• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New ESPN NBA 2K5 screens

DMczaf

espnnba2k5_082504_BigBen02.jpg
espnnba2k5_082504_DFish01.jpg
espnnba2k5_082504_BigBen01.jpg
espnnba2k5_082504_BigBen03.jpg

I really hope this game doesn't play like complete shit...again.

retardboy

All they need to do is go back to 2k3 and add some little tweaks and it'd be the best bball game out there. I doubt that'll happen, but we'll see...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
retardboy said:
All they need to do is go back to 2k2 and add some little tweaks and it'd be the best bball game out there. I doubt that'll happen, but we'll see...

Fixed because 3 was ASS

pilonv1

K-Mart looks more like Carlos Boozer. But these shots are leaps and bounds in front of the previous ones. The inside of Wallaces shorts are blue though.

They better bring back some decent playcalling.

retardboy

Fixed because 3 was ASS

I liked 2k2 and 2k3. 2k3 had some notable enhancements. I said tweak because some things were changed from 2k2 that needed to be changed back. I thought 2k3 had a lot of promise... Then came 2k4...

Cloudy

Banned
2K2-2K4 Breakdown

2K2 - Played very well and looked great for it's time. It was pretty balanced and the stars (except Iverson) weren't totally unstoppable. Introduced mid-air steals. The post-game was a bit lacking but it completely destroyed the competition.

2K3 - Had the best defensive play (I remember epic games with DM and Matrix) but the pause on fast breaks, ball-bobbling and merciless fg% (missed layups, anyone?) on default made it tough to play w/o major slider work. Introduced diving out of bounds to save the ball. Still by far the best hoops game that year though.

2K4 - Sega went the arcadey route with this one and made the game virtually unplayable with random folks online cos there was so much possible cheese. The lack of a defensive stance button was inexplicable and iso-motion could be abused. Just a total dumb-down of the series. From the lack of camera views to the weak number of plays. The new moves on offense were great but Sega should have paid as much attention to the defensive game. It was a fun game when played with sim ballers but Inside Drive took the crown last year.

2K5 will own us all if they just add the fluidity of 2k4 to the structure of 2k3 :)

What the fuck is so hard about making the crowd look decent?

Jesus shit.

Other than that, it looks awful. Stretched out plastic.

No thanks. What's Gary Payton's rating in the game, BTW?

pilonv1

Another thing I'd like fixed is 95% of the rebounds going to the 4/5 guys. I got sick of averaging 17rpg with Troy Murphy, 12rpg with Dampier and 9rpg with Foyle, while I couldn't muster 2rpg with Richardson. And tone down the offensive rebounds too.

whoever said 2k2 was tops was right on the money. i loved 2k and 2k1, but 2k2 was pretty much the high point of the series (so far). 2k3 wasn't that bad, but last years version was pretty mediocre. i enjoyed the online league play, but there were SOOOOOO many problems with it that i ended up hating it. this years version didn't play much different at e3, but ESPN NFL improved from the e3 version i played so hopefully NBA will do the same.

Top Bottom