• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new ds pics...(on an angle)

neptunes

040902-11.JPG

040902-12.JPG

It came from here

http://sakumania.com/diary/ (don't know who the guy is though)

EDIT:I'm Sorry if you came in expecting something else. :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
I just posted that first one like five seconds before you did (in the disapointing PSP thread :))

GDGF

Soothsayer
I think the guy on the right is one of the Yamauchi clones Nintendo has been growing.

Seriously though, these pics at the very least can put an end to the 'But teh NDS has teh cables coming out of it too!' debate that's been going on for awhile.

Thing looks small as hell too (smaller than the E3 version atleast)

Good!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hmm... the photos do make me worried about how we're suppose to actually hold the thing while we're using the stylus (since they seem to be playing the DS on the table).

Still excited as hell to get a DS... but I'm concerned that holding it is going to be awkward.

Soul4ger

MrCheez said:
Hmm... the photos do make me worried about how we're suppose to actually hold the thing while we're using the stylus (since they seem to be playing the DS on the table).

Still excited as hell to get a DS... but I'm concerned that holding it is going to be awkward.

I think they're just doing that so everyone standing around can get a good look at it.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ah, yeah, you have a point.

Still though, the system seems bulky to hold with just your left hand while using the stylus... I guess we'll see.

Soul4ger

MrCheez said:
Ah, yeah, you have a point.

Still though, the system seems bulky to hold with just your left hand while using the stylus... I guess we'll see.

I agree with you, to a degree. For faster games, holding the system and screwing with the stylus could be inconvenient. But, for the purpose of those pics, I think they just want everyone to be able to see.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I really dig the look. It's like a mini powerbook or something, even moreso than the GBASP.
These little leaks are coming closer and closer together now. Not long until the DS blowout, I'd imagine.

I'll bet those guys were tempted as all fuck to steal one of the units :)

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
The web page is for Akira Sakuma (the guy in the Hawaiian shirt in that one pic). He works for Hudson.

From left to right you have hardware guy Masaru Mitsuyoshi, business guy Susumu Tanaka and marketing guy Shinji Hatano.

GDGF

Soothsayer
God's Hand said:
At least the DS is playable right now without connecting it to a high-end PC.

Oh snap!

:lol Seriously, it's funny seeing a bit of angst coming from one of the posters in this thread. I guess the NDS is getting a little too real; a little too close to those who somehow convinced themselves that the PSP had any real chance :)

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Am I the only one who thinks that the DS is coming a little too early? People still suck up GBA : SP and GBA games like mad. I hope Nintendo doesn't bite the fingers of those parents.

snapty00

Banned
Lost Weekend said:
Oh snap!

:lol Seriously, it's funny seeing a bit of angst coming from one of the posters in this thread. I guess the NDS is getting a little too real; a little too close to those who somehow convinced themselves that the PSP had any real chance :)
Wow.

jiggle

Sp3eD said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the DS is coming a little too early? People still suck up GBA : SP and GBA games like mad. I hope Nintendo doesn't bite the fingers of those parents.

DS is not a replacement, they are to co-exist together.;)

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Some people think that NDS won't come this year 'cos of such little info. No...I think we'll get ALL the info after Sony suppossedly reveals "all" about PSP at TGS. It's what I would do...I mean it'll sorta put Sony in a pinch about launch price/date since Nintendo still hasn't revealed NDS info. I mean, does Sony go for high-end/at-cost (like $300) or will they take a loss up front since they don't know NDS's price? And will Nintendo go as low as they can against PSP's price in an attempt to steal more thunder or will they aim higher knowing they'll still be cheaper and come out earlier than PSP and then go for more of a dramatic price drop before PSP launches? Who knows?

jarrod

Banned
Sp3eD said:
A 3 year gap seems fine for the handheld market. At least consumers think so, considering how well GBC & GBA managed it.

neptunes said:
Is it possible for one to be interested in both?
Yes. :)

Top Bottom