• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classics Vol. 2

explodet

Tomorrow on the 25th four new NES Classics titles will be released: Metroid, Dr. Mario, Zelda 2, and Castlevania.

The official site has 4 new wallpapers.

Zelda 2: http://www.nesclassics.com/downloads/cnes_wp8_800.jpg
Castlevania: http://www.nesclassics.com/downloads/cnes_wp6_800.jpg
Dr. Mario: http://www.nesclassics.com/downloads/cnes_wp9_800.jpg
Metroid: http://www.nesclassics.com/downloads/cnes_wp7_800.jpg

And here's a LTD summary of the NES Classics line so far:
Code:
SUPER MARIO CLASSIC   	$4,667,061  	244,565
ZELDA CLASSIC    	$3,833,418  	198,848
DONKEY KONG CLASSIC  	$2,431,480  	130,997
PAC-MAN CLASSIC         $1,159,867  	62,225  
EXCITEBIKE CLASSIC      $1,041,899  	55,530 
ICE CLIMBER CLASSIC     $294,350  	16,522  
BOMBERMAN CLASSIC       $261,786  	14,101
XEVIOUS CLASSIC         $168,827  	9,124

TOTAL			$13,858,688	731,912

jarrod

Banned
Hopefully they'll go for a Round 3 also. I'd like Kid Icarus and The Lost Levels myself... I was dissapointed when NOA announced Series 2 only containing 4 games, but seeing the sales of Ice Climbers, Bomberman and Xevious I can understand why.

Oh and Zelda 2 is a must purchase... Castlevania as well but less so. Metroid seems like a waste though after Zero Mission.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I picked up Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Ice Climber, and Excitebike last time, and plan on getting Zelda 2, Castlevania, and Metroid this time.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Why the hell would anyone pay $20 for Metroid, when you can get Zero Mission for $5 more and it includes the original in it?

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I already have all of these games and, with the exception of Castlevania, have multiple copies.

Zelda 2 - original NES cart & Zelda: Collectors Edition
Dr. Mario - original NES cart TWICE (I don't know where the second came from) & 2003 GCN demo disc
Metroid - original NES cart (traded for it with a candy bar :) ), Metroid Prime, & Metroid Zero Mission

I want Kid Icarus!

LakeEarth

Yeah Metroid doesn't make any sense. Buy Zero Mission... or not, unlock the game in Prime and transfer it to your GBA (though you can't turn it off).

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
CVXFREAK said:
I'm personally not interested in any of the four. I wish they brought over Super Mario Bros. 2, however. :(

Mario 2 is the first Super Mario Advance. Should still be fairly easy to find I would think.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I haven't bought any of the NES classics yet...but I might snag the Zeldas and Castlevania. I really wish that Nintendo would have given these games Mario All-Stars style remakes. If they had done that I would have probably bought every single one of them sans PacMan and Metroid (because Pacman Collection has an arranged mode and ZM is already a remake).

I want Kid Icarus, Star Tropics, Ducktales, and all 6 Megamans damn it!!

ManaByte

Gold Member
MrCheez said:
Mario 2 is the first Super Mario Advance. Should still be fairly easy to find I would think.

He's talking about Super Mario Brothers 2jp. It was released here as The Lost Levels.

Super Mario Brothers 2us was Doki Doki Panic in Japan.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've got Zelda 2 on the GC Collector disc. I've got Dr Mario on NES, GB and basically in Wario Ware. I've got Metroid in Metroid: Zero Mission.

Castlevania is the only maybe for me.

I'd love for Kid Icarus and Balloon Fight to come over though. I'd buy those.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
ManaByte said:
He's talking about Super Mario Brothers 2jp. It was released here as The Lost Levels.

Super Mario Brothers 2us was Doki Doki Panic in Japan.

Ahhh, duh, shoulda realized.

You know, that just makes me think of Mario All Stars... and when I think of that, I remember how ridiculous it is that Nintendo released every Mario game separately on GBA. =P

Mejilan

I already have Zero Mission. Why would I buy that again when I can just get Metroid? ;p

snapty00

Banned
Meh, all those suck. Where are the games like Tecmo Bowl and shit like that? At the very least, it'd be better to have games that I can't already get elsewhere. Those four are basically worthless, aside from possibly Castlevania.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I find this entire 'Classics' line entirely disgusting, it's corporate vampirism reaching new lows.

Still, I'm all over a portable Zelda 2 and Castlevania.

Mejilan

Brandon F said:
I find this entire 'Classics' line entirely disgusting, it's corporate vampirism reaching new lows.

I never really understood this mentality. It's not like you HAVE to buy them. Or like they drained resources from other projects.

Castlevania hasn't really aged well. Its S-L-O-W as fuck. I know it sort of goes against the "NES Classics" thing, but i wish Konami would have just stuck all 3 NES CVs on one cart. Even better, with updated Super CV4 graphics to boot!

I'll get Zelda 2, since I dont have the Zelda Compliation Disc, and never had Zelda 2 for the NES. Yeah.

I still need to beat Zelda 1 though....doh.

snapty00

Banned
Castlevania: Zero Mission!

Well, no, it wouldn't be called that, but you get my idea. Hell, even let that R&D group make it if they want to do so. :D

Jumpman

ManaByte said:
Why the hell would anyone pay $20 for Metroid, when you can get Zero Mission for $5 more and it includes the original in it?

I have Zero Mission and Prime, as well as the Zelda Compilation, yet I'm still buying all 4 classic nes series II games. :D I know that I'm sick, but I don't care, I'm still buying them.

Brandon F said:

Still, I'm all over a portable Zelda 2 and Castlevania.

Ha ha, I couldn't have said it better. But I'm such a whore for anything Castlevania or Zelda related. Too bad it isn't the Chronicles version of Castlevania though. The NES one is just too easy...

I'm getting Metroid (for collection sake) and Castlevania. Not paying $20 for Dr. Mario. Will import Kid Icarus and Mario 2 now. Fuck you NOA.

Xellos

Considering the age of these games and the fact that emulation is involved, Nintendo should be releasing these at $20 for a dozen, not $20 per title.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
PocketNES doesn't do Zelda 2 very well. Thus I will probably get Zelda 2 cause that game ownz.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
same old shit

(am I referring to nintendo or the complainers?!? mysteryyy)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Nintendo should price the games so as to make as much money as possible, as that is its duty to its shareholders. And considering the sales of Series 1, I think they succeded. I know I got my money's worth from Excitebike and will buy Castlevania.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I will not buy any of these unless they were $10 or cheaper. I would love to have portable renditions of these games however.

LakeEarth

The funniest part of those sales is that the ones that sold the most are the ones you can already easily find. Super Mario Bros DX is out there, there's a PacMan collection out there, the GB version of DK has the first 4 levels of DK + 100 more.... it's the ones like Ice Climbers and Xevious that you can't get. Sad.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo continues to whore!!!
I mean Metroid? They should of Coloured Metroid 2 and released it!

I would love to see snow bros!!!!!!!!!

Also why buy super Mario classic when you can buy Super Mario Bros DX (with lost levels!)

Drakken

I might pick up Castlevania & possibly Zelda II. It would be nice if they were $10; $20 is an awful lot for 1 NES game...

AeroGod

I might actually get Zelda 2, even though it goes against everything I stand for. Damn you Nintendo stop taking my Money!@!! You know my weakness.

I've been seeing a lot of the Series 1 for $14.99, which I think is a little better, but it's only for non-Nintendo developed games like Pac-Man, Bomberman, etc. They should ALL be $14.99.

Baron

Do The Mario said:
Also why buy super Mario classic when you can buy Super Mario Bros DX (with lost levels!)

Why? I'll tell you why. Because Super Mario Bros. DX is a GBC game, meaning when you play it on your GBA you get the following wonderful features you fail to mention:

- An inch of excess gray plastic sticking out on the bottom of your system

- A screen roughly 2/3 the size of the GBA. Squashed, for her pleasure.

- No game...period. Super Mario DX is now out of print and unavailable at retail.

That's why you buy the NES Classic release of Super Mario Bros., sucker.

And if you suggest playing it on a GBC, I'll personally come to your house and force you to watch The Wizard.

Jesus, some people.

Just what kind of sales were Nintendo expecting out of Ice Climber, Bomberman, and Xevious anyway?

Kid Icarus, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Mario 2, and Adventure Island would all fare much better.

Ah well. At least we have portable Castlevania.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I am watching the wizzard now!

Super mario bros DX is much more polished then classic you are forgetting to mention all the extra features in dx!

Hi Score Challenge
Lost Levels (a whole 2nd game for free)
Ghost Challenge
New items in the game world in challenge mode red coins and yohsi eggs!

Im sure most people could find a cheap copy!

jarrod

Banned
Quick Famicom Mini list...

Famicom Mini Volume 1
-Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
-Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
-Ice Climber (Nintendo)
-Excitebike (Nintendo)
-Zelda no Densetsu 1 (Nintendo)
-Pac-Man (Namco)
-Xevious (Namco)
-Mappy (Namco)
-Bomberman (Hudson)
-Star Soldier (Hudson)

Famicom Mini Volume 2
-Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
-Clu Clu Land (Nintendo)
-Balloon Fight (Nintendo)
-Wrecking Crew (Nintendo)
-Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
-Dig-Dug (Namco)
-Takahashi Meijin Bouken Shima (Hudson)
-Makaimura (Capcom)
-Twinbee (Konami)
-Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu (Konami)

Famicom Mini Volume 3: Disk System Selection
-Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
-Nazo no Murasamejou (Nintendo)
-Metroid (Nintendo)
-Hikari Shinwa: Palutena no Kagame (Nintendo)
-Zelda no Densetsu 2: Link no Bouken (Nintendo)
-Famicom Mukashi Banashi: Shin Oni Ga Shima Zengo Ken (Nintendo)
-Famicom Tantei Club: Kieta Koukeisha Zengo Ken (Nintendo)
-Famicom Tantei Club Part 2: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo Zengo Ken (Nintendo)
-Akumajou Dracula (Konami)
-SD Gundam World Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars (Bandai)

Famicom Mini Limited Edition
-Mobile Suit Z Gundam Hot Scramble (Bandai)
-Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen (Banpresto)

...just to see what we're missing. :(

Top Bottom