• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My unconscious attempt to be more Canadian is failing

Well, I went on a couple of dates with this one Canadian woman. She was very nice . . . but it went nowhere. Well, that was probably my fault. I didn't really follow-up on things and it just dissolved away.

I recently became much more interested in the national religion of Canada . . . hockey. I played it some growing up in Minnesota. I've become of fan of my local NHL team, the San Jose Sharks, and went to several games this season. And I've been rollerblading behind a local fire station, getting my skating legs back.

But the San Jose Sharks have fallen apart. They were decent for much of the year but the wheels fell off in February. And for the first time in 10 years, it looks like they won't make it into the play-offs (unless some miracle happens).
850826265.gif

And I got a hockey goal and brought it behind the fire station. I started shooting some pucks into the goal. Despite the fact that my daughter and I have skated in their parking lot some 10 times before then, they decided to kick us out. No more skating behind the fire station. :-(

I had also become a fan of Poutine. Now it is not easy to find but Trader Joe's had this great bag of frozen Poutine.
trader-joes-poutine-bag-jkgrence.jpg
276329-trader-joes-poutine-review-bag.jpg

I would make it with a deep fryer so the fries were really good. The stuff was delicious.

But now . . . . Trader Joe's has discontinued the Poutine.

latest

Why have you forsaken me, Canada?

3.png

Edit: And damn it . . . I put this in community instead of OT. Can some mod please move it to OT? Or maybe just let it rot here in a non community.

Zombine

Banned
I think you're like the Canadian version of Aki Higashihara. I bet you're the reason why Barenaked Ladies broke up in 09'.

You even sent your thread to die in the OTC.

Canadians are rachet lol. Smoke pot, say fuck every sentence, and wear sweatpants in public. Being nice is so 1960s. Oh but you still have to say sorry if someone steps on your foot.

I wonder if a Canadian moved from Community-OT to here. Thanks, mystery mod.

Edit: Oh wait . . . I'm still in the wrong area. Damn. Nothing is going well right now.

mr.rager

Canadians are rachet lol. Smoke pot, say fuck every sentence, and wear sweatpants in public. Being nice is so 1960s. Oh but you still have to say sorry if someone steps on your foot.

The only time I wear sweatpants in public is when I have to wake up early and drive my girlfriend to work. The rest is true though.

Top Bottom