• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC) -- I can't stop playing...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Help me! I picked this up today at around 4. Came home and started playing at around 4:30. Played until 8 and stopped for 30 minutes. And back I went. It's past midnight now and this game is really rocking me right now. I love it so much. I like it more than Burnout 3. The car models are sooooo damn good. Playing this on the highest settings = Godly. The framerate is still 30, but I can tolerate it. I can't imagine how bad the console versions must look. The Xbox version should look alright, but the PS2 and GC must look like cock.

Anyways, who else picked this up?

i will be getting this soon for PC also. (probably wont play much at first cause of halo 2 and wow tho)

how is the AI? and does traffic just pop up out of nowhere?

also, do the ai cars still have weight like bricks to where when they hit traffic they just keep going right thru them unlike your car which, when hitting traffic, goes flying?

AlphaSnake

Fixed2BeBroken said:
i will be getting this soon for PC also. (probably wont play much at first cause of halo 2 and wow tho)

how is the AI? and does traffic just pop up out of nowhere?

also, do the ai cars still have weight like bricks to where when they hit traffic they just keep going right thru them unlike your car which, when hitting traffic, goes flying?

AI's improved. They don't just come out and fuck you at the very end anymore. They don't feel like bricks anymore. You can nudge them around a bit, and when they crash...they crash hard (you'll see this when you try to do 1000 feet outruns).

ElyrionX

AlphaSnake said:
AI's improved. They don't just come out and fuck you at the very end anymore.

Good to hear. That was one massive problem with the original. Anyway, I MIGHT pick up the Xbox version but I'm going to wait for more reviews and opinions to hit.

How much more does this game offer over the original? The tweaking/tuning system in the first one was way too generic. What's the point of having so many brands when they all give th same performance bonuses? How is it changed in this one? Are there performance trade-offs when choosing between brands of performance upgrades?

AlphaSnake

ElyrionX said:
Good to hear. That was one massive problem with the original. Anyway, I MIGHT pick up the Xbox version but I'm going to wait for more reviews and opinions to hit.

How much more does this game offer over the original? The tweaking/tuning system in the first one was way too generic. What's the point of having so many brands when they all give th same performance bonuses? How is it changed in this one? Are there performance trade-offs when choosing between brands of performance upgrades?

Dude. NFSU2 offers tons more over the original. The tweaking system is fantastic! You can adjust your suspension now, you can adjust your ECU to distribute torque and determine where you want your powerband to be, you can adjust the length/power of your nitrous shots (the longer you can use your shot, the less HP you're using out of it). I know there's tons more you can adjust, I've just yet to discover it. There are no performance trade-offs...but you can now purchase upgrades out of a package. So if you're short $300 for an engine package, you can just by the parts you want from it seperately.

Oooh, and the dyno? Man, it's the coolest damn thing ever. I never thought I'd see a real dyno in a racing game. If GT4 doesn't make it out this year, then this is by far the racing game of the year. This game is really holding me off for GT4 thanks to the millions of revisions made. It's NOT the same game anymore.

COCKLES

being watched
Good EA game? DOES....NOT.....COMPUTE! Pszzaabusttttttttt bssttZ1!!!!!!!!!"£!!!!!!!!"£2839479234573948579834759345347594776293479vv ndzv'aefup29085r8tgey78gt3489ygdfgv9823479213 478923479237489237!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, NFSU looked best on PS2 followed by Xbox and then GC - unless the dev teams have changed at all - I'm not sure if the Xbox version would actually look the best

mumu

Does it still have the bug of the first part where it freezes for about a quarter second once in a while?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
tehrik-e-insaaf said:
If I remember correctly, NFSU looked best on PS2 followed by Xbox and then GC - unless the dev teams have changed at all - I'm not sure if the Xbox version would actually look the best

According to IGN its PC >= Xbox > PS2 >> GC this time around. The GC version has frame rate issues that bring down the visuals.

AlphaSnake

tehrik-e-insaaf said:

I seriously don't remember the Xbox version looking better than the PS2 version. Anyways, I'm still playing this game non-stop. I'm in love. This game is waaaay too much fun.

Mumu: Nope. Smooth as butter. Lack of 60fps makes me a little sad, but I can tolerate the 30.

MutFox

Banned
Yes, this game ROCKS!!
Can't stop PLAYING, I stayed up till 7am, which isn't normal for me.
We gotta have a thread where we show our tricked out rides.
Oh, and I too have the PC version... (Guess I'll be seeing you ONLINE.)
:D

AlphaSnake

Game of the year. I'm beyond addicted. I woke up at 1. Played this until 7. A total of 5 hours, since I took some breaks. I'm leaving soon so I had to stop. =(

G
O
T
Y

Thanks, EA! =D

Brofist

I'll have to check it out. NFSU for the PC killed the other versions last time around, so doesn't suprise me.

Alf

Banned
Anyone got tips on drifting? They've made it harder to do since the first one and i'm having a bit of trouble with lack of skill. The only time I can hold a drift for any length of time is pull the hand brake and let it drift and hopefully not hit anything but that method doesn't get me much points at all.

AlphaSnake

3 more hours. This game owns my life. I purposely cut short my day out tonight just so I can play some more. I've NEVER done that.

Awesome. I think I'll go rent this for xbox tomorrow. What are you using for controls Alpha? And is it cheaper for pc? That may sway me.

AlphaSnake

captainbiotch said:
Awesome. I think I'll go rent this for xbox tomorrow. What are you using for controls Alpha? And is it cheaper for pc? That may sway me.

Cheaper for PC. And I'm using the Logitech Dual Action pad.

AlphaSnake

Mareg said:
Pray, pray hard that it doesn't loose calibration... they all do after a while (if not right out of the box).

3 months and it still loves me. Who cares, anyways? It was only $15.

AlphaSnake

Hehe, yeah I'm not too worried. If it breaks, I'll get another one.

Top Bottom