• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My PS5 died what now.

First thread I think, at least first serious one... I tend to do bad socially even in online set up so I apologize if I have already committed any gaffes. Very high too in case that matters/against the rules.

My beloved launched PS5 died... dropped like 800 for it at launch because of cam and shitty bluetooth headset that broke real fast. Also got PSVR2(might give away to any carer since I don't want to haggle if I sell)

Sony asking for like 250; no matter what its been for me before; right this second all it is is a machine that runs Efootball better than the Mac can though wine... So not woth the replacement out of warranty cost....

My library is massive(like every VR game bough and ps plus free games were already obsolete... but I only worry about the billions I have in POE MTX and POE 2... I need new MTX anyway and POE economy on PS5 is mental suicide anyway; might resurect on mac If it runs

Truth is pain so hard lost my head, also lost switch this week... I am scared... should I spent the repair money on a steam deck or other PC option? I miss modding so much.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Get High Last Man Standing GIF by Laff

In all seriousness OP, that really sucks. You really don't hear about PS5's dying that much. You said it died but i wasn't able to understand what's wrong with it specifically (if you said so in your weed salad up there).

GHG

Gold Member
How much are you willing to spend?

That will determine whether or not it will be worth you getting a PC.

But regardless, I'd say a Steam deck is a no brainier if you're going to predominantly play it as a handheld. If you're going to want to hook it up to a screen then I'd just say get a proper gaming PC.

Why would you announce that you're high if you thought it might be against the rules? lol
not ethical ones; but the invisible social ones I ten to trip over so often... really wish the solution was to go out and enjoy life... a guy said something to me yesterday and I could not get the answer out of my mouth... not weed related... was born like this, weed is recent

Fabieter

We are close to pro and switch 2.

Do you have any windows pc already and could you upgrade?

I can't imagine the Deck having much time left before it gets a successor so i would wait on that.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
not ethical ones; but the invisible social ones I ten to trip over so often... really wish the solution was to go out and enjoy life... a guy said something to me yesterday and I could not get the answer out of my mouth... not weed related... was born like this, weed is recent

Wish you the best

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had my launch PS5 fail to boot, it started about 3 days after the warranty expired. Same story, Sony wanted $250 to repair.

I ended up opening it up (because the warranty was obviously already voided) and was able to unsolder / resolder some joints that were bad. Been working fine ever since.

So if you know someone that can do electronics repair, might be worth giving them a call. Maybe offer to share your weed with them if they can fix it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
If you give me your PSVR2, I’ll perform the eulogy for your PS5.

Starz Funeral GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

Skyfox

Sorry bro! That is brutal timing. It’s a bad time to buy a new console.

I’d try to get it fixed at a local phone/console repair place.

🙏 I wish you great success getting your PlayStation fun back.

Edit: I tried to make an AI picture for you to feel better ⤵️

3Tte6io.jpeg

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If you can use the same account for POE on PS5 and on PC, just get a decent PC and call it a day.

Just wait a few months for the better model. I advise you to order it as soon as possible. In the meantine you could spend the (end of the) summer doing outdoors activities with friends / family.

Last edited:
Top Bottom