• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MY REVIEW: Bacardi Silver Low Carb Black Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the low carb thing.

last night I had some boozer and watched house of the dead.. in chicago its real cool at night right now, reminded me of halloween.. and I definately needed some liquor in my system to enjoy HOTD..

tonight i ended up buying some new beer that comes in 8 oz cans called Stite Light, havent tried it yet.. but right now i am drinking a Bacardi Silver Low Carb Dark Cherry..

I was anticipating this as I like to drink these "malternatives" when I dont plan to get drunk, just want to have something sweet and get a little in my system (like 1-3 drinks) on some nights as I watch a movie or play a videogame..

in fact, around last halloween time, when i was very anxious all the time and had problems sleeping, I'd drink a malternative or beer, at least one, almost every night... my dad had been recently diangosed with cancer before that, and i was still having trouble sleeping then... so i'd basically try all the malternatives and even some odd beers during that period of my night, drinking a couple a night to help me fall asleep and while playing NFL FEver 2004 online (probably needed the drinks to make that game fun too eh?!)

anyways.. BACARDI SILVER LOW CARB DARK CHERRY ---> very good... 2.6 grams of carbs per bottle.. thats nothing... only 96 cals... still very sweet... tastes like dark cherry with a hint of vanilla, very tangy too..

i'll probably pop open one of the stite lights after this and post a review later..

but now i need to decide what movie I am watching..

-Nightwatch
-Freddy vs. Jason
-Cabin Fever
-Halloween 6
-Jeepers Creepers

or make your own recommendation, i own just about all the horror films out..

Mason

Is the low-carb stuff a lot more expensive? Just out of curiousity; I'm not really concerned about carbs/calories.

Mason

BTW, has anyone noticed that the OT has had at least one booze thread every night lately? We need to all get together and have the biggest drunken videogame party ever.

Pattergen

Mason said:
BTW, has anyone noticed that the OT has had at least one booze thread every night lately? We need to all get together and have the biggest drunken videogame party ever.

IAWTP

the only sissys are the guys who think they need to re-enforce their "manlyhood" by makign fun of someone else who enjoys a "malternative".. i do drink beer, i do drink hard liquor..

but like i said, if i am just having 1-2-3 drinks, sometimes i enjoy the malternatives since they are so sweet, its almost like a "treat"... i have quite a sweet tooth..

the low carb bacardi sliver is the same price, its just like another flavor extension, in that its right there next to the other bacardi silvers, one in the same, on teh shelves, except this one also happens to be low carb... they didnt go the low carb route with their current flavors, but made an entirely seperate flavor and also made it low carb, which could be bad, or could be good...

i would want this flavor regardless of it being low carb, but being low carb is an extra bonus..

EDIT:

last night i was having captain morgan + pepsi one, and then a seagram's smooth red, and then a seagram's smooth citrus.. the seagram's smooth red is VERY good, love the cranberry flavor.. the citrus was good, but just like every other citrus beer out there.

i dont have any private stock unfortunately, but i do love having a capt morgans private stock and coke, those are quite tasty...

ON TUESDAY, MY CAPTAIN MORGANS GOLD SHALL ARRIVE.. LONG SINCE CANCELLED, I HAVE 30 BOTTLES OF THE CAPTAINS BOOTY COMING IN A TREASURE CHEST, WHICH I SHALL TREASURE FOR A LONG WHILE.

B'z-chan

Banned
Mason said:

As long as i'm invited i'll join up. Only hard stuff for me. Kill my liver i dont care.

zoolander is a good recommendation

but i am sticking to the horror movie theme

cabin fever sounds like a good choice, i am popping it in nizow..

Mason

gollum02.jpg

Alcohol is our friend! It makes us haves fun!

gollum.jpg

No! Alcohol makes us pukes! It makes us act like ASSHOLES!

gollum02.jpg

But we likes it! It makes us happy!

gollum.jpg

I say we pour out all the alcohols and fills the bottles with water!

okay i have cabin fever just starting..

but i wanted to post pics of the Stite Light I got..

cant find anythign about it on the web..

it is a 12 pack of beers in what are energy drink cans.. you know, 8.4 oz

i found two reviews while trying to find pictures, they both said it was horrible.. sounds like my kind of beer...

only 2.9 grams of carbs on the light version...

Ryck

vodka on the rocks........0 carbs

or get some crystal light lemonade, mix with gin , rum , vodka, and caffeine free diet pepsi/coke 0 grams of carbs long island ice tea

B'z-chan

Banned
The Towers are the Players the Towers are the players yalll....

That is just so frekaing funny. Apple martinis are good... i havent gotten wet in more than 2 months. I've been trying to become a full fledged alchoholic.

fucking shit this movie is so good.. everytime i watch it, it just slaps me with how fuckign amazing it is..

if you havent seen cabin fever, you gotta see it.. creepy and hilarious..

i am just about to move onto my "stite light".. i am fully expecting somewhere in the ballpark of old milwaukee, hamms, and natural light...

B'z-chan

Banned
I think i'm gonna go and ride my bike over to hollywood video and pick this movie up. I'm in the mood for some movies.

lemme know what you think either in this thread or PM.. its fucking great shit.

as for stite light: holy shit is this shit horrible... it is definately in the natural light/old milwaukee/etc etc catagory..

and hence i kind of like it.. thats what i drank for the 3 years in my frat.. so i am used to it...

i enjoy the small 8.3 oz can too, will keep the beer colder and its also just fucking funky.

michelob is some good shit...

this fucking movie rules, just had the cop "party man" scene.. that shit makes me laugh every time..

i want that guys "F U" hat....

this stite lite is so bad... but i cant stop drinking it.

AntoneM

Do you have $18? if so do me, us, and all of us a favor and buy some Johnny Red (judge johnny as I call it... Johnny Walker Red as the retail goes) and booze it up on some mid range scotch, nevermind the mixers, just some judge and ice (maybe some water) and you'll be singing (how the fuck do you spell it) all night. Thank me later.

i aint much into scotch or whiskey these days... never was big into it, but i could at least drink it.. havent tried in a while, but the last coupel times, my gag reflex activated from so many puking episodes in college.

gosh damn that movie rules.... i love cabin fever... cant wait for the directors next film...

going to finish up the current stite light i am on, do 1 more bacardi black cherry and fall asleep to whatever the next movie i put on is..

did you go rent any movies dude,chan? did you get cabin fever?

B'z-chan

Banned
Got wasted early couldnt make it to the movie place even though i've got 30 more minutes till they close. But i aint getting off my butt.

you lazy fuck..

what are you drinking?

there is nothing better than hoping on your bike, driving your car or walking to the videostore int he middle of the night to watch a fucking horror movie alone..

there used to be a 24hr rental place nearby, i'd show up at 3am and fucking rent halloween 4 or some shit... those were the best nights man... or get there at 11PM, rent 2 horror movies, stay up all night watching that shit..

fucking place closes at midngiht now.. it sucks ass.

anyways, i am having my last drink, and am popping in scream 2, as I always tend to watch scream 1 or scream 3 whenever I decide to watch one of the scream films.. so scream 2 it is...

goodnight all

B'z-chan

Banned
Yeah i'm lazy i was drinking some Gatorade.... and something..... They also used to be 24 hours but now close at 12 which sucks i want movies at 3 or so in the morning too. Damn me for not having paypeview on demand or something.

B'z-chan said:
Yeah i'm lazy i was drinking some Gatorade.... and something..... They also used to be 24 hours but now close at 12 which sucks i want movies at 3 or so in the morning too. Damn me for not having paypeview on demand or something.

yah man, that digital pay-per-view stuff is nice, but its mostly just the newer stuff..

i loved walking into that huge rental store and finding some 80's shit to rent for $1 at 3AM.. hope i can find a place like that nearby soon.. i miss doing that..

and yes, i am a sissy for enjoying flavored beer... you made your point.. i am a big girl, boohoo i am sad... happy?

listen, i enjoy everything from a wine cooler, to beer, to shots, to mixed drinks, to malternatives... that wrong? they all get you drunk the same!

anyways, i am done drinking for the evening.. i am putting on Jason Goes to Hell and falling asleep to that... goodnight all...

White Man

anyways.. BACARDI SILVER LOW CARB DARK CHERRY ---> very good... 2.6 grams of carbs per bottle.. thats nothing... only 96 cals... still very sweet... tastes like dark cherry with a hint of vanilla, very tangy too..

Suerte, put this man on the List.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom