• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter Nights 2, Baldur's Gate 3 in the works!!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If Bioware isn't involved, I am not interested and with Jade Empire/Dragon Empires there is a good chance that they are not the developers.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
BG3 is probobly Jefferson,Interplay gave to some other developer to finish i guess.
Since Bioware stated there is no NWN2,i suppose they mean Dragon Age.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Schafer said:
If Bioware isn't involved, I am not interested and with Jade Empire/Dragon Empires there is a good chance that they are not the developers.

That's a little hasty. I mean, I know Bioware pretty much guarantees quality, but their absence doesn't conversely guarantee crapiness :p

Vieo

BG3 AND NWN2? Oh shyt! I think my head is gonna explode!

I just rebought Baldur's Gate 2(collection, I never played the expansion). I'm going through the entire series all over again. I just wish I could get my hands on Tales of the Sword coast.

Anyway, if they've got the games mixed up, hopefully one out the two of them are correct. I think I'll start saving to upgrade my system now. Too much good stuff on the way not to.

Is Dragon Age even based on D&D? I thought it wasn't.

Edit: Yup, Dragon Age is based on a new ruleset. I really doubt they would make a NWN sequel that wasn't D&D when that's the major appeal to most of their fanbase :p.

Wait...just to clear things up this would be Baldur's Gate 3, not Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3 right? I'd really like a DA3 but I heard Interplay is having some problems right now, so it might not happen. That's too bad, as I'd like to see where the series was going.

Mashing

I suppose Black Isle (if they still exist) could do it and while I didn't care of Trokia's last game , I suppose they have the pedigree to do it as well.

Mashing

Yeah, I know that... I started to say Obsidian could do it, but I don't know if they have enough people yet for two projects. I could definately see them making the games IF they can get the license.

Tre said:
I figure Black Isle dissolved because Interplay's been heading down the shitter for awhile.

where's that crying icon when you need it? seriously, the DA games (and lately Champions of Norrath) are the only kinds of games I can get my wife to play with me, simply because they aren't competitive.

but you say there's hope?

jedimike

What is this Dragon Age you guys speak of??? Never heard of it. Plus, isn't Bioware already working on a Xenon project?

element

jedimike said:
What is this Dragon Age you guys speak of??? Never heard of it. Plus, isn't Bioware already working on a Xenon project?
Dragon Age is the next game from the NWN Team. It was shown at E3 behind closed doors only.

dragon_age_02_680x530.jpg

dragon_age_03_680x530.jpg

dragon_age_05_680x530.jpg

Limedust

Despite many of the problems I have with The Temple of Elemental Evil... the battle system blows away what the BG and IWD series have. If they can just clean up the quest system and squash the major bugs before release, I think Troika could really deliver something.

Odysseus

Banned
Vieo said:
BG3 AND NWN2? Oh shyt! I think my head is gonna explode!

I just rebought Baldur's Gate 2(collection, I never played the expansion). I'm going through the entire series all over again. I just wish I could get my hands on Tales of the Sword coast.

I just bought all of the Baldur's Gate games. You can get Tales of the Sword Coast right here.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/208576.asp

It's the "Baldur's Gate Original Saga," it comes with Baldur's Gate and the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion, and it is only $9.99 (USD).

kevm3

Dragon Age look really good. Is it PC only and will they keep all of the conversational branches and the such?

Top Bottom