• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bowie

I saw two fantastic movies this evening!

1. Guzo

It's a movie about a Yakuza that's going insane and his best friend who has to take him to his death. The crazy Yakuza runs off, and it's the sane one's job to find him. Plot having been summarized, let me say this: This movie is FUCKING insane. This movie contains the following:

A man with a cow's head in his underwear dripping what appears to be milk from his mouth. A woman that shoots milk out of her nipples and sells it to children. A woman claiming to be a man. That same woman giving birth to a fully grown Yakuza member. Yakuza body removers that press and dry-clean the skins of the people they crush. A sexually addicted Yakuza boss that cannot get it up unless he has a metal ladle firmly lodged in his anus. And a crossdressing cook that enjoys eavesdropping.

This is truly the greatest WTF movie ever made. From the minute it starts with a man killing a chihuaha for being an undercover Yakuza attack dog, to it's insane ending, this is true brilliance in film making. 9/10.

2. Control Room.

A documentary that focuses in on Al-Jazeerah's broadcasting during the war in Iraq, the same network Bush called "The mouthpiece of Osama bin Laden." During the war, A-J showed everything they could of the war, from casualties to riots to gunfire, to a deliberately aimed attack on A-J's broadcasting station in Baghdad. By a jet plane. With 5 missiles.

An excerpt: You know when the Iraqis tore down the Saddam Hussein statue? Those weren't Iraqis. They were an U.S. allies dressed in rags, brought in by U.S. tanks and APCs to tear down the statue. But nobody ever saw the images of them being brought in. All of the TV stations in town, Al-Jazeerah and Abu Dabbi were taken out by "misplaced rockets". The news director for A-J said that he had lived in Iraq all his life, and what they were shouting was in a totally different dialect. A dialect that was not from Iraq.

This is a must see for anyone interested in the war, politics, or broadcasting. 10/10.

I caught both of these movies in New York- I'm not sure if they are playing elsewhere, but if you get a chance, I wholeheartedly recommend seeing these movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom