• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Doom 3 Footage

teepo

Rabid Wolverine said:
Friggin excellent..

Shame theres no 512 cards on the market... I want the Ultra Quality Mode Setting !

i don't think it makes that much of a difference. just the textures aren't compressed anymore.

teepo said:
i don't think it makes that much of a difference. just the textures aren't compressed anymore.

I read that was the difference between 128 and 256.

Edit: Downloading now. They got this from G4-TechTV? I've gotten find the episode and watch it! Here's a schedule of it I think:

http://www.g4techtv.com/show_schedule.aspx?show_key=25

Edit: Rerun comes on in 2 minutes. 9A.M. EST.

Last Edit: The footage begins 37 minutes into the show.

COCKLES

being watched
Carmack - your god. Kneel bitches.

Doom 3, Halo 2, Riddick, HL2 - A damn fine year for FPSers! :D

Shame 3D Realms had to let us down again with Duke...otherwise the perfect year.

Gattsu25

Banned
Now that I actually have a PC that can run this game over the lowest setting at over 17fps...i'd really like to see this vid as well :D

Bowser

DOOM related news...

Empire Online in the United Kingdom is reporting that The Rock may be starring in an upcoming movie adaptation of the popular videogame "Doom."

In a quote from Rock himself with the aforementioned website, "Spy-Hunter's great. John Woo's on board to direct. The script should come in about two weeks. I'm very, very excited about that. It's supposed to be shot in Prague and Amsterdam, but... You know how movie-making is. If we have to push it because of the weather and the Christmas vacation, then I'll probably take another movie with Universal called Doom... It's based on the game. Where, without giving the movie away, I play the ultimate (censored). Yeah, it'll be great. But you don't know I'm (censored). Without giving the movie away"

COCKLES

being watched
trippingmartian said:
Thanks!

Game looks amazing. What Carmack says about the game looking better towards the end is intriguing. The depths of hell should prove interesting. I can't wait until more games start using this engine.

Shhhh. Broussand might hear you! :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
saw a video of Doom 3 running in one of the Asobits today.

A gang of stunned japanese guys were stood, frozen , transfixed....

mint

Banned
COCKLES said:
Carmack - your god. Kneel bitches.

Doom 3, Halo 2, Riddick, HL2 - A damn fine year for FPSers! :D

Shame 3D Realms had to let us down again with Duke...otherwise the perfect year.
Don't forget FEAR..if it comes out the same year that is.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow wow wow. maybe i should get a new PC.... fuck, that looked great

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I haven't been very excited about Doom 3, but I'll admit it looks amazing. What kind of computer will be needed for these graphics? Maybe I'll just wait for the Xbox port (unless it sucks). I'm still doubting the gameplay though, because I don't know what it will be like. Is it a better-looking Serious Sam, or is it a horror/action game with a nice storyline?

Anyway, someone had better make a new Alien game using this engine. That would seriously rock.

COCKLES

being watched
DCharlie said:
saw a video of Doom 3 running in one of the Asobits today.

A gang of stunned japanese guys were stood, frozen , transfixed....

Pretty much like the Japanese games industry at the moment.

Gattsu25

Banned
are there any links to a high res vid of that one playthrough that happened during an E3 (back when the alpha was first leaked)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Hah that isn't the full video of what aired last night. They cut out the bit with Tim Hollenshead (however it's spelled) confirming the sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

COCKLES said:
Pretty much like the Japanese games industry at the moment.

It's not like Doom 3 is doing anything spectacular other than the graphics.
You want Japanese games with graphics like that wait til PS3.

teepo

seismologist said:
It's not like Doom 3 is doing anything spectacular other than the graphics.
You want Japanese games with graphics like that wait til PS3.

oh, you've played it?

----

Banned
That was just a preview of an upcoming Icons episode I think.

Edit: Yep next Thursday is the Doom episode of Icons.

And 2 weeks from that is the Dead or Alive episode with new footage of DOA Ultimate.

Regardless, that Pulse episode was pretty good (Normally don't watch it.) That Doom footage, confirmation an outside developer is already working on Wolfenstein, and a nice preview of Pirates.

Top Bottom