• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Impressions

DMczaf

Drey1082 said:
Gamespot put their reviews up... i don't think it's been posted yet..

8.2 - Xbox
8.5 - PS2
8.0 - GC

Xbox got the lower score mainly because of the slowdown

Gamespot gets my respect for that. All these other reviews act like its not even there!

Drey1082

DMczaf said:
Gamespot gets my respect for that. All these other reviews act like its not even there!
I agree. No other review i've seen has even mentioned it. The reviewer says that he played the game on multiple xboxes, with multiple settings and couldn't find a fix. Gamespot also talks about the current crapiness of the ea servers for live, although they realize that will probably be fixed.

Does anyone think there's even a chance that a fix or something will be provided for the slowdown??

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
I can play at 12:30. Tell me if that's cool.

Not cool cause its still DOWN!!!!!! arghbahbvahvahvdvayvdyvya

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well I got the you cant connect to the ea servers message and the gamertag link page is still messed up,it doesnt show recent games you played and they didnt count my win vs HG.

Fifty

Yeah, the servers are still fucked. I logged in (after a very long wait) and it disconnected me right away.

Matrix

I'm depressed.

I'm on LIVE waiting for either bob or Frenchy to finish their games. The fact that they are playing each other makes it's even better. :)

13-0 3rd Frenchy

don't worry bob...at least the Cubbies won today. :D

Matrix

HAHA I knew they wouldnt count my win against HG...fucking owned again :(

element

i just played online, at least i think i did. got whipped 31-0. the guy was OSU though, and i was UW.

It is so frustrating with dropping passes! UGGGG!!

hgplayer1

I wonder if these kinds of problems will pop up in ESPN NFL 2k5? if they do then Ill take back all the bad things Ive thought about EA the last few days. :p

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I have a hell of a time getting online with this game. Other than that I'm really warming up to this game after being somewhat meh about it at first. I'm online now if anyone wants to play.( I'm almost afraid to sign out, it might not let me get back on.):(

hgplayer1 said:
dont feel sorry for his dropped passes! when I played him he was catching everyyyyyything :D

He did have a few 'miracle' catches, but it looked like receivers were dropping most of the easy, no pressure catches.

Drey1082

signed on now, and i think it's the first time i've ever seen all my friends displayed on the ea messenger, let's hope this is a good sign

element

how the hell does your friends list show up? Mine says 'EA Friends', but none of my Live friends are around to even invite to a game :p

This game is a BUGGY MESS!!
I'm playing at Standford, but it has FIU logo on the field.

Mrbob

Cmdr. Solrak said:
I'm now pulling for for Bob and matrix now. :D

Bob 7 - Frenchy 7 4th
Matrix 7 - other dude 7 2nd

I lost 14-7. :(

You should have seen the play that was a catalyst for the game winning drive. Tied 7-7, 2 minutes left. He had 3rd and 10 at his own 40. I flush his QB out of the pocket and have all four lineman about to sack him on the left side field. His QB twirls and jumps 270 degrees WHILE THROWING and he throws it all the way across to the right side of the field where his receiver catches the ball for a 35 yard gain! I was in such big disbelief at the play....I still can't believe it lol. The play goes against the laws of physics and what a person can do with their body. I crumbled after that...that play took everything out of me. I still shake my head thinking about it! After all the wide open drops I've seen in this game to see how that pass was ever completed is amazing lol.

we were destined for overtime my friend, but once again the heart of a champion shines the brightest :D

get ready tournament, here i come!

p.s. the dropped passes seriously suck dick in this game dudes

this is WORSE than the espn dropped passes bug, because at least in that game you COULD make a catch, it's just if you got hit you'd almost always drop it. in ncaa, when you make a wide open catch you feel like it was a gift from jesus christ himself. i know taking control of the receiver improves the chances for a catch, and i do take control on straight bombs or fly routes, but when i'm getting pressured and throwing an out or quick slant then wtf i have no time to take control of the receiver, move in the right direction and make the catch on time. it's ridiculous and i'm pretty close to saying it's a game-killer.

i have a blast online playing, but this game ISN'T the real deal. strike 2 EA (mvp baseball + ncaa), you better come through with madden!

element

in ncaa, when you make a wide open catch you feel like it was a gift from jesus christ himself.
that is how i am feeling. Like I'll have a nice little flair pass to my TE and he will drop it.
I almost threw my controller i was so frustrated.

Matrix

FUCKING DROPPED PASSES AND LOSERS WHO PICK TOP TEN TEAMS AFTER THEY SEE ME PICK THE COUGARS! Play me like a man you half-wit buttmunchos.

Also my lovely record should be 5-9,but nooooooooo EA has to keep the white JoO down.

pilonv1

Been playing this a bit today, it just feels unfinished. Players walking through others during cutscenes, tipped balls by players 3-4 feet away from the ball, slowdown (off the hard drive too - so the drive issue is false). The sliders are going to need some serious work for this to be playable long term.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So PS2 better than Xbox version? Anyone played both? I felt the same way with MVP the PS2 one was better than the Xbox verison... The Xobx is the perfect sports machine with its harddrive... I don't know why they would be slipping like that

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
we need 3 more people to sign in within the next 7 hours or the tournament is doomed!

Well, when I sign on I can't get things to work right, but my account according to my friend has been playing NCAA for 72 hours, so apparently my fucking ghost is having a great time already playing.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/

This might be of interest to a few of you. Especially Bill's comments about a day down (his AI tests). Actually this is a great blog for heavy sports gamers period.

I'm very frustrated with this title the longer I've tried to enjoy it. I think it's going back for ESPN and other games because ESPN IS SO GODDAMN CHEAP!1!!

Fifty

You say it's going back for ESPN....I always feel bad about trading in games this soon after I've bought them. It's been a while since that's happened... How much of your $50 would you get back if you were to trade it (educated guess if you're not sure)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
You say it's going back for ESPN....I always feel bad about trading in games this soon after I've bought them. It's been a while since that's happened... How much of your $50 would you get back if you were to trade it (educated guess if you're not sure)

$35.00 probably. But if you return it at EB instead of trading it right now, you should get 50 bucks credit, IIRC.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Fifty said:

When I say going back in this case, I tend to mean eBay. No store will likely give you over $30. Less than that at GameStop. I don't normally turn back games right away unless their total shit (which this isn't), but in general I'm becoming more dissapointed with it and with the other 2 football games coming soon I don't really need another one that has issues that bug me. I'd love to hear from Xbox why it shows me playing online all the time too, MS hasn't responded yet.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, I played about 3 games on All-American. It's not a bad game at all. It's no ESPN but it'll do till next week. What's with the lack of interceptions though? Even on multiple tips lol

Fifty

The main reason I bought this game: The GA tourny...will need to be recreated if we can't get two more people!

Name = Gaf 1

pass=Kbar

28 people signed up for it, but we only have 14 signed in. I know this isn't a big enough tourny to fit everyone, but the game is out everywhere now...what's the problem for the 14 other people who signed up?

Oh man, I didn't know we were doing it like that. I thought we were just doing it on the forums. Sorry, I'll sign up tonight - that is if I can log onto the EA servers.

JayFro

Banned
Wow, I just played my first game online and lost 17-0. First impressions of the game.........why can't the wideouts catch anything? Last time I checked college football scores were pretty high, but this game seems extremely tipped in the favor of the defense. The running game is terrible unless you want to run the option every frickin play. I'm glad I rented this game because for me this simply isn't a purchase. Hopefully NFL2K5 is a better game.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Nobody I knew was on this afternoon so I made a GAF room and played some corn dog who used LSU. Was that anybody here? Probably somebody random who just wandered into the room.

It's too early to tell about this game, it's so different from earlier iterations. That said, I don't see myself playing a dynasty. The slider gurus are still working on making it better, but NCAA will probably just be an online game for me this year.

Top Bottom