• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K5 Preview from IGN - BOW DOWN

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, this sounds HOT!!!! :D

Play a game and you'll notice right away that there are far more contextual animations than in years past, from double teams and fighting for a ball in the post to knocking down defenders with a devastating pick. You'll also notice that when a defensive player gets beat off the dribble, they don't just stand behind and watch, but will ride the hip of the offensive player driving to the basket, adding a realistic look to the already unbelievable graphics.

On the movement side, momentum is now a big factor, as players won't be able to use turbo to instantly boost past the defense and glide in for the dunk. This helps the defense catch up and actually enables defenders to try to make a play for the ball. Momentum is also incorporated into shooting as players running right then shooting will actually drift to the right in the air, reminiscent of the Jordan/Craig Ehlo trademark shot that sent so many Cavs fans home crying.

Thank you, Sega :)

I'm not interested in the Full Authority mode since I don't sim any games but it sounds very cool. I'm liking the Association stuff though ^_^

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
As bad as last years game was I'm much more interested in this game than I am NBA Live this year. I have watched a bunch of movies of both games and this one looks alright. I hope the camera can actually move this year. That might have been my biggest gripe from last years version. Well, that and the suckiness.

Shinobi

Momentum is also incorporated into shooting as players running right then shooting will actually drift to the right in the air, reminiscent of the Jordan/Craig Ehlo trademark shot that sent so many Cavs fans home crying.

:lol

pilonv1

No Tom Tolbert = sale. Not that Bill Walton is much better, but I'd love to be playing online against someone who makes a mistake and hear him say "That was HOOORRRIBLE".

Shinobi

Tolbert was kind of annoying, though there was one line he says that always cracked me up...

"When you settle for that kind of shot, you've FAILED on offense. Failed miserably I might add."

Top Bottom