• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ATI CATALYST 4.10 is out!

Deg

Banned
Great King Bowser said:
Catalyst doesn't work with mobile radeon 9600s does it? :(

Where can I get drivers for my card, I swear the ones from Dell are old.

edit: oh, you have to stick with dell unfortuantely. How have you been?

Deg

Banned
Great King Bowser said:
Bub? Hey man, long time no see.

Anyway, on topic. Shitty, shitty Dell.

Dell are ok but their driver updates are annoying. They react sometimes when the compliants start getting big.

Culex

Banned
gofreak said:
How do you mean? Weren't you always able to set your resolution to the 720p and 1080i resolutions?

Technically, yes. You had to fenagle the settings through the setting control panel in windows to get the display to show properly before.

shit I am having some problems with this driver, my Windows Media Player 10 is not showing the video (plays the music with black screen) and divx isn't working either! Quicktime is working though, any idea whats wrong?

Lhadatt

Doom_Bringer said:
shit I am having some problems with this driver, my Windows Media Player 10 is not showing the video (plays the music with black screen) and divx isn't working either! Quicktime is working though, any idea whats wrong?
Yes, try the overlay controls.

Not to infer that anyone in this thread is a n00b, but make sure you uninstall the previous drivers first. This is very important, otherwise you might see some screwups like what you've got.

Lhadatt said:
Yes, try the overlay controls.

Not to infer that anyone in this thread is a n00b, but make sure you uninstall the previous drivers first. This is very important, otherwise you might see some screwups like what you've got.

I did uninstall the old drivers! and its still not working, where are the overlay controls?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Does this mean my AIW 9800 will actually display 720p desktop on my HD set through DVI? And teh gamez? Or is it some bullshit scrolly nightmare like last time...

Lhadatt

Doom_Bringer said:
I did uninstall the old drivers! and its still not working, where are the overlay controls?
Right click on Desktop > Properties > Settings tab > Select the ATI card > Advanced > Overlay tab.

Alternate idea: Uninstall, then reinstall without the Catalyst Control Center (the new fangled .NET application). That will take you back to using the old style ATI Control Panel. The Control Center sucks a bit more resources, maybe it has effects on other stuff too.

Top Bottom