• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My laptop is asking for files from a disc when i install drivers

IMACOMPUTA

When i try to install or uninstall the mobile broadband driver for my alienware m11x windows says i need a disk that contains files..

Why is it doing this? it seems like it's an error.. why would i need a disc for an uninstall?

Can anyone help ?

IMACOMPUTA

No, it's when i try to install/uninstall the program to use my mobile broadband card.

The problem:

I had it installed and working fine. My brother had a virgin mobile broadband2go thing and wanted to see how it worked, so i installed it on here.
It used the same program as the onboard wwan that i had been using and ever since then I get a C++ runtime error whenever i try to use the program.

I'm trying to reinstall the program, but it keeps asking for a disc that contains files... it does the same thing when I'm trying to uninstall it.

Also, i don't know why, but ever since i did that with the virgin mobile card, my wifi connections list says "verizon wireless" under my mobile connections, and i do not know how to get rid of this, as I normally connect to AT&T.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Get the drivers from online, and point Windows toward those when you attempt to uninstall and it asks for the disc? *shrug*

Sounds like your brothers stuff uninstalled some stuff your driver needed and fucked up your shit.

IMACOMPUTA

TheSeks said:
Get the drivers from online, and point Windows toward those when you attempt to uninstall and it asks for the disc? *shrug*

Sounds like your brothers stuff uninstalled some stuff your driver needed and fucked up your shit.

I can't do that, because it will only let me select a .msi file...

And did i post this in community? oops.. :(

Top Bottom