• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DVD Day. What did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
B00020HAB0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And I FINALLY managed to track down one of the FIXED versions of the DTS Jurassic Park. Took a couple years, and it was the only copy at the newest Best Buy in the area, but I finally have Jurassic Park in full bitrate DTS. The way it was meant to be heard.
B00004U8JU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yeah I picked up Badder Santa too. Gonna watch it with my lady this week. I really enjoyed it at the theaters. To me, a movie like Bad Santa is a helluva lot funnier than shit like Zoolander, Dodge Ball, Old School, etc. Those movies are just like hour and a half long SNL bits. Fucking lame. Bad Santa had me laughing my ass off pretty frequently.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
What cuts necessitated an unrated version of Bad Santa? Did it actually show the penetration during the FHUTA scene?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Argh when is Eternal Sunshine coming out on DVD!

Still can't wait for the ROTK EE either.

cvxfreak

I bought this Star Wars Episode I and II set in Akihabara today, so I'm seeing the movie in Japanese which is interesting. I wonder if there's English dubbing available...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CVXFREAK said:
I bought this Star Wars Episode I and II set in Akihabara today, so I'm seeing the movie in Japanese which is interesting. I wonder if there's English dubbing available...
We should hang out sometime. I'm in Kamagaya (Chiba Prefecture), but I try to get to Tokyo whenever I get the chance.

Just not this weekend, though. I'm gonna be climbing Mt. Fuji. How cool is that? :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
MrCheez said:
Argh when is Eternal Sunshine coming out on DVD!

Still can't wait for the ROTK EE either.

Eternal Sunshine comes out Sep 28th.

goodcow

My DeepDiscountDVD order partially shipped:

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 ADV004082 DVD : SONIC THE HEDGEHOG THE MOVIE $ 6.23
1 BBC008578 DVD : NEW YORK (7PK) $ 80.59
1 BVD014899 DVD : JUDGE DREDD $ 7.48
1 BVD016537 DVD : ENEMY OF THE STATE $ 11.04
1 BVD017442 DVD : OPERATION CONDOR 1 $ 7.48
1 BVD022236 DVD : ROCK (CRITERION), THE $ 23.22
1 COL000405 DVD : ALL IN THE FAMILY-2ND COMPLETE SEA $ 17.64
1 COL002717 DVD : JACKIE CHANS WHO AM I $ 7.92
1 FXD000534 DVD : WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP $ 7.99
1 FXD000845 DVD : OFFICE SPACE $ 10.37
1 FXD007939 DVD : FAMILY GUY-V.02 $ 29.27
1 LVD013833 DVD : VAN WILDER/WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S (2P $ 8.50
1 LVD014889 DVD : HOUSE OF THE DEAD $ 11.48
1 MCA020576 DVD : BOWFINGER $ 7.48
1 MCA022749 DVD : MIDNIGHT RUN $ 7.48
1 MCA023156 DVD : BREAKFAST CLUB, THE $ 11.19
1 PRD005637 DVD : I LOVE LUCY SEASON-1ST COMPETE COL $ 59.96
1 PRD018907 DVD : FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF $ 10.84
1 PRD032219 DVD : BEVERLY HILLS COP 3 $ 7.48
1 PRD331127 DVD : TRUMAN SHOW, THE $ 7.48
1 WBD012985 DVD : DEMOLITION MAN $ 7.91

Merchandise Total: $ 349.03
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Handling: $ .00
Total for Shipped Items: $ 349.03

You'd think when sending out $350 of merchandise, they'd upgrade me for free to UPS shipping, so it's insured and whatnot, but no, they sent it out USPS. Here's hoping it arrives in a timely manner, and doesn't get lost, or stolen.

shuri

Banned
p1002872611.jpg

Ju-On: The Grudge 1. Yeah and it comes with the anti-demon wall scroll

l_p1003292170.jpg

Ju-On: The Grudge 2

l_p1003323984.jpg

Koma

The cover of the last one looks like a cheesy cat3 lesbian flick (and that aint a bad thing!) but here's the story

"Koma" tells of a petrifying murder of an unwilling organ "donor," where Ching (Angelica Lee), being the only witness to the crime scene, identifies Ling (Karena Lam) as the suspect. Ching, herself suffering from chronic kidney disease that urgently requires a donor kidney, learns that her boyfriend (Andy Hui) is sleeping with Ling. Their fates are further intertwined with suspicion, friendship, betrayal, and passion, but the closer they come together, the closer they draw towards unimaginable consequences. This thriller is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the very last moment!

ManaByte said:
And I FINALLY managed to track down one of the FIXED versions of the DTS Jurassic Park. Took a couple years, and it was the only copy at the newest Best Buy in the area, but I finally have Jurassic Park in full bitrate DTS. The way it was meant to be heard.

Well, it's not full bitrate, it's 768k. Still fantastic though. It's the LaserDisc's "cooked-up" DTS mix dumped onto the DVD.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I too love DTS, but most of the newer DTS movies use DTSES, which does me no good because I'm not running 6.1. Is that right?

Should I bother adding two rear speakers? My receiver supports DTSES.

Thank God for summer jobs, as DDD sent these two titles my way this past week:

B0001WTW1K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00020HBZK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This next one doesn't officially come out until Tuesday, but I found it at Best Buy yesterday, so I had to snag it.

B00020HBX2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DaCocoBrova said:
I too love DTS, but most of the newer DTS movies use DTSES, which does me no good because I'm not running 6.1. Is that right?

Should I bother adding two rear speakers? My receiver supports DTSES.

Well, you would add two rear speakers if you wanted 7.1. You'd add one speaker for 6.1. I suppose the benefits are debatable. Most mixes don't sound much improved over running them in 5.1, however some mixes do actually benefit somewhat from the extra speakers. My opinion is that you should only do it if you a) have the money b) can timbre match the speakers (basically, the same brand/model as your existing rears) and/or c) want to impress people with more channels. :)

Keep in mind that a lot of DTS-ES mixes aren't actually discrete mixes, and the 6th or 7th channel would be matrixed from the L/R rear channels.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Ooh, where can I pick up Ju-on 1 and 2 online? I saw both of them recently, but my local DVD import place (laser blazer) does not carry it.

I ordered the entire KOR tv series from DDD and Hard to Die from some mystery website since no stores carry it. It's the sequel to Sorority House Massacre 2 and nobody has it! Criminal.

lordmrw

065387b.jpg

Haven't watched all of it yet. Gonna get around to it later.

NarutoPC301.jpg

Still waiting for this one to come in the mail. I'll probably get around to buying the first box set next month or so. But then again, next month I'm looking to buy gungrave, Hajime No Ippo, and about 2 or 3 others, not to mention the games I'm going to buy. Shit this sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom