• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Life by Bill Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many of you are going to buy this book? I'll probably pick it up, but right now I'm broke so it's going to have to wait for a while. Also, I'm not too keen on reading 900+ pages in interim what with school and all.

Anybody read up to now? Any good tidbits?

explodet

I haven't read the book, but I did read a preview about how Bill was banished to the White House couch after admitting his affair.

I found that imagery amusing.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I had planned to get it, but the New York Times had a scathing review yesterday. Said it was "eye-crossingly dull."

NY Times is probably pissed that the Big Dog slammed the Times in their coverage of the Whitewater much-ado-about-nothing.

The Times reviewer failed to mention the chides Clinton penned in their review, which was somewhat unprofressional. Even with the potential bias in that review, I can see a lot of the complaints in it being reasonable-Clinton is notoriously longwinded and rambling.

I wouldn't jut make a judgement about the book from the NYT. Factor in some other (respectable) sources as well.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've heard if from other sources too. Joe Klein said the last half of the book was obviously rushed and reads like a diary, but that the first part, which deals with Arkansas, was good. David Maraniss's biography is excellent, y'all should read that instead.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Guileless said:
I've heard if from other sources too. Joe Klein said the last half of the book was obviously rushed and reads like a diary, but that the first part, which deals with Arkansas, was good. David Maraniss's biography is excellent, y'all should read that instead.
Oh haha no I wasn't implying anything serious. Just that all this ballyhoo about bias gets lost when a report/review doesn't line up with the "company stance".

I don't really doubt that the reviewer found it boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom