• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new 3DMark05 screen!

DSN2K

3dmark05_ship_big.jpg

my 6800 is going to get owned. :(

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
That looks like it was ripped right out of some generic Japanese RPG cutscene. Hell, 3dmark has about as much interactivity as any generic Japanese RPG to boot.

Gattsu25

Banned
those shadows could use some work

Nerevar said:
That looks like it was ripped right out of some generic Japanese RPG cutscene. Hell, 3dmark has about as much interactivity as any generic Japanese RPG to boot.

haha

your creativity amuses me.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Looks like my 9800 Pro will probably get like a 500 on this bench.

I was thinking about getting a 6800 Ultra OC, but I think I'll wait because this stuff will rape that card too.

rs7k said:
What card/system has it been designed for?

There is no such thing. These demos are made to push all hardware to it's limits. No matter what hardware you use this software will never run like a smooth demo, at least not for a year or two. We'll see how PCI Express shapes up.

My P4 3.4\6800 GT still doesn't hold a perfect 60 in 3DMark '03. It's pretty close but there's still some big drops

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"There is no such thing. These demos are made to push all hardware to it's limits."

More like your video card to the limits. It doesn't stress anything else too much.

It isn't so realistic because real games will have other things being calculated, like AI, which will stress your processor.

teh_pwn said:
More like your video card to the limits. It doesn't stress anything else too much.

Remember that '03 runs the major demos through a software engine too, meaning that it is testing your CPU. It also has a small battery of sound tests. It also runs Havok physics tests.

It is GPU centric, but your whole PC gets a taste too.

Also I meant that the demos are made to push all hardware from now until maybe '06, and that there was no specific model system.

Top Bottom