• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My most anticipated upcoming roller coaster ever

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
say hello to the SKYRSCRAPER

article-2653774-1EA1233A00000578-760_634x411.jpg

Skyscraper is an upcoming roller coaster that will be located at the planned Skyplex complex in Orlando, Florida. Under development by American and Swiss manufacturers US Thrill Rides and Intamin, the attraction will be a Polercoaster model which utilizes an observation tower as its main support structure. After several delays, Skyscraper is expected to open in 2020 with construction on the Skyplex complex beginning in 2017. Upon completion, it will become the tallest roller coaster in the world at over 500 feet (150 m) and will feature both the steepest drop and highest inversion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper_(roller_coaster)

probably the most anticipated coaster for many others in a long time

It looks awesome. I've been hearing about it for a long time.

If Magic Mountain announces a Giga for its 20th coaster, that will be my most anticipated, as I don't get to Orlando as often.

jadedm17

This arms races for intensity is ridiculous, I'd much rather ride anything at Busch Gardens in Tampa over half the nonsense coming out.

That said this looks damn unique, unlike things like Kingda Ka which is simply "Hey look how tall and fast we are"; So yea I'm intrigued OP.

I_D

ride looks like trash son

Part of me likes the beginner-level coasters because you get to watch the area around you and see it from a very-fast perspective while not driving, thus no fear of crashing into something as you sight-see.

The other part of me says there's no point in riding a roller coaster if you aren't on the verge of puking/blacking out around every turn.

Part of me likes the beginner-level coasters because you get to watch the area around you and see it from a very-fast perspective while not driving, thus no fear of crashing into something as you sight-see.

The other part of me says there's no point in riding a roller coaster if you aren't on the verge of puking/blacking out around every turn.

yeah i definitely have to go big or go home mentality when it comes to coasters. the only thing i hate about the faster rides is good lord those things hurt like they really slam you around

lil puff

Love coasters, as long as they aren't rickety.

Would ride.

(I'd ride Kingda Ka too though.)
Don't go to Coney Island!

There also used to be a place called Wild World, the coaster (I think) was one of the only all wood coasters.

But this thing in the OP? I have always loved roller coasters, but I felt dizzy and nausea just looking at the photo. Talk about cleanup on aisle 3.

Ok the very first parts look really intense. But the intensity drops off really quickly. Its probably due to the fact that they are really limited by space.

They should have made this a 3d rollercoaster instead. Where the seats can rotate. That would make the middle part more interesting

Top Bottom