• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Underground 2 screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920467_20040715_screen001.jpg

920467_20040715_screen002.jpg

920467_20040715_screen003.jpg

920467_20040715_screen004.jpg

920467_20040715_screen005.jpg

920467_20040715_screen006.jpg

920467_20040715_screen007.jpg

920467_20040715_screen008.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AndreasNystrom said:
need for speed porsche was the last NFS i liked..

NFS - RIP.

Wha? Have you actually TRIED Underground (hell, what about HP2 on PS2...a game which blows away the later PSX games)? NFSU is actually an extremely fun, albeit different, game.

Need 4 Speed: HP2 for ps2 was one of the best racing games ever made... fuck this underground fast and furious wannabe shit.

Alcibiades

This has a shot chance of being the best selling racing game this holiday season, even if those screens aren't the best ones...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wario64 said:
Huh? Gran Turismo 4?

He said it "has a shot" and he is correct. GT4 will probably outsell it, but there is a chance that NFSU2 could take the #1 spot...especially if the combine sales from all consoles. If it can't claim first place, though, you KNOW it will take second.

"If I were to get NFSU1, which version should I go for? PS2 or Xbox?"

Well, that depends...

If you have a prog-scan TV, get it for XBOX...if not, get it for PS2. The PS2 version looks more impressive in motion, I believe, as a result of superior blurring techniques (though not everyone seems to be able to see what I'm talking about). The XBOX version, however, runs in a higher resolution (480p).

Alcibiades

Wario64 said:
Huh? Gran Turismo 4?

I was going mention this and Forza seems that seems to be the hype going around, but last year, NFS: Underground sales surprised me big time and they were the #1 selling game for December on the PS2, so I imagine that GT this time around is going to have some serious competition for those looking for a racing game (at $50 a piece, not every game is going to be chosen), and plus the added bonus of having 3 consoles, plus the fact that GCN and XBox software sales have been flat/up, while PS2 sales have been down YOY, and I'd say EA has a monster on it's hands, especially since the the last one did really well without the benefit of a predecessor...

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Best selling racing games this holiday seasons (in decending order)

1. NFSU2 (multiplatform)
2. Burnout 3 (multiplatform) (could severely cannibalize NFSU though)
3. GT4 (single platform)

Pimpbaa

Kabuki Waq said:
Need 4 Speed: HP2 for ps2 was one of the best racing games ever made... fuck this underground fast and furious wannabe shit.

No it wasn't, it was terrible. Terrible graphics, terrible music, fustrating gameplay. Burnout 2 was a much better game.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Underground #1 was fun, screw the haterz, I look forward to #2. Even though I do miss the regular NfS series.... <sniff>

Come on Black Box get two separate teams working on these or at least start alternating years.....

robot

Kabuki Waq said:

Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) was an incredible game. Even with NFS:U, they still should have made a HP3. Most fun I've had with a racer since Daytona.

Wulfer

Oh my gosh call the doctor DarienA and Wulfer both miss the original NFS (and agree on something). Peace can come to the world now. :)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
WULFER said:
Oh my gosh call the doctor DarienA and Wulfer both miss the original NFS (and agree on something). Peace can come to the world now. :)

Human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

What happened? The pictures in the first post of this thread changed from when they were first posted. Did Gamespot overwrite the same filenames with different pictures? I think so.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Error Macro said:
What happened? The pictures in the first post of this thread changed from when they were first posted. Did Gamespot overwrite the same filenames with different pictures? I think so.

lol, I just noticed that... I was going through my first post and was like "When the fuck did I make this thread?" The first screenshots were clean screenshots from EA...which makes my post (and Alphasnake's post) look out of place

That's strange, the previous pictures that were orignally posted can't be found on their site anymore

Top Bottom