• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MP2: Echoes Advertising Websites - "All Your Bees Are Belong To Us"

The world of online marketing has taken another surreal turn today, as Nintendo has created a vast array of websites to promote the upcoming Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The addresses www.channel51.org and www.orbislabs.com had already been set up as fake websites, designed in a similar manner to Halo 2’s www.ilovebees.com ; but seemingly, those cunning marketing folk have decided that what had been done so far wasn’t sufficiently obvious in its Halo 2 poking ways.

So, in case there was any doubt, the following websites have all been snapped up to carry Metroid Prime 2 advertising. They are all identical, featuring an image of Samus, and the faux-mistranslated strap-line “ALL YOUR BEES ARE BELONG TO US. NEVER SEND A MAN TO DO A WOMAN’S JOB.” But, if you don’t believe us, feel free to check each and every one out for youself... and then, for the punchline, have a gander at www.metroidprime2.com and realise there's nothing there. It's a strange world.

www.ilovewheeze.com
www.iloveseas.com
www.ilovelees.com
www.ilovesqueeze.com
www.ilovepeas.com
www.ilovesprees.com
www.iloveescapees.com
www.iloveflees.com
www.ilovecreamcheese.com
www.ilovejeez.com
www.ilovecapris.com
www.ilovebeams.com
www.ilovebeets.com
www.ilovebeasts.com
www.ilovevees.com
www.ilovebeaks.com
www.iloveskis.com
www.ilovekeys.com
www.iloveknees.com
www.ilovegees.com
www.ilovecees.com
www.ilovehees.com
www.ilovebeeps.com
www.ilovesneeze.com
www.ilovetease.com
www.ilovefees.com
www.ilovenees.com
www.iloveease.com
www.iloveplease.com
www.ilovedisease.com
www.ilovebreeze.com
www.ilovetrapeze.com

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well, 2advanced will give them cool looking web design, that's for sure. I don't know if they're any good in marketing, though. This idea about mocking Halo 2 seems pretty meh, IMO.

Tritroid

What's the point of this?

It's not like there going to get any of these ads across because how many people are actually going to stumble upon these sites?

bitwise

Banned
err, thats nice, i guess

they should concentrate on a decent commercial for the game instead of .. whatever they are trying to do here

Redbeard

Banned
Meh.

The least they could've done is tie in the light/dark worlds or do something to make it more than just a weak jab.

If nothing else, Bungie's campaign was interesting for fans.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I think it's amusing. And those of you thinking that none of this is going to have an impact are sorta forgetting that we're here discussing on this moderately big message board, and the same thing is likely happening elsewhere. The campaign won't have the impact that ilovebees did, but then... MP2 won't have the impact of Halo 2.

Top Bottom