• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New details - GTA: San Andreas

I can see it know. A big uproar regarding committing suicide in the game. Teens reenact the gameplay from GTA, news at eleven.

Source: Translated from Gamefront.de

27.07.04 - Here further information is to GTA: San Andreas from the English and French ' PSM2 ' magazine, as well as from the Australian ' Techtoyz ' magazine:

- to self-defense one can use some objects in the roads: When one is unarmed pursued, one snatches a bottle and feels thereby.

- jumps one from to high buildings, one will die (in the predecessors only something energy was taken off).

- the city lot Santos is 1.5 times as largely as Vice town center. It possesses a port, in which a fair is.

- to the options in the main screen the points ' SELECT ', ' audio ', ' display ' belong and ' option '.

- while one drives too fourth in the car and shoots at enemies, one has another goal for each passenger, on which he fires. The car has also a kind energy border, which lowers itself with hostile ball hail.

- in the hairdresser shop of Reece one can select oneself different hair-styles and styles, from which the most expensive approximately USD costs 500.

- by the raue sun exposure some roads in easily oranges colours will be held, as it on the first pictures to already see were.

Vashu

Done my best, though my German is a bit rusty.

- For selfdefence, one can use various objects from the street. Incase you don't have a weapon in hand, you can snatch a bottle and use that as a weapon.

- If you jump from high buildings, you die (simple huh :p). In the previous games you only lost a bit of energy

- Los Santos is 1.5 times bigger, it even has a harbour where a market can be found (fishmarket I take it :p)

- Options in the main screen are 'Select', 'Audio', 'Display' and 'Options'

- If you have four guys in the car and fire at your enemies, every passenger has his/her own target on which he/she shoots. The car also has it's own energybar, which drops when under a hail of bullets.

- At the barbershop which is owned by Reece, one can select various haircuts, and the most expensive one costs about 500 dollar.

- Because of the raw sunshinerays some streets are held in an orange color, which could also be seen on the first screens.

There, did my best to translate it as accurately and understandable as possible. Here ya go.

8bit

Knows the Score
Dagnabbit! Pipped to the post!

--

GTA: San Andreas information from English and French 'PSM2' magazines as well as from Australian 'Techtoyz' magazine:

In self defence, you can use objects from the street. If you're unarmed, you can pickup a bottle and use that.

Jumping from a high builidng will kill you, previously this would strip you of energy.

Los Santos is 1.5 times the size of Vice City. There is a harbor with a carnival.

The options on the main screen are Select, Audio, Display & Options.

In a four man drive-by, each passenger has a different target. Your car has an energy meter which is lowered when you are hit by bullets.

Reece's hairsalon
allows you to choose many hair styles, the most expensive costs 500 dollars.

The Sun's rays falling on the street cause the orange effect shown in many of the early pictures.

Vashu said:
- If you have four guys in the car and fire at your enemies, every passenger has his/her own target on which he/she shoots. The car also has it's own energybar, which drops when under a hail of bullets.

Thanks. Got it, so bish tagged me with hail of bullets. I should change my name in SOCOM ;)

"You were killed by hostile ball hail"

Vashu

sonycowboy said:
Thanks. Got it, so bish tagged me with hail of bullets. I should change my name in SOCOM ;)

"You were killed by hostile ball hail"

Ghehe, yeah... Kugelhagel, Kugel is also ball, hagel is hail and feindlichem is hostile. Combine that in a rough way, and there you have it. :p

Anyhoo, things sound interesting. Can't wait to put the game in my PS2. :D

FnordChan said:
I have to say, actually dying after running off the top of skyscrappers, while realistic, is no fun. Bah!

FnordChan

It's ok. I found it disturbing to crash on the ground and only lose 15 health points.

bjork

I wonder how the "adrenaline" will come into play. Like, could you take the pill, put everything into slow motion, and then jump off a building and still run around until the pill wore off?

You know, like how dudes do PCP and run on broken legs because they feel no pain until it wears off.

FnordChan

solarplexus said:
It's ok. I found it disturbing to crash on the ground and only lose 15 health points.

Whereas if I'm going to be chased by a small army of Keystone Kops, I want to have the option of jumping off buildings on a motorcycle without having to worry too much about surviving the experience. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm still not entirely sold on the move away from Looney Toons and towards something that vaguely resembles realism.

FnordChan

FnordChan said:
Whereas if I'm going to be chased by a small army of Keystone Kops, I want to have the option of jumping off buildings on a motorcycle without having to worry too much about surviving the experience. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm still not entirely sold on the move away from Looney Toons and towards something that vaguely resembles realism.

FnordChan

I think they're just referring to you jumping off of a building without anything. Basically just running your character toward a ledge and then jumping, instead of your character landing and doing a small roll, they'll just die. I don't think they'll take away the ability to jump cars and bikes off them. Atleast I hope not because I do that quite a bit.

evil ways

bjork said:
I wonder how the "adrenaline" will come into play. Like, could you take the pill, put everything into slow motion, and then jump off a building and still run around until the pill wore off?

You know, like how dudes do PCP and run on broken legs because they feel no pain until it wears off.

Different drugs will probably produce different effects with their own pros and cons, so it's no longer just 1 generic pill.

FnordChan

SolidSnakex said:
I think they're just referring to you jumping off of a building without anything. Basically just running your character toward a ledge and then jumping, instead of your character landing and doing a small roll, they'll just die. I don't think they'll take away the ability to jump cars and bikes off them. Atleast I hope not because I do that quite a bit.

This sounds perfectly reasonable to me. We'll wait and see how things turn out, rather than my getting up in arms about translations of a few lines of a German article.

FnordChan

evil ways

bishoptl said:
Um, the game that offers different drugs to take is NARC. :D

San Andreas as well. Dan Houser said in one of the interviews that drugs will play a bigger role than just trafficking, and that each drug would have a specific effect.

I don't have the quote or the link at hand, but I remember when it was posted a lot of people said it was copied off NARC, but GTA would probably take credit for it since NARC was delayed.

Vashu

SolidSnakex said:

Nah, they won't. Without anything, they wouldn't survive, like in real life! But bikes and cars can handle the thrashing, not to mention the bashing. Don't worry, I am sure they will work things out, sure of it, no doubt.

evil ways said:
San Andreas as well. Dan Houser said in one of the interviews that drugs will play a bigger role than just trafficking, and that each drug would have a specific effect.

I don't have the quote or the link at hand, but I remember when it was posted a lot of people said it was copied off NARC, but GTA would probably take credit for it since NARC was delayed.

Never heard about this though, probably someone who made the entire thing up. Until we get a viable link, I am a non believer of this info.

evil ways

Never heard about this though, probably someone who made the entire thing up. Until we get a viable link, I am a non believer of this info.

I just found the quote but found out it was credited to some Gamefaqs retard who claimed he had "the newest OPM" magazine after E3 and posted false info that supposedly Hauser said in an interview.

Sorry for that. Carry on.

Gattsu25

Banned
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

That avatar is own

andthebeatgoeson

TPO: IAWYAWTP

Realism, as we know it, is a contradiction. Dying adds nothing to the gameplay, increases the difficulty cheaply and, in a game where freedom and the outrageous is celebrated and encouraged, dying after falling from a great height is ridiculous. Not being able to swim was stupid in a sense, but was done to place boundaries on you. With arguably shitty controls, they should put so much emphasis on negative consequences from falling off a building.

The game would still be great but I don't see the reason, unless certain parts depend on activities in high rise buildings. BTW, missions that had cheap boundaries felt cheap. Missions where you fall into the water accidentally because of the controls, missions where you fell of the building on a bike cuz you hit a 25 cent piece on the roof and slide off (vice city had one where you jumped from rooftop to rooftop on a bike...not an enjoyable one), etc. It was too much based on luck, like those dirtring missions. It should be skill not random luck, that gets you through the mission. This just seems like another cheap way to increase the difficulty.

It justs seems cheap and when you are trying to avoid a 6 star wanted level, you should be allowed any option of escaping.

Top Bottom