• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new EGM scores (Paper Mario 2)

king zell

credit : MrGlubGlub from IGN and originaly from gorillazfan2491 on the EGM boards

Since this is a special time, I'm going to go ahead and list most of the stuff thats in here. First off, you will love the cover. There are 5 different ones, and I got the Master Chief one.

Metroid Prime 2 starts off Press Start. There's a nice preview on MGS3, the DS, Kingdom Hearts 2, Celebrity Gamer is Jonathan Davis, Afterthoughts is Fable, one last look at San Andreas, a preview for Jak 3, a huge feature on online games.

Alright, the cover story as you may know, is Halo 2, and what from I can tell, it's all about the single player. At the end though, there is a page on Multiplayer.

Now for the reviews:
THUG 2- 9, 9, 8.5 Silver (and by the way, it's 4 pages)
Leisure Suit Larry MCL-3.5, 2.5, 1.5
Demon Stone-7.5, 5.0, 6.0
TMNT 2- 3, 4, 2
Robotech Invasion-4, 7, 6
MK Deception-6.5, 5.5, 8 (4 pages)
FIFA 2005- 8.5, 7.5, 9 Silver
Conflict Vietnam-7.5, 5.5, 4.5

Head to Head of NBA Live 2005 & ESPN NBA 2K5- Live gets an 8.5, 8.5, 8 Silver; ESPN gets a 7, 8.5, 8.5 Silver

Blood Will Tell-8, 6.5, 6
KOF Maximum Impact-6.5, 7, 6.0
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne-8, 9, 8.5 Silver
Guilty Gear Isuka-7, 7, 4
Monster Hunter-8, 8, 8 Silver
Men Of Valor-6, 7.5, 6
Otogi 2- 9, 8, 9 Silver
Mega Man Zero 3- 8, 7, 7
Paper Mario 2- 9, 9, 9 Gold (2 pages) Gold

Game of the Month is Paper Mario 2 and Shame of the Month is Leisure Suit Larry

Next month I assume, will be a huge issue (in terms of pages) like the December issue used to be, since next month will be the Holiday issue. So the cover story for next month (Holiday) will be MGS3, and there will also be a review!!! There will be previews of all the DS and PSP games, the Holiday Buyer's Guide, previews of Devil May Cry 3, Goldeneye 2, and reviews of Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, San Andreas, Killzone. It all hits stands November 16th, which means we should be getting it right around this time next month!!!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Head to Head of NBA Live 2005 & ESPN NBA 2K5- Live gets an 8.5, 8.5, 8 Silver; ESPN gets a 7, 8.5, 8.5 Silver

Great here comes another 400+ page thread.

DarienA said:
Great here comes another 400+ page thread.

390 posts of which will be people saying "IBL" and "Great here comes another 400+ page thread."

That's really too bad about LSL. Also, what's the final word on the supposedly unlockable original TMNT arcade games in TMNT2? If they're in there, that fact alone should push it over a measly "2"!

belgurdo

Banned
bobbyconover said:
390 posts of which will be people saying "IBL" and "Great here comes another 400+ page thread."

That's really too bad about LSL. Also, what's the final word on the supposedly unlockable original TMNT arcade games in TMNT2? If they're in there, that fact alone should push it over a measly "2"!

They are supposedly missing songs and voices so that Konami wouldn't have to pay certain licensors

LukeSmith

WTF People are getting their EGMs in the mail already and I still haven't received the most recent XBN. Foff Ziff Davis.

Mzo

Nice, Paper Mario 2 is a must-buy, definitely.

It's so sad to see them shit all over Larry. I wonder how god-awful the game really is =(

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gah, Paper Mario 2!! I want it sooo much, but I don't want to my backlog to grow even more. Must-be-strong. :|

Ouch for deception.... it really is a fun title.

Lots to do and a pretty solid fighter. Great if you get the collectors set.

I guess it's one of those love it or hate it titles....

Tortfeasor

norinrad21 said:
:lol Shame of the Month is Leisure Suit Larry .........WTF?

You are suprised by this? The new Larry may be funny, but it is hardly a good game. It is one of those things you may force yourself to play to see all of the funny bits, but the actualy gameplay sucks. Oh, and it has constant 20 - 30 second loading times on PS2 when changing screens.

Mzo said:
It's so sad to see them shit all over Larry. I wonder how god-awful the game really is =(
I'm fairly certain, LSL doesn't deserve that low of a score. Seriously, a 1.5 out of 10? I got to play the game back at E3 and even the unfinished beta was deserving of a higher score than any of the one's EGM gave it.

GhaleonEB

......reviews of Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, San Andreas, Killzone. It all hits stands November 16th, which means we should be getting it right around this time next month!!!

That will be a 20+ thread with those scores get posted. Holy damn.

belgurdo

Banned
Mr_Furious said:
I'm fairly certain, LSL doesn't deserve that low of a score. Seriously, a 1.5 out of 10? I got to play the game back at E3 and even the unfinished beta was deserving of a higher score than any of the one's EGM gave it.

IT'S GOT BOOBS IN IT! WE'RE MAKING A POLITICAL STATEMENT HERE!

"Monster Hunter-8, 8, 8 Silver"

I rented this from GameFly and completely hated it. Same vibe I got from DMC2. An hour into it and that's all she wrote. Maybe it gets better as you play it more. Felt so generic.

The MK:D scores are extremely low. But hey, that's all fine and dandy. I'm enjoying it, 8 to 8.5 with an objective opinion.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I still haven't read the reviews yet (I forgot to pick up an issue), but I am adamantly against the LSL scores, at least. More impressions once I actually read it.

fennec fox said:
I still haven't read the reviews yet (I forgot to pick up an issue), but I am adamantly against the LSL scores, at least. More impressions once I actually read it.

Ok so you felt it was funny...can you honestly say you enjoyed any of the game part? Quarters? Trampoline bounce? For the 200th time?

Mzo

Cherubae said:
Ouch.... Isn't this latest release suppose to have the 2nd TMNT NES game unlockable?
If the two arcade games are unlockables... who really cares about the new game at all??

That'd be enough to warrant a purchase right there.

MarkMacD

CrimsonSkies said:
"Monster Hunter-8, 8, 8 Silver"

I rented this from GameFly and completely hated it. Same vibe I got from DMC2. An hour into it and that's all she wrote. Maybe it gets better as you play it more. Felt so generic.

The MK scores are extremely low. But hey, that's all fine and dandy. I'm enjoying it, 8 to 8.5 with an objective opinion.

It's definitely tough to get into MH what with the weird combat and all, but once you get over the hump it's excellent. There's many legit complaints about it, but I dunno how you could think it's generic? The way you hunt for things and make your own stuff seems very original to me.

As for MK, hey, one guy did give it an 8. But it's good to know your opinion is objective
:D

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
rod furlong said:
Ok so you felt it was funny...can you honestly say you enjoyed any of the game part? Quarters? Trampoline bounce? For the 200th time?
No, but then gameplay's always played second fiddle in LSL. This isn't a new thing.

And no way am I gonna start going tit-for-tat with Mark "I (heart) Nintendo" MacDonald!

Edit: I mean Mark "I (heart) Nintendo and anything with a gun in it!" MacDonald!

MarkMacD

fennec fox said:
No, but then gameplay's always played second fiddle in LSL. This isn't a new thing.

And no way am I gonna start going tit-for-tat with Mark "I (heart) Nintendo" MacDonald!

Hahah so why do I always get shit for being the lowest review on Nintendo games? I can't win I tell ya!

bumpage so more people can see the Paper Mario 2 score

:D

Um.. when does the zinio reader version come out? (THANKS WARIO64!!!) I want to read.

AniHawk

CrimsonSkies said:
I'm enjoying it ... with an objective opinion.

*Implodes*

Mzo said:
If the two arcade games are unlockables... who really cares about the new game at all??

That'd be enough to warrant a purchase right there.

I'm pretty sure the arcade game's four players too.

Sho Nuff

Banned
The dialogue exchange portions of LSL are the snappiest I have ever seen in a game and are complete LOLage. Yes the game sucks, but TMNT should be the shame of the month and not Larry.

I projectile shit on your crappy magazine!

Oh no, I was reading the Zinio version! MY FLATSCREEN!!!

Top Bottom