• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muahaha! Sudeki 2 is coming!

u_neek

Climax is one of the largest and most respected independent game developers in the world, employing nearly 400 highly talented game creators at its six studio locations in America and Europe.

Climax is developing a wide range of games for leading publishers including: Codename Avalon, ATV Fury III, Sudeki 2, Moto-GP 3, The Final Option, Hot Wheels, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Tron 2.0, Dragon Wars and other exciting projects yet to be announced.

Our core technology group (CTG) continues to push the middleware envelope delivering fully independent, proprietary technology solutions for all current and next-generation platforms.

To power our global expansion we are founding a Business Development team at our Los Angeles HQ. This elite team will support our valued Publishing Partners to ensure every game we produce attains it's full potential.

The new team will operate from our Los Angeles headquarters and be headed by a Vice President of Business Devlopment who will construct and manage a crack squad of Business Development Directors, each of whom will be responsible for developing new business with several key Climax partners. We are currently recruiting for both the VP and Director positions.

The successful applicants will: be highly intelligent and creative; be exceptionally knowledgeable about the games industry and game deal formation; will have outstanding communication, presentation and human relations skills.

http://www.climaxgroup.com/jobs/jobs.aspx?ArticleID=478

Hopefully it's for Xbox 2...

siege

Banned
Ugh, can't say I'm looking forward to a Sudeki sequel, but maybe it will end up being alot better after getting some experience making ARPG's with the original.

ChrisReid

I'd didn't realize they were so multiplatform, yet had publishing arrangements with Microsoft for Sudeki and Sony for ATV.

AniHawk

Meanwhile...

panzer_dragoon_saga2.jpg

nights.jpg

Subitai

ChrisReid said:
I'd didn't realize they were so multiplatform, yet had publishing arrangements with Microsoft for Sudeki and Sony for ATV.
Of course buddy. ;)

Anyway, I'm pleased with this. Hopefully Climax will learn from all the criticism they're getting.

u_neek

Subitai said:
Of course buddy. ;)

Anyway, I'm pleased with this. Hopefully Climax will learn from all the criticism they're getting.

... and at least hire a decent voice cast...

segasonic

Fleming said:
............... ;) :D

AWARD-WINNING TEAM TURNS ITS ATTENTION TO NEXT GENERATION CONSOLES!
Climax's Brighton Studio Embarks On Ambitious New Project!

Los Angeles, CA – Dec 9th, 2003: Climax, one of the worlds most ambitious and progressive independent developers, today confirmed that work is well underway on its premiere next generation game.

Developed under the codename Avalon, this impressive new game is to be produced at the company's celebrated Brighton Studio and will debut on the eagerly-awaited PlayStation 3 and Xbox 2.

Famed for its work on the hit racers MotoGP and MotoGP 2, the Brighton studio was the first choice among Climax's many studios for this exciting project. Its experience with vehicle-based games made it the natural home for the game, which will see the studio branch out to include land, sea and air vehicles.

Designed and developed by some of the brightest minds in the Brighton studio, including members of the award-winning MotoGP team, Avalon will boast groundbreaking graphics, sensational sound and the gripping gameplay now expected of all Climax-developed games. Enhancing the superior technology of the next generation consoles and the power of the Blimey 2 engine, the game is already at a remarkably advanced stage of development with a fully playable online prototype housed at the Brighton office.

"This is an exciting, bold stride forward for Climax" enthused Climax's Head Of Brighton Studio Tony Beckwith. "The fact that we're one of the first independent companies to start work on a next generation project reaffirms our commitment to remaining among the development elite."

Tony continued: "Thanks to the Blimey 2 engine, we're way ahead of the curve in the next generation arena. There has been significant interest from publishers already and we are going to take our time to select the right publishing partner for this incredibly exciting game." Any interested publishers should call Tony on +44 (0) 1273 740800.

:)

bloke

Let's wait for sales numbers first. Kinda doubt MS will be bothering with sequel if the game bombs commercially.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
bloke said:
Let's wait for sales numbers first. Kinda doubt MS will be bothering with sequel if the game bombs commercially.

Well it's definitely signed. I think they signed it so they can implement multiplayer on Live like they were supposed to originally.

IgeL

Well this isn't an official confirmation yet... but HELL YEAH!

I'm *this close* to beating the game (lost the last boss fight once already - now I'm gonna go update my runes and find some more orbs). I'd love to play a sequel. There are sooo many things that could be done better, but the basic concept works and it's way fun already, imho.

Avalon sounds cool too.

signet

It is only 20-hrs long, once one acclimates to the character art (the rest of the game is great looking) it really starts to click together.

signet

i·ro·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-n, r-)
n. pl. i·ro·nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
Dramatic irony.
Socratic irony.

IgeL

The 60 hour remark came from olimario's love for Kirby Air Ride, right?

Finished Sudeki 5 mins ago... very, very lame ending. The cutscenes definitely got better in the end but the last one left a sour taste in my mouth. A little more effort next time, please!

The game clock says 24:49, so it took me around 25 hours to beat it. I admittedly took my time exploring the world and doing the sidequests (only missed the Eden Coral one, I think).

It's kinda funny that there's a Otogi love thread, and yet people bash Sudeki to no end. No offense to Otogi (completed it, and somewhat liked it) but really, it's funny how it's always either love or pure hate towards a single game on the boards.

bloke said:

I'm pretty sure Microsoft knows how many copies they shipped and if they've had to fill any reorders. NPD's important, but not for a company to know how many games THEY sold. It's important for them to know how many the other guys sold.

belgurdo

Banned
IgeL said:
it's funny how it's always either love or pure hate towards a single game on the boards.

I noticed that a lot too. I always wondered why there's usually no middle ground or "it has faults, but it plays good enough" when dealing with games here. They can't ALL be blockbusters

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Almost done with the game and can't get over the fact
YOUR CLONES HAVE TEXAN ACCENTS!
. That's just... wrong.

jarrod

Banned
bloke said:
Well, MS doesn't have to be the only one to potentially pick up Sudeki 2. Nightcaster 2 got picked up by Jaleco/PCCJW...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
u_neek said:
Climax is one of the largest and most respected independent game developers in the world, employing nearly 400 highly talented game creators at its six studio locations in America and Europe.

What did they do to earn the title "one of the most respected independent game developers in the world"?

jarrod

Banned
Kiriku said:
What did they do to earn the title "one of the most respected independent game developers in the world"?
They hired most of the Crawfish guys after their company went down... and SFA3Upper GBA was a respectable port. :)

u_neek

Agent Dormer said:
Almost done with the game and can't get over the fact
YOUR CLONES HAVE TEXAN ACCENTS!
. That's just... wrong.

Phew, thought you were gonna tell us that Buki's really a man.
Cause then Miriam's docters are teh owned..

ep06003.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Kiriku said:

Well its not like theres that many independant ones left. Plus MotoGP rocks.

I just wish developers would concentrate on getting one game good instead of "making up" for a half-assed game with a shitty sequel.

Fjord

IgeL said:
Well this isn't an official confirmation yet... but HELL YEAH!

I'm *this close* to beating the game (lost the last boss fight once already - now I'm gonna go update my runes and find some more orbs). I'd love to play a sequel. There are sooo many things that could be done better, but the basic concept works and it's way fun already, imho.

Avalon sounds cool too.

TAAAAAAAAALOOOOOS!

You know Sudeki has some great ideas, its good mix of PSO and Zelda. It just isn't quite fun enough in a few areas, I think a sequel would be super.

Top Bottom