• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need CARFAX: Can someone PLEASE check a VIN for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
1HGEM21591L027568

Cousin is considering this car and he wants to be sure that it's clean and all. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

jenov4

vin2.jpg

Damn these Google Ads are scary.

AlphaSnake

He did that quick CarFax report and it brought back SEVEN entries. That just doesn't sound good to me and I don't want him to buy a fugin' lemon. He doesn't either. This guy is selling an 01 Civic EX Coupe (yuck, Honda) for 4500 and it's just making us raise eyebrows.

Anybody?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Perhaps Gaming-Age is not going to be the best choice for chekcing VIN numbers. :)

AlphaSnake

Lyte Edge said:
Perhaps Gaming-Age is not going to be the best choice for chekcing VIN numbers. :)

This place is backup. I posted this on Maxima.ORG before hand. :p

ShadowRed

Banned
"This guy is selling an 01 Civic EX Coupe (yuck, Honda) for 4500 and it's just making us raise eyebrows.

Anybody?"

WTF it should. Hondas are notorious for having high resale value. Go check Carmax and look up a 01 Civic EX it goes for something like 13,000, on the low end. http://www.carmax.com/dyn/searcheng...ModelLabel=Civic&Price=5&PriceLabel=Any+Price RED MOTHERFUCKING FLAG. See if the guy selling will let you take it to a mechanic to check it out. Also Carfax reports are overrated. I had a guy from the board look up a car I was looking at buying back in April and it cam out clean. I went to the dealer and he let me take it to a mechanic and he told me it had been in an accident and that the suspension was screwed on it and would cost me close to a thousand to fix. The accident never showed up on the Carfax report. The moral of the story don't rely on the Carfax have it check out by YOUR mechanic before commiting.

Pattergen

Sir, Carfax is not going to put your worries to rest. That is a insanely cheap price. If there is nothing wrong with the car, then the guy should have no problem letting you take it to a mechanic for a thorough inspection. I've done this on the last two cars I've bought.

AlphaSnake

Shadow: I still wanna' see what these 7 entries in CarFax are. Also, the KBB value of the caris $7500 and he said he bought the car off of someone for $5000 and is selling it for 4500 now. It's just a weird story...

Pattergen: This guy lives in Mass., I'm in NY.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
AlphaSnake said:
Shadow: I still wanna' see what these 7 entries in CarFax are. Also, the KBB value of the caris $7500 and he said he bought the car off of someone for $5000 and is selling it for 4500 now. It's just a weird story...

Pattergen: This guy lives in Mass., I'm in NY.
Well, the old adage is: If it's too good to be true, then. . .

fart

Savant
sounds like a salvage title. that's way too cheap.

any decent car forum will have someone who can run VINs

AlphaSnake

Justin Bailey said:
Well, the old adage is: If it's too good to be true, then. . .

Yep.

Fart, seems like it. This guy says the car's been involved in a fender bender and that's it.

ShadowRed

Banned
"Shadow: I still wanna' see what these 7 entries in CarFax are. Also, the KBB value of the caris $7500 and he said he bought the car off of someone for $5000 and is selling it for 4500 now. It's just a weird story..."

Well it must have a shitload of miles on it if KBB says it's worth 7500. I can't remember the name of the guy who got me my report. It was on the other board which is gone so I can't search for the post. Did the guy mention why he is selling it on the street? I would imagine that if nothing is wrong with it he could take it to any car lot and get what he's asking for, maybe more if they go by the KBB. Smells fishie to me watch out.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
ShadowRed said:
"Shadow: I still wanna' see what these 7 entries in CarFax are. Also, the KBB value of the caris $7500 and he said he bought the car off of someone for $5000 and is selling it for 4500 now. It's just a weird story..."

Well it must have a shitload of miles on it if KBB says it's worth 7500. I can't remember the name of the guy who got me my report. It was on the other board which is gone so I can't search for the post. Did the guy mention why he is selling it on the street? I would imagine that if nothing is wrong with it he could take it to any car lot and get what he's asking for, maybe more if they go by the KBB. Smells fishie to me watch out.
He says there are 85,00 miles on it.

Pattergen

ShadowRed said:

That's a good point.

Too good to be true. Plus, if it is that inexpensive, you think he could find a local buyer.

ShadowRed

Banned
"Yep.

Fart, seems like it. This guy says the car's been involved in a fender bender and that's it."

OMFG LOL!!!!!! Did he also tell you that it belonged to his elderly grandmother who only drove it 5 mile to and from work. Dude the more to add to the story the more it smell bad. Watch out.

fart

Savant
ShadowRed said:
"This guy is selling an 01 Civic EX Coupe (yuck, Honda) for 4500 and it's just making us raise eyebrows.

Anybody?"

WTF it should. Hondas are notorious for having high resale value. Go check Carmax and look up a 01 Civic EX it goes for something like 13,000, on the low end. http://www.carmax.com/dyn/searcheng...ModelLabel=Civic&Price=5&PriceLabel=Any+Price RED MOTHERFUCKING FLAG. See if the guy selling will let you take it to a mechanic to check it out. Also Carfax reports are overrated. I had a guy from the board look up a car I was looking at buying back in April and it cam out clean. I went to the dealer and he let me take it to a mechanic and he told me it had been in an accident and that the suspension was screwed on it and would cost me close to a thousand to fix. The accident never showed up on the Carfax report. The moral of the story don't rely on the Carfax have it check out by YOUR mechanic before commiting.
if the insurance company doesn't total it you won't see it on the carfax basically.

AlphaSnake

Well, I just checked the VIN and the car is pretty clean aside from a fender bender incident early in 2003. It was checked up regulalry, the mileage wasn't rolled back, and I spoke to the guy and he knows that the price is cheap and all. He's telling me he's taking a loss on the car because he's paying extra insurance on it (he owns a kick ass looking 93 Supra).

It's looking pretty hopefull, IMO. The car is valued at 7500 and 5000 is what he'd get if he were to trade it in at a dealership anyways.

fart

Savant
have it checked out by a mechanic you trust. if he passes it snap that mother up. was the supra pretty hot? mkv supras are like woah

AlphaSnake

fart said:
have it checked out by a mechanic you trust. if he passes it snap that mother up. was the supra pretty hot? mkv supras are like woah

It's a spice (like teh GameCube! hahaha kiddie! :p) colored MKIV. Soooooooooooooo hott.

robochimp

AlphaSnake said:
He did that quick CarFax report and it brought back SEVEN entries. That just doesn't sound good to me and I don't want him to buy a fugin' lemon. He doesn't either. This guy is selling an 01 Civic EX Coupe (yuck, Honda) for 4500 and it's just making us raise eyebrows.

Anybody?

The used car I just bought had 9 entries. None of them negative. They were just things like the mamufacture of the car, the sale of the car, the registration of the car, and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom