• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Mr. Show with Bob and David' cast is teasing something new for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Mr-Show-May-Returning-Here-Details-69222.html

Who’s all in this gang? Well, that’s the top half of Tompkins’ head at the bottom; and going clockwise, we have Scott Aukerman, Jay Johnston, Eric Hoffman, Bill Odenkirk, Brian Posehn, Bob Odenkirk and David Cross. All of these comedic geniuses served as writers on the influential sketch series, some more than others, and it would be fucking incredible to have them all put together something new for Mr. Show, although I have no idea what would be the best route for the project. A stage show for HBO, or even Netflix? I’ll take anything, really.

The one thing that trips me up here is, despite the “#MrShow” there, he just mentions “something new from the Mr. Show gang,” which doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll actually be tethered to the show. I believe this would count as “mentally brutalizing me” if it turns out they’re just all writing a weird throwaway gag on Odenkirk’s upcoming AMC series Better Call Saul. (But I’d still take it.)

Talks of a Mr. Show reunion also started up last year, when Cross and Odenkirk released the book Hollywood Said No! in September 2013, which culled together some screenplays for their unproduced movies. (The audiobook version even had cast readings!) But this would likely be the first time all of these guys got together in many years. And Taint nothing wrong with that.

http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-whats-mr-show-reunion-photo-making-rounds-213441

So just what are these people doing together, and why is Tompkins teasing us? Turns out they don’t exactly know themselves—we e-mailed Cross, who said, “Well I suppose you could say we were all meeting in anticipation of being able to do (something?) to mark the twentieth anniversary of Mr. Show? I suppose that works. It was the first time we’ve all been together in a room since the audio record for Hollywood Said No and it was a blast.” So there you have it. Here’s some speculation instead: A big, one-off live performance which will be filmed for HBO. Pictured below and above, clockwise from bottom: Paul F. Tompkins, Scott Aukerman, Jay Johnston, Eric Hoffman, Bill Odenkirk, Brian Posehn, Bob Odenkirk, David Cross.

I'm down for whatever. Hopefully they can get Tom Kenny and Jill back, maybe even throw in some Jack Black and Sarah Silverman cameos.

wondermega

I saw Bob Oedenkirk at Target about 6 months ago. Something about him trying to tell the sales associate what kind of kitchen appliance he wanted to buy was very hilarious to me.

Oh hell yeah. I'd love for these guys to get back together and show the imitators how comedy is done.

Maybe imitators is too harsh a word. But you know what I mean.

Oh hell yeah. I'd love for these guys to get back together and show the imitators how comedy is done.

Maybe imitators is too harsh a word. But you know what I mean.

How their skits blended probably influenced Too Many Cooks, the comedy hit of last year.

For me and my best friends, Mr Show is GOAT. Looking forward to them doing anything.

Oh, shit. I would love that. I think one of the reasons I'm most excited for Better Call Saul is because I want David Cross to make a cameo as another lawyer.

If this does not come to pass:

mr-show-coupon-the-movie-scream-o.gif

Why are there no good GIFs of this show?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I saw the live show that Bob, David and Brian did in fall 2013 on the mini-tour they went on to promote Hollywood Said No. It sucked. It was genuinely one of biggest entertainment-related disappoints of my life; I don't think I laughed even once.

Hopefully whatever they do this time around is much, much better than that.

ElTopo

Banned
I love the show but I think seasons 1 and 2 aren't too great aside from a few odd sketches. Seasons 3 and 4 are fucking amazing though.

ElTopo

Banned
But I want to go make sperm!

But Bob, we don't need it.

IT'S NOT FOR YOU! I like to masturbate into a cup when people are waiting for pies to cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom