• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCL DS Dev teams?

jarrod

Banned
I posed this question in another thread, but hopefully it'll get more attention here. Anyone out there have some insight as to which teams are doing which DS games? From the Nintendo JP website and common sense we can gather....

-Advance Wars DS (Intelligent Systems)
-Animal Crossing DS (Nintendo EAD)
-Another (Cing)
-Jam witjh the Band (Nintendo R&D2)
-Jump Super Stars (HAL Labratories)
-Magical Vacation II (Brownie Brown)
-Metroid Prime Hunters (Nintendo Software Technology)
-One-Line Puzzle (Mitchell Corp)
-Pokemon Dash GP (Ambrella)
-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (GameFreak Entertainment)
-Wario Ware Inc, DS (Nintendo R&D1/Intelligent Systems)

...but we still don't know...

-Mario Kart DS
-New Super Mario Bros
-Pictochat
-Puppy Times
-Super Mario 64 DS
-Yakuman DS
-Yoshi's Touch & Go

...any clues?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Well, Hideo Konna (who's EAD) is working on Puppy Love and Mario Kart. That would of course suggest they're in development at EAD. HOWEVER, he's also working on Metroid, so if he can work on one game outside of EAD, he can work on others too.

If I was to bet, I'd say Puppy Love is at EAD and Mario Kart probably is (it could be IS I suppose, though they do seem awfully busy lately anyway).

Mario 64 is almost definitely EAD. Miyamoto has been heavily involved with it. He's involved with quite a lot of titles even outside EAD, I know, but when he says it's the game he's focusing on at any time, I've never known it to not be an EAD game.

Yakuman Advance was made by NdCube, so maybe they're making this one, but other versions in the past have been done by other Nintendo teams, so who knows? It could be anyone, it's just mahjong.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
-Mario Kart DS
-New Super Mario Bros
-Pictochat
-Puppy Times
-Super Mario 64 DS
-Yakuman DS
-Yoshi's Touch & Go

Puppy Times, Yoshi's Touch & Go and Mario 64 DS are almost surely EAD. Yakuman DS is either R&D1 or Nd Cube. Picto Chat is R&D1, Mario Kart is probably EAD or NST.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
While we're talking about these things, does anyone know of any GC games EAD are working on other than Zelda and DK: Jungle Beat (the Tokyo studio is still considered EAD)?

They probably have a couple of titles we don't know about left, but they must be really dedicated to the DS and Revolution at the moment. And as we know the Tokyo studio was formed to make new games for Revolution, I'm guessing most of the normal EAD is DS.

jarrod

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
Mario Kart is probably EAD or NST.
Homer%20Simpson%20Oh%20No.jpg

...on a sidenote, it's interesting to see EAD devote so much towards DS development, espeically since they've been pretty hands off for Game Boy.

cja

Mario Kart isn't IS or NST. They'd be listed as developers on NCL's website (as they are for Advance Wars, Wario Ware & Metroid Prime Hunters) if they had any involvement.

GDGF

Soothsayer
What about the Tokyo studio. No info or anything, but I kinda think they might be responsible for the game Another.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it uptop.

jarrod

Banned
Okay guessing at the 2nd list with new info...

-Mario Kart DS (Nintendo EAD)
-Pictochat (Nintendo R&D1)
-Puppy Times (Nintendo EAD)
-Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo EAD)
-Yakuman DS (Nintendo R&D1)
-Yoshi's Touch & Go (Nintendo EAD)

....I'm guessing New Super Mario Bros might be from R&D2 actually, as they said they'd get to work on a new 2D Mario platformer after Mario Advance 4 was finished... though they could've been talking about Yoshi's Universal Gravitation I guess...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Mario Kart isn't IS or NST. They'd be listed as developers on NCL's website (as they are for Advance Wars, Wario Ware & Metroid Prime Hunters) if they had any involvement.

Yes this is true. Only exception is Mario Kart DS is very early indevelopment, so in this games case, if NST was doing it, they wouldn't be included in the copyright.
But most likely it will be developed by NCL in-house and release next summer or next fall. EAD is also confirmed to be developing Four Swords DS.

Also, it is very likely EAD Tokyo is responsible for 1-2 of those DS games.

Jarrod R&D2 should be developing Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (GBA) and Jam With The Band (NDS).

R&D1 is developing Wario Ware Twist (GBA), Yakuman DS (NDS), Pictochat (NDS), and Wario Ware Tough (NDS - co-developed by IS)

MASB

Mitchell Corp. Cing. Anybody know anything about these two companies and what they've done in the past?

jarrod

Banned
MASB said:
Mitchell Corp. Cing. Anybody know anything about these two companies and what they've done in the past?
No idea about Cing but Mitchell Corp is an old arcade developer. They've worked with Capcom quite a bit, most notably on the Strider, PuzzLoop and Pang/Buster Bros games... in fact Mitchell's Cannon Dancer is considered by many to be the true sequel to Strider.

jarrod

Banned
Just looked up Cing's website, they worked with Capcom on Glass Rose... nothing else besides some mobile games from what I gather being game related. :/

hirokazu

jarrod said:
Just looked up Cing's website, they worked with Capcom on Glass Rose... nothing else besides some mobile games from what I gather being game related. :/

was just about to ask about who Cing was and what they did.

anyhow, has Jump Super Stars been confirmed to be developed by HAL, or is that just an guess because of its supposed similarity to Smash Bros.?

Top Bottom