• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some help from some Xbots

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Hey Xdudes. Do any of you own a MadCatz Xbox controller? I'm in need of some controllers and I'd like any thoughts/impressions on the MadCatz brand. Also, are there any sites that review third party peripherals that you know of? Any help would be most welcome.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Laguna X said:
Hey Xdudes. Do any of you own a MadCatz Xbox controller? I'm in need of some controllers and I'd like any thoughts/impressions on the MadCatz brand. Also, are there any sites that review third party peripherals that you know of? Any help would be most welcome.

I have a Logitech which works damned good. I got it at Circuit City a few months ago. Works like a dream. I like the way the "handles" are designed, alot thinner then the X-Box controller.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
How are the sticks on the Logitech pad? Is it as sturdy as the ones on the standard controller? Do you remember if it cost less than the standard controllers?

I'm thinking about getting the Mad Catz Control Pad (not the control pad pro). I'm also looking at but am not too sure about the smaller Mad Catz controller. It looks nice and all, but may be too small. I prefer the original Xbox controller more so than the smaller S-controller.

My biggest concerns are sturdy sticks and cost.

Dave Long

Banned
I've got two. One has a broken trigger and the both of them are so fucking big that I have to set them on my lap to use 'em like a joystick.

Ok...maybe not that big.

I'm not really a fan. If you like the Duke, the size is about the same on the MadCatz I have. Maybe it's even bigger than the Duke? The face buttons are reasonable. The triggers are pretty lame. They have a strange feel to them and lack enough travel. The left analog is ok. The right one doesn't seem as good for some reason even though it's a similar stick. The crosspad is big and when it's worn it feels like mud.

The S-Controller is better IMO. But really, I have to try out a bunch of Xbox controllers because neither the MadCatz or the S is completely satisfying to me and the Duke is just too damn big.

Top Bottom