• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Comments On Elden Ring Performance Issues

Nickolaidas

But what he's saying is true about PCs. I got trolled hard for saying the exact same thing. So if 90% of people don't have a beefy PC and complain, the other 10% where the game runs good should also complain because the 90% are the majority and their experience overrides the 10%?
I see your point, but one shouldn't need a 3090 and a 3,500 $ pc monster to play a game that more or less looks like the Witcher 3.

Jason talks like the guy above is the exception and not the rule. He shouldn't.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I see your point, but one shouldn't need a 3090 and a 3,500 $ pc monster to play a game that more or less looks like the Witcher 3.
ER definitely looks way better than Witcher 3 FWIW.

But you are correct. It shouldn't take a 3090. The 3090 is just brute-forcing the rendering unoptimized code.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's the same updated engine. It runs good except for shader cache.

Is this not then strictly speaking an i/o issue? Admittedly one within the render pipeline of the engine, but still potentially impacted by any and all system level processes dealing with i/o?

MiguelItUp

I know I've said it before, but this is the most bizarre performance gap I've seen on PC in a LONG time. If not THE worst TBH. I've had slight micro stutters here and there, but nothing that's been annoying or ruined gameplay. It's running buttery smooth in 2K otherwise. When it occurs it's like less than half a second, and then it goes away. I feel like I've noticed it maybe 10-15 times in the 30 hours that I've played.

I think a lot of it has to do with the anti-cheat software on PC, which is why the performance there has been so different compared to other platforms. But, like others have said, PC specs are SO incredibly varied, there are moments where it can be incredibly hard to make performance and optimization as close as possible across every time of system. It's also FS's first true open world title, so while no excuse there's bound to be some issues.

It seems like they've been working on it pretty hard though, so there's that. Just hope people dealing with issues that were super excited about playing can very soon.

As I posted in other threads, From soft are not good technically and reviews should've pointed out these issues and shouldve deducted scores accordingly- like they do for most other games. From soft should not get a pass. This will only encourage them to not invest much in the technical side of things. These kind of bugs and performance issues are unacceptable, and while I am sure the game is amazing, it doesnt deserve 97 score.
Fromsoft absolutely should get a pass. This is the best game of all time.

Top Bottom