• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

Captain Fish said:
He also sees wings where there are none.
Her wings faded and vanished from lack of use. Combined with her lack of a Cutie Mark, the Alternate Future CMC eventually decided that the best thing for Alternate Future Scootaloo would be for her to go back in time and worship Best Pony more diligently.

Scientific proof that not only is time travel possible (as if Dr Whoof wasn't enough proof), but that an Earth Pony can aspire to become a Pegasus/Unicorn, and a Pegasus/Unicorn can aspire to become a Princess.

Neki

Pancakes said:
What!? No!

4mmR4.png

Where have you been? :p

haven't browsed the thread in a while, the lack of real pony news has dampened my excitement. back to video games!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2th said:
she is in the background so her colors wouldnt be so vibrant. but that is Adult Earth Pony Scootaloo!
deffo colourblind. >_>

there are two other ponies there that have been in the foreground, they didn't change colour. >_>

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Equestria Daily just posted fan translations of some official German comics. These things are terrifying. From what I understand, these comics are implying that outside of Equestria, there are only earth ponies. Since I know some Ponygaffers live in Germany, have you seen these before?

The horror, the horror!
I4Amz.png
rYoyh.png

You go out and make something cool that doesn't treat its audience like fuckwads, and then it's spun off into other mediums and made to represent everything you were fighting against.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know guys, I think they got Spike nailed... besides the static poses that is.

I can't wait for the next batch of these comics, they are hilarious.

These comics are dope. I don't know if it's the simple writing or the translation, but I'm laughing a lot (at them not with them). The first panel of this one got me pretty good. Then there's the strange apple cookies comic, which has a hilarious premise. My favorite part is probably Spike eating the muffin between frames because he never opens his mouth. It reminds me of that one Dr. McNinja joke.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Quinnjaminn said:
If you're interested, there's another set of these comics that was posted 2 months ago. The low quality of these just baffles me. It's not like they were just lazy and tossed together a story in a couple of minutes; this had to be intentional. They're purposely talking down to their audience, which is quite sad.

You still have to keep in mind that this is MY LITTLE PONY.

This franchise has a hell of a history of vapidness and terribleness that can't be ignored. Hasbro still hasn't gotten around to really coming out with some quality pieces of merchandise, and there's still going to be the whiffs of their old thinking in how this show can/should only appeal to little girls.

Narag

I thought the comics were cute like something one might find in a licensed Archie (publisher, not the character!) comic way back when.

Ellis Kim

Banned
The comics reminded me of shitty comics you'd find in stuff like that Disney Adventure magazine they used to sell that just pander to their audience in the worst way possible.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
ZealousD said:
You still have to keep in mind that this is MY LITTLE PONY.

This franchise has a hell of a history of vapidness and terribleness that can't be ignored. Hasbro still hasn't gotten around to really coming out with some quality pieces of merchandise, and there's still going to be the whiffs of their old thinking in how this show can/should only appeal to little girls.
That's true. Despite Studio B's fantastic handling of the brand, it hasn't changed much in the eyes of Hasbro.

Orcastar

Quinnjaminn said:
That's true. Despite Studio B's fantastic handling of the brand, it hasn't changed much in the eyes of Hasbro.

Sad, but true. While FiM is pretty much solely responsible for the current revival of the franchise, Hasbro only views it as one part of it and is reluctant take the same risks with comics, toys and oher products. Maybe this will change eventually if FiM continues to go strong for several seasons, but it's still a bit of a long shot.

Quinnjaminn said:

I just hope when Hasbro wants to make "G5" ponies, the studio and crew that make the accompanying series can take what made FIM so good and enjoyable and still make a worthwhile show. I'd totally give it a fair shot.

If there's a G5, I hope they still give them streamlined looks, because frankly, pre-FiM ponies look awfully creepy. It really baffles me how children find them cute.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Dear Princess Celestia,

This week I learned that acting too much, and going too far, on your eagerness to find and hold on to new friends, can be just as sad and pitiful as having no friends at all; And that it is all too easy to let your fears of inadequacy send you down a road of underhanded, calculating and shameful behavior, as you use every trick in your book to get people to respect you, admire you and like you for something that you are not.

If you dive too deep into this abyss, don't be surprised if, when you finally tell the truth to your "friends" and apologize for your trickery, they refuse to take you back, having lost their trust in you and thinking that, once again, you're just trying to manipulate them into feeling pity for you.

One must, however, try to make amends and hope for the best.

Your faithful student,
Myke Greywolf

OMG Aero

Quinnjaminn said:
If you're interested, there's another set of these comics that was posted 2 months ago. The low quality of these just baffles me. It's not like they were just lazy and tossed together a story in a couple of minutes; this had to be intentional. They're purposely talking down to their audience, which is quite sad.
I like that the first comic is essentially about Pinkie putting drugs in her cookies (Which she is going to give to the judges to "have a super-special effect" on them) and everyone is completely okay with that.

Myke Greywolf said:
Dear Princess Celestia,

This week I learned that acting too much, and going too far, on your eagerness to find and hold on to new friends, can be just as sad and pitiful as having no friends at all; And that it is all too easy to let your fears of inadequacy send you down a road of underhanded, calculating and shameful behavior, as you use every trick in your book to get people to respect you, admire you and like you for something that you are not.

If you dive too deep into this abyss, don't be surprised if, when you finally tell the truth to your "friends" and apologize for your trickery, they refuse to take you back, having lost their trust in you and thinking that, once again, you're just trying to manipulate them into feeling pity for you.

Your faithful student,
Myke Greywolf
Wait what?

Jintor

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learnt that driving tests are hard. Like, really hard. Like, you screw up one time, one friggin time, and you fail hard. I mean, I guess it's only fair, you are controlling a huge hunk of metal hurtling around other hunks of metal at speeds of upwards of 50 kilometers an hour. I guess they have a right to be strict about driving regulations and the types of people who can drive unsupervised. But that doesn't make it any cooler.

Your faithful but slightly depressed student.
Jintor.

PS Actually that was yesterday. Today I went to Konami and played El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron a month before everybody else.

I took my test in a fairly rural area, so there was nothing at all demanding. Go onto a road, turn a couple of times, park. That's about it. Though I am the only person in my generation of the family to pass it in one go.

Nishastra

Banned
I hardly even remember my actual test. I remember the written part more than the actual driving.

My drivers ed teacher in high school was an ex-marine hardass, so no real test could be as stressful as his :p

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
tiff said:
I made quite a few mistakes on my driving test and instructor still let me pass *shrugs shoulders*

Depends largely on the mistake in some areas. For Maryland, stopping the car on top of or beyond the stop sign line is an insta-fail.

I know... because it happened to me :(

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I passed a flying test last week, and then got to fly an airplane solo, I laugh at driving tests :)

Good luck on your test.

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
I hardly even remember my actual test. I remember the written part more than the actual driving.
Yeah, I failed the written part the first time around because I forgot what a yield sign looked like, despite there being one on my block
ye7J2.gif

ahoyhoy said:
Depends largely on the mistake in some areas. For Maryland, stopping the car on top of or beyond the stop sign line is an insta-fail.

I know... because it happened to me :(
Yeah, mine were a bunch of apparently piddly shit like not checking my blind spot when going into a turn lane and "hey you should watch your speed" and "we're on a highway, you can go faster than 40" and the most hilarious parallel parking attempt ever.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Failed my first driving test. Speeding in a neighborhood. Was doing the test in an unfamiliar suburb where the speed limit was 20mph instead of the 25mph I was accustomed to.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
I passed a flying test last week, and then got to fly an airplane solo, I laugh at driving tests :)

Good luck on your test.

Wow. Nice work man!

How long have you been working towards getting your wings?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ahoyhoy said:
Wow. Nice work man!

How long have you been working towards getting your wings?
This was just the first solo. Took about 3.5 months.

And now you know why I like Rainbow Dash and pegasus ponies so much.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
This was just the first solo. Took about 3.5 months.

No wonder you're so biased towards pegasus ponies.

Congrats!

Edit: Stop that stealth editing you!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
DrForester said:

Good luck on your test.
Oh wow, I think I remember Mazeedi having flying lessons too! So many crack pilots.

DrForester said:

Good luck on your test.
Congrats Forester. A friend of mine did his solo flight around the same time.
I only have two and a half hours of flight experience, and still think I'm ready to fly solo :p

Myke Greywolf said:
Dear Princess Celestia,

Your faithful student,
Myke Greywolf

I guess I wasn't around for most of what precipitated this, but I can't see why you're so down on yourself. You're that cool guy wot with the tolerance and cool fan projects and convention organizing. We like you here =) No more self-loathing!

McNum

Uh, Panda, you might want to not post that. AdBlock is frowned upon on NeoGAF. As in "posting an image showing you have AdBlock enabled on NeoGAF is bannable." Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom