• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Impressions

Bog

Junior Ace
Matrix said:
Ummm we all here know how to play football games..why dont you sign on and see for yourself how this game plays online.

Exactly, and anyone here can beat anyone here. And thanks, I have played online. The game's no good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ncaa 2004 online was just better than this...its depressing :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just finished two awesome games in my dynasty.
First one I was down 8 with less than a minute left. I get a user pick within my own 20 yard line. Whew. I rush down the field making short passes outside to stop the clock whenever I can. Break a nice run up the middle. Then go deep with my #1 reciever left side flag. Touchdown. I then ran my FB up the middle for the 2 point conversion.
In overtime I was stoned and missed the FG (it was raining pretty hard, and I suck at the kicking game). They come down and score on second play. Game over. I lose by 6. It makes my greatest game list.

Second one was back and forth the whole game. They scored twice in the first and I was a little scared. I got a couple of nice TDs to tied and we went into the half with me up 2. Going into the 4th I was up 3. Other team was just blazing me with their #1 reciever. I finally decide to double team him and it really slows them down. He still winds up scoring in the last two minutes though. Anyway, within the last two minutes I'm up 2 and have to punt. I punt short due to being within their 40 yardline and I chase down the ball and recover it. Awesome. I score and put the game out of reach. Wicked game. Intense right to the end.

I'm playing 9 minute quarters right now. I totally loving this game. I only had a couple of dropped passes through these two games that were suspect. And I had some very nice runs.

I love seeing USER come across the screen. That's like the best feeling ever.

Meier

I've yet to try any games online (I will when the tourney starts but I'm more of a 1-player guy in sports games), but the drops are truly out of hand. I'm having a lot of fun with the game and excusing the slowdown, but man.. the drops are just so damn frustrating. And that's even with raising the wide receivee catching slider a few notches to boot.

Fifty

Ah yes, the "tourny"

What's the deal with that?

FMT tried to create two of them, but people didn't join in time (not that they really had enough time).....are you going to try again?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This online shit is stupid :(

I'm losing to some guy 40 something to 22 with like 2 minutes left in the game and all the sudden massive slowdown takes over and I get booted...wtf kinda shit is that :\ Now I'm sure the loss will show up as a quit or some shit like that,but why can I play like a whole game with no lag with this guy and then boom some weird shit slowdown happens.I cant believe it was on my side as my internet service seems to be running smooth...oh and to top it off it now says "IM LOGGED IN ALREADY!!" >_<

If Espn and Madden do this to me...I might punch a hole through my xbox.

Matrix

I still cant log in.

I'm returning the game today guys. The passing game is much too frustating. I don't mind a pass defense where the average IQ is around 200, all i ask is my receivers have an iQ of about 2 so that they can catch the damn ball.

I've tried sliders, turning quick passing off, even tried that Easy play system (HEAVEN FORBID!!!). While i'm not Joe Montana behind the controller, i certainly am a capable passer and often found the open man... to no avail.

Hope ESPN NFL comes out today in my area.

Drey1082

Sal Paradise Jr said:
I'm returning the game today guys. The passing game is much too frustating. I don't mind a pass defense where the average IQ is around 200, all i ask is my receivers have an iQ of about 2 so that they can catch the damn ball.

I've tried sliders, turning quick passing off, even tried that Easy play system (HEAVEN FORBID!!!). While i'm not Joe Montana behind the controller, i certainly am a capable passer and often found the open man... to no avail.

Hope ESPN NFL comes out today in my area.

Yeah, i think mine is also getting returned and going towards espn2k5 and madden

Top Bottom