), though. Oh well. :p

CrunchyB

Panajev,

you can boot a fully-functional Knoppix distro from CD to do your cross-compiling work. You don't even need a HD, although it'd be handy to store the compiled binaries somewhere ;)

Or the GP32 version

Or the DS version (soon, I hope), with stylus :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Thanks Marconelly. It seems it only runs the first version of SCI(really old games), though. Oh well. :p
It runs King's Quest 5, which is what you were asking for :p

Or the DS version (soon, I hope), with stylus
Just get the damn Pocket PC already people :) SCUMMVM rocks with the stylus, plus you actually can play it in the resolution the original games were made for - and with voices at that.

SCUMMVM on PS2 rocks too, btw. Very nice analog stick support.

Top Bottom