• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco opens the teaser site for Ridge Racers (PSP)

Elios83

A few info:

Reiko Nagase is back (we knew it)
There will be a new World Race Mode which will feature 12 cars races and there will be 24 tracks with a few revised from past episodes in the series.
Plus the game Rally X (1980) from Namco will be playable as a bonus since the beginning of the game.
Wi-Fi Lan duels are confirmed and technically possible up to 12 partecipants,even if Namco thinks that 3 to 4 players duels will be the ideal situation.

Edit:New infos added.

u_neek

alienh1.jpg

DS is teh doomed!

Insertia

Elios83 said:
A few info:

There will be a new World Race Mode which will feature 12 cars races and there will be 24 tracks with a few revised from past episodes in the series.

but it can't handle more then one car!1!!!1

jarrod

Banned
Any word on how few of those 24 tracks will be revisions? Not that I don't trust Namco... but I don't. They've let me down too many times concerning RR. :/

jarrod said:
Any word on how few of those 24 tracks will be revisions? Not that I don't trust Namco... but I don't. They've let me down too many times concerning RR. :/

Gamefront says there will be 24 (I think original) tracks as well as few overworked tracks from Ridge Racer and Type 4. I don't know how reliable this information is.

Elios83 said:
Plus the game Rally X (1980) from Namco will be playable as a bonus since the beginning of the game.
Wi-Fi Lan duels are confirmed and technically possible up to 12 partecipants,even if Namco thinks that 3 to 4 players duels will be the ideal situation.

Yummy. That teaser worked for me....

jarrod said:

Told you it was a new Ridge Racer. :) Go the Rage Racer route and this will be one of the best launch titles for any system ever.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
So "Ridge Racers" is the official PSP title for this game?

"See what you want.
Believe what you need."

:D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'd buy a PSP just for this game to be a perfect hybrid of Rage Racer and Type 4. Titles that I still play regularly today :)

jarrod

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Told you it was a new Ridge Racer. :) Go the Rage Racer route and this will be one of the best launch titles for any system ever.
Well, the only thing suggesting that before was Namco's word (the same guys who also insist that RRDS is a new game) given all the track, car & design elements seemed ripped from R4 & RRV.

Neo's confirmation is good enough for me now though. :)

Top Bottom