• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Coded Arms screens (Konami PSP FPS)

xexex

Banned
coded-arms-20041103031149128.jpg

coded-arms-20041103031149503.jpg

coded-arms-20041103031149878.jpg

video (might be old, i dunno)
http://www.konamistudio.com/new/coded_arms/coded_us.html

homepage
http://www.konamistudio.com/new/coded_arms/e.html

artwork reminds me of Metroid Prime a little. looks pretty tastey. this and Ridge Racers are high on my PSP list :)

snapty00

Banned
I know there's a lot of hype for this game, so I guess I'll be in the minority when I say I think this looks kinda shitty.

sorry but this looks like shit in motion (at TGS when it was 25% done, things might change though but I am not hyped about it)

Andy787

Banned
I think that looks impressive graphically, though the alien looks like a really bad version of the Starship Troopers/HL2 alien. And is it me, or did they just take all of the font/menu stuff from Metal Gear Acid and paste it over this? Not that it isn't fitting, but hey.

CamHostage

I want to shoot people not some cockroaches.

Most of them are people. These shots all have bugs, but there are people in cockroach suits -- they transform or shift their armor around, move like bugs sometimes and jump up to kill you the next minute.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yeah, i was pretty shocked at how ass it looked in motion... a disappointment because the still shots looked good.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
DCharlie said:
yeah, i was pretty shocked at how ass it looked in motion... a disappointment because the still shots looked good.

The earlier screens looked good, these ones have graphics that a PS1 game would produce.

ferricide

Bebpo said:
It doesn't
heh, for a PSP title at TGS it had a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat framerate. =)

i think by US launch this will be solid. it looked good in motion. people who say it looks like "shit" were expecting current-gen PS2 games from PSP launch, or something. please.

jiggle

The environments sure are pretty.
Too bad I can never play this type of games. Just watching the video alone is enough to make me a little nauceous.

XS+

Banned
Why should I keep my hopes up over this game? Is there such a thing as a stellar Japanese FPS? Pass, wait for a bargain/used price..

DCharlie

"i think by US launch this will be solid. it looked good in motion. people who say it looks like "shit" were expecting current-gen PS2 games from PSP launch, or something. please."

well, not really, it just did look like shit to me.

ferricide

DCharlie said:
well, not really, it just did look like shit to me.
well, it depends on what is meant by that statement. did it look like an amazing game? no, it looked pretty basic, but also rather far from done. did the controls suck? yes, kind of, but they sucked on just about every PSP game to a greater or lesser extent. did it have some of the best graphics on the show floor for a PSP game? yep.

uh, I'm not anymore so sure if I want to play FPS games with a single analog stick. Tried to play some Quake with DC and DC pad.... :\ But if this a slow paced fps it could work bit better...

But these screens look ok.

DCharlie

"did it have some of the best graphics on the show floor for a PSP game? yep."

i think we must have seen a different game, because the Code Arms i saw looked terrible in motion.

some of the bet graphics for the PSP ? Are you sure? Maybe if they sortout the frame rate and animation , but on TGS showing? Not IMO.

Top Bottom