• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need a good HDTV for gaming 29"-32"

the cheaper the better ..

but I would pay more if the difference is HUGE ..

help a n00b, I'll only depend on what you guys tell me, and I think its enough :)

Thanks in advance

SiNCeRe said:
Why not? Just curious. I'm thinking of getting a widescreen projection TV.

Burn-in. For gaming, get direct view or LCD if you want under 34", anything bigger go with LCD projection or DLP.

sasimirobot

I just bought a 29" Sony Wega Super-Fine Pitch CRT (900$US). I love it, but sometimes it looks TOO GOOD. It really exposes the flaws in some games. DVDs playing on Xbox Media Player look stupendous though!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
None of these like 720p apparently.

DVDs playing on Xbox Media Player look stupendous though!

There's no progressive scan support in XBMC is there?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That's not the same as 720p though.. All of these will do that to some degree (up/down convert). There's nothing like native 720p.

shantyman said:
Not true. I have the 30" WEGA KV-30HS420. It upconverts 720p to 1080i. It is an AWESOME TV.

DaCocoBrova said:
That's not the same as 720p though.. All of these will do that to some degree (up/down convert). There's nothing like native 720p.

Yeah, no direct view CRT TV set on the market is capable of native 720P display. I believe the best that is managed is some of the widescreen HD WEGAs that do 853x480.

Actually no CRT Tv on the market actually displays either 1080i or 720p. The best on the market is Sony 34" 960 which can do ~625 horizontal lines. The all scan 1080i and most Samsung, Toshiba, or Sony's work with a 720p source. The fact is that almost all 'HDTVs' don't actually display a true HD signal. No set really shows 1920x1080i, but rather scans that quality of an image on to a display that is smaller. Like most plasmas are at best 1024x1024. The only ones that come close to real HD displays are LCDs and DLP.

Almolka I suggest you go to this website and do some research.

AVS forum CRT stuff

BigGreenMat said:
The best on the market is Sony 34" 960 which can do ~625 horizontal lines.

By that, you are talking about vertical resolution, right? 625 horizontal lines counted down the screen.

Toshiba and Sony make great HDTVs.

I have an older (last year) 36" 4:3 HDTV with 16:9 compression mode.

I love each and every moment infront of it.

Whatever you get, make sure it supports 720p

DaCocoBrova said:
None of these like 720p apparently.

There's no progressive scan support in XBMC is there?

There's not only progressive scan support, there is also upscaling to 720p and 1080i support.

BojTrek

Banned
I have this one... it is unreal... Sony WEGA HD-TV (KV-27HS420)... it is only 27" but it is incredible playing X-Box, Ninja Gaiden actually made me think it was the patches that made it look soooo good on the TV... I realized that it was HD... me forgot... ME STUPID...

KV32HS420_1.jpg

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...KV27HS420&Dept=tv&CategoryName=tv_27"to32"TVs

Shogmaster said:
By that, you are talking about vertical resolution, right? 625 horizontal lines counted down the screen.

Yes shog. Generally good things have been said about Toshiba sets that accept all standards and then they get displayed at 540p.

Top Bottom