• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA LIVE IS BACK- Reveal Trailer and New Features

bud23

First impressions are very positive, apparently is really good. For real

WAYS TO PLAY

THE ONE (NBA LIVE Story mode aka The Journey/ The long shot)

This is how you play NBA LIVE 18! An all-new and dynamic career journey. Create your individual player identity and become a legend in The League and The Streets. Master your selected role and playstyle on the court along with unique signature abilities, traits, and gear. Level up your player as you drive to become and icon. Ever choice you make defines your rise to glory.

FRANCHISE
Take control of your favorite NBA team and build it into an unstoppable hoop force while playing games and upgrading the team. Draft top players, make smart trades, and improve your skills with the distinctive upgrade points system. Every decision is yours as you ball through season after season in a streamlined experience while chasing championships.

ULTIMATE TEAM
Build a hand-picked squad of hardwood superstars from past and present. Earn Coins or purchase NBA LIVE Points and scoop up packs from the store to acquire more players, coaches, uniforms, and stadiums, adding strength to your roster. Complete challenges, receive rewards, and elevate your status. Collect. Upgrade. Dominate!

GAMEPLAY INNOVATION

ONE-ON-ONE MECHANIC
Discover an array of game-changing moves and hundreds of fresh player signature styles, animations, and interactions at every position, with unprecedented one-on-one control and responsiveness.

DRIBBLE SYSTEM
On offense, use it to catch your defender out of position, and on defense, use the skill-based counter move to stay in front of the ballhandler to direct pace and tempo.

REAL PLAYER MOVEMENT
Delivers on-ball defense with control and responsiveness, letting you stay with the ball carrier and cut off the drive through skill-based timing windows.

IN THE POST
Be in position to control bigs and use size and strength to blow by your opponent, cut off the drive, protect the basket, or score down low.

ON-COURT AWARENESS
Experience rim-rattling dunks, smooth layups, and the pure physicality of player interactions within one-on-one gameplay around the basket, featuring an amazing amount of animation variety and signature finishes.

PHYSICS-BASED TRANSITIONS
With more animations than ever before, each baller in the game maintains realistic momentum throughout every matchup and every move. You’ll feel closer to real action than a front row seat.

REVEAL TRAILER

WELCOME TO THE ONE TRAILER

snaps-nba-18-about-ign-e3-on-ign-sc-1497127193947_y9au.640.jpg

snaps-nba-18-about-ign-e3-on-ign-kf-1497127193937_yxex.640.jpg

NJShadow

They should have gone with a new NBA Street; you know, a game that people would buy. I'll wait to see more, I guess, but I'm not very hopeful.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'll wait and see how it turns out. Competition for 2k is a good thing. A different vision for a NBA videogame is good.

because NBA live never has been good and pales in comparison to 2k

NBA jam and NBA Street were good though so i wonder why EA didnt consider those franchises

That's BS. Live was good in the past. 2k came and passed them up, but Live was good in the past.

Boy I've read this headline maybe 4x in the last 15 years.

Still I like competition in sports games and while nba live lacked polish over the previous iterations, I liked some of their game play decisions as it felt like a more loose, less regimented game of basketball.

fritolay

I can't believe the NBA allows multiple companies to make games on the NBA license and the NFL doesn't. Imagine NFL 2k17

ps2_228-e1451981006146.jpg

I can't believe the NBA allows multiple companies to make games on the NBA license and the NFL doesn't. Imagine NFL 2k17

That's the game that really did that license in as far as it being released by multiple companies. The NFL apparently didn't like Sega devaluing their brand by selling a new game for $20.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

NFL has one vendor for all of it's licensed products. That is the way they do business. It is not a thing exclusive to videogames. Some competition would be welcome though.

Competition is always a good thing.

Not sure how people don't see competition as a good thing. People would rather worship 2k than hope for some competition.

RBH

I'm all for competition in the landscape of sports video games, especially when it's basically nonexistent at this point compared to 15 years ago.

Unfortunately for EA though, NBA 2K has just way too much mindshare with the general public that it will be very tough for Live to make much of a dent regardless of how good the game may turn out to be.

That honestly serves as another reason why it may be a better idea to look into reviving the EA Sports BIG titles for things like NBA Street, where there's an opening in the market for arcade-type sports titles.

fritolay

That's the game that really did that license in as far as it being released by multiple companies. The NFL apparently didn't like Sega devaluing their brand by selling a new game for $20.

They sold all their sports games for $20 that year I think. I am just saying the NBA kept it cool and has allowed more than one developer. I think it has helped the popularity and fans.

Brinbe

It still looks like shit. That's some nba live 04 animation in there

Just give it up and give us a new nba street or nba jam, you have the rights to both fucking IPs! Leave the simulation game to 2K and get that arcade market.

Fucking dummies @ EA, I swear.

Gurish

Is it me or the game is finally looking as good visually as 2K at least? took them long enough but at least they got that.

Tik-Tok

NBA Live has been a dumpster fire since the beginning. Even when it was popular during xbox / ps2 days it was worse than 2K. 2K has been king for gameplay since the Dreamcast original

That being said this actually looks pretty good to me.

The only positive impressions I've seen of the game are from some of the GameChangers over on Operation Sports. Not sure if they are just being nice though. Cause they said nice things about the last NBA Live, so not sure they can be trusted. The video footage I've seen, the animations seem slow and wonky and the player models don't look accurate. NBA Live stays away for years and comes back looking like this...not a good sign.

Ocelott

I am not messing with 2k this year so I am going go NBA Live. 2k needs competition because they are making lazy ass games. 2 PS4 and my career still freezes.

vixlar

I remember 2k had the exclusivity for MLB games, (Sony has a special treat for The Show) and they didn't allow MLB Power Pros 09 come to America because the previous versions were better than Mlb 2k.

Borman

I remember 2k had the exclusivity for MLB games, (Sony has a special treat for The Show) and they didn't allow MLB Power Pros 09 come to America because the previous versions were better than Mlb 2k.
Isnt the contract that 2k is the only 3rd party, while 1st parties can make their own baseball game? I think that's what it was years ago anyway, as that allowed Nintendo to make their own, and cancel it of course.

A-V-B

Killed MVP baseball too :(

The fallen sports bros of 2005

It still looks like shit. That's some nba live 04 animation in there

Just give it up and give us a new nba street or nba jam, you have the rights to both fucking IPs! Leave the simulation game to 2K and get that arcade market.

Fucking dummies @ EA, I swear.

Never going to happen. Can't have an Ultimate Team mode in NBA Street or Jam.

jmizzal

The only positive impressions I've seen of the game are from some of the GameChangers over on Operation Sports. Not sure if they are just being nice though. Cause they said nice things about the last NBA Live, so not sure they can be trusted. The video footage I've seen, the animations seem slow and wonky and the player models don't look accurate. NBA Live stays away for years and comes back looking like this...not a good sign.

The game does feel good to play, but the animations are still not great, also its a hidden feature they have not announced yet, unless they scrapped it but it seemed far along when I saw it last year.

They should have gone with a new NBA Street; you know, a game that people would buy. I'll wait to see more, I guess, but I'm not very hopeful.
I really want a Vol. 4. I put hundreds of hours into Vol. 3 on my GameCube, but I found Homecoming disappointing. I'd love for the series to get revived.

Live still hasn't had a game as good as the visual concepts nba game on the fucking Saturn.

I hope they get their shit together some day but I doubt it tbh

StereoVsn

I am in if EA's MyCareer is good and if gameplay is good. '16 was horrible. One thing EA does is have less MTs in SP modes so if they can provide some competition to NBA 2K then it would be great.

Anyway, this already sounds better then the SP mode in Madden '18!

Top Bottom