• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Burning Brides Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm listening to the new album right now. I absolutely love Fall of the Plastic Empire and I really love Leave No Ashes so far. It's got this hauntingly 80s punk sound to it with a kick of grunge thrown in. It's a three piece band, and they may get pretty big soon. They just finished touring with A Perfect Circle and they were downright amazing. I never gave much of a shit about opening acts, but damn...they were just that damn good.

Anyways, new album totally rocks. Any other fans here? I think the band is downright phenomenal, they've quickly shot up my list and CD's always playing in my car. It's a strangely intoxicating band to say the least.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm extremely disappointed in Leave No Ashes. It's got such a clean, overproduced sound. I really, really can't dig that. It reminds me of how the last Donnas record sounded compared to everything that came out before it. From this dirty, dingy, noisy recording, to super clean. I got a promo copy of it on eBay in April or something, and I've only listened to it a few times.

The song "King of the Demimonde" is really, really good, though.

AlphaSnake

I don't know about that. Empire sounds far more produced than Ashes.

atomsk

Party Pooper
my complete and utter disgust with this band knows no bounds...

i was subjected to them live twice (manson and audioslave)... NEVER AGAIN

AlphaSnake

atomsk said:
my complete and utter disgust with this band knows no bounds...

i was subjected to them live twice (manson and audioslave)... NEVER AGAIN

What in the hell? What's wrong with them? They're a terrific band. You make it sound as if they sound like Linkin Park or Simple Plan.

AlphaSnake

fart said:
you might want to start by not listening to manson or audioslave. the rest should follow.

Haha. I can agree with Manson, but Audioslave is great. Cornell >> World. Greatest vocalist of all time. But Soundgarden betters Audioslave, though,

AlphaSnake

Lambtron said:
Soundgarden was good.

Audioslave is absolute poo, dude. I'm sorry.

Roar! DIE! :p

I'm so in love with King of the Demimonde. What a fucking crazy song.

fart

Savant
i tend to believe that i liked soundgarden because i was 12, especially after listening to that terrible audioslave album

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
"King of the Demimonde" is my 2nd favorite Brides song-- right behind the absolutely devastating "Overhead Metal Erection."

atomsk

Party Pooper
fart said:
you might want to start by not listening to manson or audioslave. the rest should follow.

you act as if those 2 bands define my entire catalog of what i listen to. hardly

my hatred for burning brides stems from the first time i saw them, back when they were still a local philly act. they ended up being a last minute replacement for Union Undeground (strained vocal cords or some shit). the whole show felt like cliched rock 101. ohhh, you can play you guitar behind your back. i'm not impressed.

audioslave was a chance to see morello live, something i had been meaning to do for awhile... i will admit BB did improve (this was a good 2-3 years later, so i should hope so) but honestly, it was nothing i hadnt heard before.

still, i can't say they're the worst band i've ever seen live. there are far shittier opening band's i've had to sit through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom