• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Impressions

hgplayer1

yeah that sucked my game just froze and the loud buzz of doom came on and i shut it off.

im not sure if this will work for sure or not but try doing an optimatch and then check your friends list. the last time mine came up was right after I did this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll try the optimatch thing Hg,good game anyway.Damn do the Cougars suck :(

Dm,give me a few minutes.I'll post here when Im ready to lose to you.

Drey1082

just finished a game and it boots me and won't let me back on saying my gamertag is already signed on... What the hell....

Drey1082 said:
just finished a game and it boots me and won't let me back on saying my gamertag is already signed on... What the hell....

had this problem last night as well....took them about 3 hours to fix it. :(

Mrbob

Yipes this is getting annoying. I see some of you online in NCAA via the dashboard but I can't see you under the EA Messenger Friends list.....

Get the bugs ironed out EA! First MVP, now this!

Drey1082

well, looks like i'm done for the night.. ea's servers suck something fierce, why the hell couldn't they just let live handle the servers. And yeah, the non-existant buddy list is a nice touch.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm,meet me online in like 5-7 minutes,about 1 am.If the buddy list doesnt show,check the east rooms.

Good game bob. Best experiecne I have had since buying this game. Not because I won, but because for the 2nd time in 5 games, I wasn't playing a prick. :D

2-3 BOYS!

Bring on the tourney!

Matrix

Woot 2-0 vs DM :D

Matrix and his Refs > DM all day

Dude got 4 or 5 penalties for fighting,lmao

My first td was given to me :D Sadly DM cant pay off the Refs like I do....DM time to get on your knees :p

DMczaf

What made me angry was that you got in the SAME fight animation as me and the refs looked the other way!

DIE REFS!!!!!!11111111

ref_keown.jpg

element

uggg, i played my first game and I hate the new passing.

online crashed on me when saving my email and crap.

crashed again in attract mode

buggest game ever!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
What made me angry was that you got in the SAME fight animation as me and the refs looked the other way!

DIE REFS!!!!!!11111111

ref_keown.jpg

Hehe its cause you started the fights...you big meany!! :p

Matrix

UNLV was home to Rider the former slam dunk pyscho..that school breeds nut jobs.Soooo it should explain why your team picks fights :p

Fifty

element said:
TIPPED BALLS ARE OUT OF CONTROL IN THIS GAME!!!!

Massive Tip Ball

Also what is with not being able to save replays!! Lame!

Yeah. Not being able to watch/save replays really sucks. Especially when you're not sure what just happened. Tipped balls are a bit of a problem, but I still love the game.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Well, I've not been able to get my friends list running and have had off and on problems with the server so I haven't played online. My friend just emailed me though and told me that I must be addicted to the game since he sees the system keep saying that I'm logged on playing it. Yea, my Xbox isn't even on. Nice.

Maverick

I kicked a 52 yard FG no problem w/ OSU last night. I don't seem to have a big problem w/ the kicking game like everyone else.

The tipped balls are better in some cases, but yeah, it does piss me off when stuff happens like what oxy posted.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Ok guys I just got this as a gift , for the XBOX... whats the best option, take it back and get it for ps2 or stick with Xbox??? are things looking up for the online?? let me know...

Fifty

Connecting seems flawless now...The only problem I've noticed is that my freaking friends list doesn't appear 75% of the time!!

I blame that on the fact that they're getting your gamertag through MS, and this is the first time a game has tried that, but it's still pathetic as hell.

Fifty

Oh yes, maybe I should have posted my "IMPRESSIONS" here.

I just finished playing a game with Matrix. He was 0-3 and he thought I'd run over him.

I WAS LOSING 38-0 BEFORE THIS LAME-ASS SHIT GAME BOOTED me for .............PAUSING. It said I was out of "pauses" (Wtf, I'm playing with a friend, not for money...I can't pause more than 3 times...He had no mic!) but I thought that it would give him the option to get the win, or keep playing. That's the only smart option. It gives pausing cheaters no benefits, but it lets two people play a fucking casual game. There's no option in the "challenge" screen to turn that weak shit off. Now I know. Oh, and why the hell can't we watch replays online? I don't care if I can't save them....even though I should be able to! But to not even watch them. Pathetic.

Right after that (No friends list, as usual) the game disconnects me. I think I've been disconnected from Live about twice since its launch. WEAK, WEAK SHIT.

Mrbob

Good game Solrak! You smacked my offense around! One thing I forgot to do was put Vick in! I need my revenge with Vick! :p

Matrix

Fifty said:
Oh yes, maybe I should have posted my "IMPRESSIONS" here.

I just finished playing a game with Matrix. He was 0-3 and he thought I'd run over him.

I WAS LOSING 38-0 BEFORE THIS LAME-ASS SHIT GAME BOOTED me for .............PAUSING. It said I was out of "pauses" (Wtf, I'm playing with a friend, not for money...I can't pause more than 3 times...He had no mic!) but I thought that it would give him the option to get the win, or keep playing. That's the only smart option. It gives pausing cheaters no benefits, but it lets two people play a fucking casual game. There's no option in the "challenge" screen to turn that weak shit off. Now I know. Oh, and why the hell can't we watch replays online? I don't care if I can't save them....even though I should be able to! But to not even watch them. Pathetic.

Right after that (No friends list, as usual) the game disconnects me. I think I've been disconnected from Live about twice since its launch. WEAK, WEAK SHIT.

The problem is you're too into talking then the actual game :p I got credited for the win and I figured you were booted cause of that.I just play to win...I really dont care for talking and replays...ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "MEOW BIATCH YOU GOT OWNED COUGAR STYLE" :D

The only thing pissing me off about the game online is the damn friends list not showing sometimes and the fact if I dont play someone from here everyone picks top 20 teams,even when I pick my crappy cougars.

PS- I could hear you through my tv at the beginning of the game,so you could trash talk me...if that makes you feel better :p

DMczaf

Matrix said:
The problem is you're too into talking then the actual game :p I got credited for the win and I figured you were booted cause of that.I just play to win...I really dont care for talking and replays

Except when you see the BS refs screw me over!!11 RAWR DIE REFS!

Matrix

Cmdr. Solrak said:
Good game matrix. Sorry I went on 4th down, I can't seem to kick a FG right if I'm not at the 15 or closer. :(

Its all good,kicking FG's is tuff.

I was just pissed that my Cougars couldnt stop your run plays :( I wish you had thrown a few more times,I got bored at the end ;)

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Except when you see the BS refs screw me over!!11 RAWR DIE REFS!

The refs love my sexy @ss,what can I say :D

Matrix

DMczaf said:
They love your sexy mother... :(

Tell her to stay at home!

LOL sexy mother gives birth to sexy son..the refs love us both.

Fifty

Matrix said:
PS- I could hear you through my tv at the beginning of the game,so you could trash talk me...if that makes you feel better :p

Bitch! I told you to pause if you could hear me. :(

It's just silly that the other player doesn't have the choice of letting the game go on. When I'm down 32-0 in the 3rd qtr, the game is going to be boring as hell. Then I get picked again, and pause out of frustration....I lose. You need a mic, my win/loss record depends on it! ;)

I played like shit, but Ollie has something to say about that....

ottophoto1.jpg

Matrix

Fifty said:
Bitch! I told you to pause if you could hear me. :(

It's just silly that the other player doesn't have the choice of letting the game go on. When I'm down 32-0 in the 3rd qtr, the game is going to be boring as hell. Then I get picked again, and pause out of frustration....I lose. You need a mic, my win/loss record depends on it! ;)

I played like shit, but Ollie has something to say about that....

ottophoto1.jpg

Doh,well I must have missed that.

Well now you know I can hear you,but I wouldnt talk if I'm getting smacked around :p

Next game I play you I'm going to try playing with Rice,I want to try using a different team.

Fifty

Ok, cool. I used to use Syracuse in last year's game, but their team is very 1 dimensional in this. I'll determine tonight whether Penn or Syracuse will be my #1 team. Right now I'll take anything.

Fifty

Biff and I played a fantastic 14-7 (1OT) Greatest Game. I used Penn, and I really like them. They're a very balanced team and I'll do my very best to stick with them :)

Once we finished our game, we both recieved the Server Down message, which was annoying as heck, but at least we got 1 in :(

Matrix

Yep samething happened to me and I guess HG too.I beat him 27-10 and I quit the game and the damn EA logo thing keeps turning and turning and BAM servers are down message.

I think they're fine tuning them even more,the gamertag link page is down too.

hgplayer1

yeah im growing tired of posting how bad it is trying to do anything online but that was a solid game by your Cougars Matrix. I kept getting all jammed in the middle when you would toss or sweep and then your WRs were catching all those deep balls. I couldnt stop you.

Matrix

Thx man :) Yea this server stuff is really starting to piss me off,if Madden is like this too...I will die.

Drey1082

Gamespot put their reviews up... i don't think it's been posted yet..

8.2 - Xbox
8.5 - PS2
8.0 - GC

Xbox got the lower score mainly because of the slowdown

Matrix

Fifty said:
Anyone for a game now? I hear the servers are working.

I'm down for a game.

You ready to play me with a team I have never used before :p

Top Bottom