• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need a good new PS5 headset

Cornbread78

My p.o.s Pulse Elite snapped by the earpiece somehow, not like it stayed connected to my PS5 anyway, however, I need a new one that supports the HD 3D audio. Anyone have any good experience in any of the other ones under $300 that support it? Anyone use the Inzobe H9's?

Isn't the whole gimmick of PS5 3D audio that any headset can use it? It's software-based.

Just plug your favourite headset into the controller. I use the Sennheiser Game Zero (no longer available).

Last edited:

Flabagast

Pretty satisfied with the Maxwell, even if it's not totally the revolution that the reviews can lead you to believe (maybe I have not calibrated it well)

Is this better than the pulse 3Ds?

I have elites that are terrible due to drop outs and crackling noises

So I am considering a new headset, or going back to pulse 3D?

Does this pair you recommended work for switch and Xbox too?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Is this better than the pulse 3Ds?

I have elites that are terrible due to drop outs and crackling noises

So I am considering a new headset, or going back to pulse 3D?

Does this pair you recommended work for switch and Xbox too?
They do work for Xbox but don't know about Switch and yeah I totally recommend them over any closed back headphones

Just so you know though being open backs sound will leak out if you need them to be silent for others like trying to play in bed while a significant other is trying to sleep

They do work for Xbox but don't know about Switch and yeah I totally recommend them over any closed back headphones

Just so you know though being open backs sound will leak out if you need them to be silent for others like trying to play in bed while a significant other is trying to sleep

Hmm also not wireless

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Corn, my man, please try this one. Best sound quality I ever have had.

6ff3464998f945ab24a19588e9233cd8.jpg

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm very happy with my wireless Arctis from a couple years ago.
Not exactly the same model as in the link but similar:

It's very lightweight, comfortable and the battery lasts forever 🙂

Larxia

I thought about something like this (on pc) but my issue is that only gaming headsets have volume control, it seems like regular headphones never have volume control, which is quite annoying.
Of course on pc I can lower the volume of windows, but it's annoying if you want to record gameplay for example, the recorded sound will be lower.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I thought about something like this (on pc) but my issue is that only gaming headsets have volume control, it seems like regular headphones never have volume control, which is quite annoying.
Of course on pc I can lower the volume of windows, but it's annoying if you want to record gameplay for example, the recorded sound will be lower.
The pair I linked the cord is detachable and the VMODA mic plugs in and that has a wheel control for volume which works nicely

Top Bottom