• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

8 months down. 4 to go. Time flies! It's almost crazy holiday time!

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

jbiEFjdBhYlIgU.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

Here are some of my favorite pickups from August!

d88b64ce0f0111e3be5722000a1fac35_7.jpg

Got a great deal on TWO Namco Arcade sticks off eBay for $57! YOW! My favorite stick of all time (to use)!

9f2871b80b7811e3803822000ae90265_7.jpg

Early prototype Razer Arcade Stick. This model was the same style/build of their initial TGS announcement model!

563592_10151653601913883_814176959_n.jpg

One of the first Mad Catz Arcade FightStick KE units out! Stress testing!

1185115_10151641762103883_69045045_n.jpg

Some awesome TEKKEN stickers from the US Global Tournament Qualifiers!

11147_10151633330343883_480871580_n.jpg

Got my Earthbound clear protective case! Yay!

20801_10151634866783883_46250889_n.jpg

Some new flicks to watch...

1001213_10151620620318883_1919973762_n.jpg

'Blacktoe' Air Jordan 1s !

1003336_10151623300498883_1820468843_n.jpg

Street Fighter X Sanrio backpack for my daughter!

1011420_10151620902433883_153145631_n.jpg

Steal of the month! The entire collection of JJBA manga (English)!

What'd you get in August? Let's go September!

Lemstar

3DS (black) - found it for cheap on Craigslist. Not pictured: eShop copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening that I system transferred to my XL.

Razer Blackwidow Tenkeyless - $40 shipped from Microsoft. I don't like the clicky switches as much as the silent blacks on my old keyboard (Steelseries 6Gv2), but getting rid of the numpad more than doubled the space for my mouse.

Tekken Hybrid black TE-S

Some games - finished my physical set of Ace Attorney localized games and picked up Nocturne from Amazon Warehouse; SoulSilver and Strange Journey were <$10 from Best Buy, and Pandora's Tower was $14 at GameStop.

Catherine CE

Tales of Xillia CE + LE

Digital pickups - Skullgirls, Journey, and Tokyo Jungle from the PAX PSN sale, and Skullgirls and Divekick on Steam.

One of my most recent pickups!

npQgDQR.jpg

Got really lucky, got the very last one at the store! :D Can't believe how much these are going for online.

Pringler

September is off to a good start!

Got myself a 46" Samsung+ Wallmount and a Sonos Playbar
samsung.jpg

Then I traded in my Macbook Air for an 2010, 21,5" iMac with 12 GB Ram, 180 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD

imac.jpg

And to top it of a Play:3 for my home office
play3.jpg

Already posted in the other thread, but here:

Benjamin (chinese artist) signed Poster:

CcYySy9.jpg

And an umbrella based on one of his picture:

x0NZcOd.jpg

And one of those "personal" coca-colas for me and my gf:

fCPbOfz.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
just grabbed this yesterday. Sammy UN60F7100 60" 3Dtv. Can't wait to try some next gen goodness on it

Yasawas

With a job that keeps me busy and GTA V out this month, clearly this was a fine time to get into the Zelda series. I don't know what brought it on but having completed Ocarina back in 1999 I bought Link's Awakening recently and finished it last week then went a bit nuts.

Australian version I think, awful ratings logo ruining a far better cover than the UK got:

iFPM2sBHl3ZJa.jpg

I've also become a guy who buys video game soundtracks apparently. Also picked up a surprising GOTY contender on impulse, absolutely loving it so far:

in7XN4OMlqj6e.jpg

I only buy US and Japanese DS games because I'm a dick and I prefer their boxes but I got a really sweet deal on these from eBay. I finally found a StarFox cheap enough to buy too:

iRavtdwyYmEXV.jpg

Adidas will never make a shoe to top the distressed brown leather Chile 62s I bought back in 2007 but these will have to do for now:

ijAnOxicStziU.jpg

D-e-f-

Banned
Australian version I think, awful ratings logo ruining a far better cover than the UK got:

iFPM2sBHl3ZJa.jpg

It's just the second non-special edition print run. All PAL copies have this cover in that run.
Australia had the gold-cover special edition with the music CD, too!

Was going to just pick up New Super Luigi U and i noticed they had a sale on blurays.

QXFBrSG.jpg

$29 (Regular Price)

B9QMSab.jpg

$10

3AfNciT.jpg

Jack Reacher $10

PS+ was $39 at best buy and i bought this only to apply it on launch day to my PS4.

I do not need it for PS3.

EyH2f4o.jpg

$14

canocha

Got a few things late last month and forgot to post them:

vE9s6pg.jpg

• Hanzo (Dreamcast VGA-Box);
  • Pokemon Rumble U - Special Edition;
  • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (weird its PAL 5 Languages, but its stuck in French mode);
  • Mega Man Anniversary Collection;
  • The Legend of Zelda gashapon.

Also Kirby Collection from AwRy108:

F6T5bgD.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Splinter Cell Blacklist. Really would prefer the PC version - but Uplay and the fact that I couldn't trade it in steered me away. Surprisingly, Blacklist is actually pretty darn good. It really brings back a lot of the choices and gadgets from the first game. I'm only on the third mission or so, but I'm quite pleased.

9637671873_8ba52802ce_b.jpg

Couple strategy guides:

9637670647_4796c8b2c1_b.jpg

Found a perfect condition used Halo 4 LE while out and about on the cheap. It's the version I originally wanted, but couldn't snag it before release.

9637671415_c38b187699_b.jpg

Only my second 3D movie after Tron; but it's a good one!

9637672689_98819c8a2a_b.jpg

TWO(!) days in a row, I forgot a pair of shorts before work so I could hit the gym, so I ended up running by Dicks next door and grabbing a pair real fast. D'oh! Also got some new resistance bands for when I travel.

9637670215_9b97f1bb94_b.jpg

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Got some new stuff a few days ago.

First, I've replaced my 4 year old 23" 1080p monitor/tv with a 27" 2560x1440 IPS monitor. It's a cheap monitor directly from South Korea that uses the exact panels used in the Apple Cinema Displays. For $300.

It's the Qnix QX2710. Bought it from green-sum on eBay.

Pictures don't do it justice. It has to be seen in person. Amazing color and picture quality at a resolution of 2560x1440. Games look crunchy sharper and the space for productivity has skyrocketed through the roof. It's the best monitor I ever had.

OA1gSjl.jpg

Also, I've got the official complete works book for Mega Man 25th Anniversary. 432 pages of Mega Man bliss. Yes, I'm a big fan of Mega Man. I've played and beat most them back when I was a little kid. I remember having notebooks full of passwords for Mega Man 1-6 (since there wasn't a save system back then).

The book is of very high quality paper. Very colorful as expected. It has everything on Mega Man, mainly for the 'classic' and the 'X' series. It has some 'Battle' and 'Legend' series artwork as well. Udon and Capcom made a great job on the book.

5BPK1iv.jpg

9xOnuxF.jpg

VefFWex.jpg

QMn9RC6.jpg

frh70Zc.jpg

Colonel

Neo Member
picked up these two games this morning for $15! Batman has not even been opened.

imgres

imgres

Well again the pictures didnt upload, so the two games are batman arkham asylum and battlefield 3.

thefit

MVS cab upgraded to unibios also not shown inside I also dropped in the atomiswave wave board I purchased last month.

iBf3BlGZChUbr.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Finally picked up this beauty. Also got $60 worth of Shoppers Points which will be worth even more on a bonus redemption day. Now to hunt down a 32GB memory card....

G2qgCzF.jpg

Some of my recent pick-ups:

The signed God of War:Ascension art book.
This is a massive and truly impressive book. For sure, it's highly recommended to anyone that loves videogame artbooks. This book here puts most other artbooks to shame.

DSC04296444.jpg

DSC043171.jpg

DSC043153.jpg

DSC04325000.jpg

DSC043222222.jpg

DSC0431911.jpg

DSC04324222.jpg

DSC043202222.jpg

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04211.jpg

As you can see, this is the rare Borderlands 2 press kit. This is easily one of the neatest pieces of Borderlands memorabilia in existence. The best part of the kit is easily the "big box"-style PC box. The art and overall retro style of the package make for a killer display piece.

From what I understand, the floppies actually contain a playable 16-bit game on it called "The Border Lands"! So maybe that's the coolest part of the kit? lol

I do believe that the game is playable for free online; so anyone, anywhere, at any time can actually play it. You don't need this press kit to enjoy the game. :)

I do believe that this kit is a true rarity. I only know of a handful of these that exist; though I'm sure that many,many more were produced. I can't imagine, however, that very many of these were actually made. I would imagine that maybe only a few hundred were made. Though, again, I really have no way of knowing how many were actually made.

I think they were made exclusively for the European media outlets; though I haven't researched this well enough to know whether this is indeed the case. I'm sure it's possible for other markets like Australia to have received these kits.

Now sadly, I do believe that my kit is missing a few bits and pieces. think it's missing a couple floppies and possibly a foldout poster. But, again, given how rare this kit is, I'm still happy with what I have. I wouldn't hesitate to call it one of the best pieces in my collection; and it's for sure one of the best pieces in my little Borderlands collection.

I also wanted to show this neat little detail on the package. There's a typical barcode on the side of the box as you can see in the picture below:

DSC04208.jpg

However, when you look at the barcode at an angle, you see this:

DSC04201.jpg

lol. In case you can't read it clearly, it says "This is not real. This is not real" lol

Lost Planet 3 promo poster:
DSC04214.jpg

ESO giclee. I believe this was designed by a fan:
DSC04265.jpg

Fallout giclee. This one actually looks great in person. It's certainly a beauty:
DSC042501.jpg

Rad Absorption perk shirt. It glows in the dark! lol :
DSC042941.jpg
]

Finally, the 25th anniversary Mega Man statue. I was debating on whether to actually pick this one up. I'm sure glad I choose to get it. It's a great looking little figure. The quality is pretty good too. It had some glue (presumably from production) all over it, but it cleaned up perfectly well. :

DSC042741.jpg

DSC040571.jpg

and it lights up!

DSC042891.jpg

Some Final Fantasy fabric banner/poster:
DSC04227.jpg

That's about it for now guys. Take care eveyone.

Coconut

Banned
Revisiting TPSs: the good, the bad, and the slightly less bad. Some B and C tier shooter recommendations would be welcome. Accessories, adventures, and a Grasshopper game

vw88aGpl.jpg

lEpE6N3l.jpg

4meNe5zl.jpg

fv7kYQil.jpg

Winchester Mystery House

jGW6oc5l.jpg

g636upPl.jpg

83WJv8wl.jpg

BigMike

Neo Member
picked up these two games this morning for $15! Batman has not even been opened.

imgres

imgres

Well again the pictures didnt upload, so the two games are batman arkham asylum and battlefield 3.

I was going to say use "Preview Post" button before posting so you can see if your images are working. But in doing so I realize you're just trying to post cover art pictures off of google images. The point of all this is to post pictures you took of your own loot. Re-using pictures from googles image is strictly forbidden.

Month started out kind of crappy....brand new car was T-Boned...luckily everyone was ok but I'm without my car for two months and now have to deal with depreciated value...meh
MHC2xBal.jpg

Month got better into today (Birthday Month!!!)
haRA6JQl.jpg

Famitsu w/ Sega Encyclopedia (thanks Pylon) and an XL in perfect condition for $129...couldn't pass up

Got to get away to San Fran/LA
iTqopbnl.jpg
<- Ink not pictured and no she wasn't in...lol

T1ZLTFRl.jpg
<- as a former employee, felt good to hit up the old stomping grounds...

Got our kitchen finally complete....
nWA1Qucl.jpg
<-not pictured new dishwasher...LG stainless

Been wanting a pair of Shoiners and for $98...could not pass a deal up
6snIphCl.jpg

and new running shoes as I'm going TDY for a couple months...
TT03HF2l.jpg

Throwback to the kukuni's

Next up with be Killzone vita and ma berfffday!!!!!!!

-Namco Museum Volume 3 (PlayStation)
-Rayman (PlayStation)
-Hot Shots Golf 3 (PlayStation 2)
-NBA 2K3 (PlayStation 2)
-NHL 2002 (Xbox)
-Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (Xbox 360)

$50 for all of them at Play N Trade. Probably gonna pick up Rayman Legends and Saints Row IV soon.

This is actually my third version of the original Rayman...I also own Rayman Forever on PC, and the PlayStation Network version. I bought it again anyway, because I love that game so damn much. Can't wait to pick up Rayman Legends on the Wii U!

I also already have Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package on PC, but the performance is really bad (game runs at half speed or less whenever I'm outside) even after upgrades, so I just went out and got the Xbox 360 version. The game is too damn good to be played in slowmo. Will also be getting Saints Row IV on Xbox 360.

Random Pickups from Sac Anime:

9986DA68-2F82-46B6-BACA-14FB5717CF14-2242-000001685C7EA87A_zps41ee87a8.jpg

The Fancy Pikachu is handmade from someone from Artist Alley. What's not shown in full is Pikachu's top hat.

isual

just bought Rome 2, Leviathan warships, and Dead space 3 from the origin bundle...

btw, can someone PM if imgr is ok to use when posting pics ? thanks

raarFit.jpg

Anth0ny

I don't usually post in pick up threads, but my August was kind of insane.

First off, two of the greatest steals of my life thanks to the wonders of price matching:

ihSgutHvtNlCb.JPG

You wanna see the receipts???

idG3UaGZQyQf3.JPG

ibwA71LcLcVeyG.JPG

FutureShop E3 pre-order games started coming in, only $20 and $26 each:

jF1RnuFoytMYo.JPG
jxdVithUijIXV.JPG

Another giant source of unnecessary money spending is the annual Toronto Fan Expo, basically our Comic Con equivalent. When I couldn't find the $200 Spider-Man figure I was looking for, I said fuck it and picked up a bunch of Spidey comics:

jbmt3Ajt9NwKoE.JPG

jbbvfaXdG6KldR.JPG

The omnibus was only $60, the reprints of the classic ASM issues were $5 or less, and surprisingly, the Spider-Man #700 was $20. Apparently it's the first print of it and it's been out of print for a while, so I figured I better pick it up now before the value starts to skyrocket. Honestly, I just liked the cover.

Games too, of course:

jbzDsLAAdwbaYC.JPG

I managed to find Metroid: Zero Mission for only $40 in pretty much mint condition with its box, manual and everything. It was my most wanted GBA game, so I was super happy that I happened to stumble upon it.

I'm also slowly expanding my SNES collection, which currently consists of Super Mario All Stars + World, Super Metroid, and now, Final Fantasy II. Cost me $40, but I heard it's good. Never played a Final Fantasy for more than 10 minutes, but I'm really gonna give this one a chance, as I've only heard good things, and that it's a good starting point for a Final Fantasy noob like myself. Exciting!

Also, I got a picture with Stan Lee. Finally got to cross that one off the bucket list, the picture came out really good too ^_^

Superman the complete animated series for only $20 on Amazon. INSTABUY.

It was also my birthday last month and my girlfriend bought me the complete Dragon Ball GT box set. Pretty awesome...

... but even more awesome, she got me a Green Ranger figure! S.H Figurearts, can't go wrong...

... but possibly the best gift, I also received a poseable Spider-Man toy. I am having WAY too much fun with this thing. So much better than some silly $200 statue. Here he is with Woody:

^_^

Some other random stuff:

i5a9AIIKru7X8.JPG

I found those Star Wars books at a Good Will for $1 a pop. One of them looks like it came out in 1976, before the original film was released in theatres. Neat!

I also finally picked up some new housing for my PSP, whose screen has been scratched to hell for at least 4 years at this point. Gotta love that early 2000s, transparent console swag.

And last, but certainly not least (ESPECIALLY in the price department)...

jbbS5wnK06NJE7.JPG

I chose to give myself a birthday gift. A Sega CDX. It was not cheap, go ahead and check the eBay prices. But it IS awesome. I've always wanted this thing for some reason, and now that I have it, I gotta say, it's pretty terrific. Also, very small. Which is a good thing. Genesis was actually my first video game console, but now I'm really going to start collecting some of the classics I missed.

The console came with a few games:

jL0F0axdUtirA.JPG

I also picked up a 6 button controller on ebay, supposedly mint in box...

What's wrong with this picture? It's not a huge deal, as the controller included is still an official controller, and was in absolute mint condition, but still a strange mix up.

All in all, quite a busy month for me. Better start reading/playing/watching some of these bad boys before the gaming rush kicks off later this month!

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Iron Man 3 Tetris for $9 and MS points for Castle of Illusion

Hatsune Miku & Famicon GBA SP

Assortment of Blu-Rays

Projector for the gaming nights when the big screen is just not big enough

Kainazzo

I chose to give myself a birthday gift. A Sega CDX. It was not cheap, go ahead and check the eBay prices. But it IS awesome. I've always wanted this thing for some reason, and now that I have it, I gotta say, it's pretty terrific. Also, very small. Which is a good thing. Genesis was actually my first video game console, but now I'm really going to start collecting some of the classics I missed.

Congrats! The CDX is my favorite Genesis- it's so tiny! Did it come with an original power supply too? Those in themselves can be pricey if you ever need to replace them, though recently a good third-party one came out. Don't use a Model 2 or PS2 supply, they'll damage it over time.

Also, pray it never ever breaks, as it's a pain to open and work with. Other than that, enjoy an awesome piece of engineering :D!

Ban Puncher

5Le3RoT.jpg

Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded PC - Remember finding the original LSL disk in my dad's sock drawer back around 1988, most of the game flew over my stupid kid head but I knew I wasn't supposed to be playing it. Fuck the police. Had to back the Kickstarter - never forget Alt+X at the title screen.
Pinball Arcade Terminator 2 iOS - Another Kickstarter reward.
Killer is Dead 360 & PS3 - Gigolo GET
Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F PS3 - No retail release for PAL so imported from the US.

D-e-f-

Banned
alienmariobvsbe.jpg

toadanothercastleyws4q.jpg

fireflytardis8qsf1.jpg

bought some nerd shirts for myself ... I just dug the designs and had an irrational desire to spend money on them.

Top Bottom