• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My goodness...the Klipsch 2.1 speakers rock hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight while playing Tribes 2 over teamspeak a friend put his mic up to his Klipsch 2.1 speakers so I could hear them. Even over the shitty mic's and speakers I have, I was blown away at what I heard. The weapons had sounds I had enever heard before, depth in voices that wasn't there, and sounds that never even seemed to exist.

I had planned on buying the Logitech 2.1's (forget the full name, logi's best 2.1's). But damn, after hearing the Klipsch I am basically sold.

nitewulf

oh, the ugly ones, im sure they are great too! ;)

B0000AE82C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Otaking

I love my Klipsch 5.1 system. Best graduation gift from my brother. Playing games and watching movies has never been better. It's submersive surround sound. *hugs system*

Ehh, I wouldn't judge what speakers sound like over someone's mic, through the internet, compressed, and through your speakers.

I don't know how someone else's speakers could sound better on your speakers, than your speakers could sound on... well... your speakers.

Klipsch is overpriced IMO. Nice speakers, but the higher-end logitechs sound better, and are less expensive comparatively.

Error, when he let me hear it I heard so much shit I've never heard before.

The shocklance. With my speakers, its a simple "ding" when fired and then you hear a light powerup. When I heard his system, it sounded like a heavy duty bolt was being fire and reloaded.

Footsteps were better, I could hear his feet against the dirt.

I heard the hum of a forcefield that I've never ever heard before.

Jetpack and inventory sounded much meatier.

Voices had more depth.

Your right, the whole sound was muffled by the voice compression of mic to speaker audio...but the differences I heard were remarkable.

I've seen people say the Loitech Z-2200's are better, but I've also seen people say the Klipsch are better. The Klpisch are only $40 or so more right now, so I'm strongly considering them.

I've got the "ugly" Klipsch 2.1s, and they do indeed sound spectacular. When I got them at CompUSA, I had intended to get 4.1s or 5.1s, but the sound on these just blew everything else away. Admittedly, that was a couple of years ago, and it seems like the competition has gotten better, but these speakers are mighty fine.

You might consider going to a store and comparing them if you have a hard time deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom